Author Topic: 73 paint codes and options  (Read 688 times)

Offline challydust

73 paint codes and options
« on: May 12, 2010 - 10:49:47 AM »
anyone know the paint options for 73....and what options are what on a challenger with rallye pack...as far as upgrades,...suspesion, t bars...ect....thanks

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010 - 01:01:33 PM by burdar »

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
Re: 73 paint codes and options
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010 - 01:25:08 PM »
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1973/73_Challenger0015.jpg

This page lists the rear swaybar as being available on 340 equiped cars only.  That was changed before 73 production started. (or very early on in the year)  My 318 Rallye package car has a rear swaybar.  Other members have said their cars do too. 

Offline challydust

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010 - 01:44:16 PM »
thanks not sure my production date....but mine a 318 rallye....front sway and not rear sway, unless some one over the years took it off??   and not sure the maesurement of my torsions bars....i see alot of talk about changeing them out.....mine might have been since i bought the car with a 440 in it?...not sure ill have to get a micormeter i guess and measure...i see alot of diff sizes posted on here 

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010 - 02:20:42 PM »
Rallye cars would have had the bigger bars.  Even the 318 equiped Rallye cars.  Your bars should have a silver paint mark on them.

The rear swaybar attached to the frame infront of the tires.  You can check your frame for bolt holes.  There should be 4 holes per side...two on the outside of the frame and two in the inside.  If you find the holes, that means your car had a bar at one time.

Offline challydust

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010 - 03:15:37 PM »
thanks burder.....do u know waht diameter they would be then.?..i see guys on here all the time talkin about switchen em out...all diff dia's.....for better handling?....i know my 400 low deck should be lighter too than a 440 tall deck....just wonderin my best set up with what i have in the car now...thanks so much for the info...and ill look for my holes in the frame...think i want to add a sway bar... :working:

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010 - 05:10:58 PM »
I'm not sure of diameter off the top of my head.  I can look it up for you tomorrow.  I'm thinking it was .89" or something close to that.  The Rallye bars are the same size as the big block bars.  The only "factory" bars that were bigger were the Hemi bars.  The Hemi bars were .92" +or-  I can look up the sizes if no one else posts them. 

Offline challydust

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010 - 05:13:25 PM »
thanks man......yeah i see on here most guys are goin bigger than 0.89 so im sure that what i have , if ur sure small blocks ralleys and bb challys are both the same...guess the handling improves alot...only reason i could see so many guys goin to bigger torsions