Author Topic: Be patient or panic?  (Read 3174 times)

Offline shadango

• Resident
Re: Be patient or panic?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2010 - 12:54:16 PM »
This is one reason I never ever use money orders anymore, unless its someone I know from this forum who can be vouched for.

I have gotten bruned twice.  Once I got my money back (over $500) but it took forever and a lot of leg work on my part thru the USPS process.

Maybe the guy has fallen on some health issues or something...always like to think that people are basically good...but who knows.

If you have a legit address you could visit or send someone to visit...call the local police maybe they can at least verify the address isnt a front for something.  ?

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010 - 04:17:54 PM »
Brett, do you live in the Continental US? Just wondering if there is a border (if outside the US) or some other issue?
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2010 - 07:20:09 PM »
Thanks for the tips and bump guys. Just got home and nothing at my door and nothing in my message box at Moparts. I have not checked his post count but I am going to check it now and the thread I wrote yesterday. I live in the ConUS so there are no borders seperating but there is lots of miles. I am going to check his post count and activity history right now. I might try the facebook thing or even phone some Geitz in the area and see if something has happened if they know him.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2010 - 07:36:00 PM »
i just sold to him recently!

Did you sell him some Indy heads?
*Brett*

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010 - 08:08:56 PM »
You are the ****ing MAN Jason! Phone answered on the second ring, he wasnt there but its definitely his home. I was polite and just asked her to ask him to post me a PM on Moparts. Sounds like his business is in one town and his home in another. Anyway I know he said he was deep into an engine build but damn, keep me informed. I am just so glad that I know where he lives and his phone number......and that he knows I know where he lives and his phone number. I owe you one for sure!   :cheers:   :woohoo:
*Brett*

Offline JoltinJoe

• BALZ TO THE WALZ MAN
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2010 - 08:27:30 PM »
You are the ****ing MAN Jason! Phone answered on the second ring, he wasnt there but its definitely his home. I was polite and just asked her to ask him to post me a PM on Moparts. Sounds like his business is in one town and his home in another. Anyway I know he said he was deep into an engine build but damn, keep me informed. I am just so glad that I know where he lives and his phone number......and that he knows I know where he lives and his phone number. I owe you one for sure!   :cheers:   :woohoo:
I know you know that he knows that you know where he lives.  :roflsmiley:
Do you know that I know that he lives 25 minutes from my office?  :thumbsup:
Seriously though, I hopes that all works out amicably.
HIS: '68 GMC 3/4 ton pick-up truck, '73 Barracuda, '87 Firebird, '01 Jeep Cherokee and finally a '70 Barracuda Convertible!
HERS: 1980 Toyota Starlet, 1995 SAAB 9-5 and then '01 SAAB 9-3 and currently '08 Saab 9-3 convertible!
NEXT IS MINE: purple 2010 Dodge Challenger!!!

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2010 - 09:15:00 PM »
I know you know that he knows that you know where he lives.  :roflsmiley:
Do you know that I know that he lives 25 minutes from my office?  :thumbsup:
Seriously though, I hopes that all works out amicably.

I think its just a big case of out of sight out of mind. He probably sent the heads and never thought to look again and for some reason didnt bother to forward me a tracking number. Hopefully things will work out and I dont have to book a flight on orbitz lol.
*Brett*

Offline priderocks

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2010 - 09:21:00 PM »
I would panic, because it will be good practice. With what is coming down the pike in the nation and world, it will help you prepare.

Offline BadJoey

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2010 - 11:29:26 PM »
Packaging the heads to ship correctly will be a big job alone which could be part of the slow service . No excuse but a maybe . Either way good luck and let us know . :2thumbs:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2010 - 11:33:42 PM »
Packaging the heads to ship correctly will be a big job alone which could be part of the slow service . No excuse but a maybe . Either way good luck and let us know . :2thumbs:

He said he had just bought a set of Indy heads and was going to put the old ones into those boxes and ship them so that would not have taken long.
*Brett*

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2010 - 11:50:36 PM »
Let me know if you want company when you go to visit him.

:2thumbs:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2010 - 07:30:59 PM »
Got a simple and to the point message this afternoon with a tracking number. Doesnt show where its headed, just that its headed somewhere. I think it just might be ok. I guess the phone call at least made him aware that I had no clue wtf was going on. Thanks for all the support and hopefully I wont need the Mopar Militia after all but the thought was/is awesome   :bigsmile:
*Brett*

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2010 - 09:46:39 PM »
Just got new batterys for my stun gun anyway  :biggrin:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2010 - 04:32:38 PM »
Heads showed up today. They look good. I guess all's well that ends well. I will save money not being able to troll the want ads over there. Thats all I used the site for anyway.
*Brett*

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2010 - 06:00:42 PM »
 :2thumbs: