Author Topic: Not 4 sale  (Read 3563 times)

Offline femtnmax

Not 4 sale
« on: May 15, 2010 - 11:32:40 PM »
Saw this Cuda on the back roads the other day.  At least its in a dry climate.
Phil

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
Re: Not 4 sale
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010 - 11:44:19 PM »
Another , O I'm gonna fix'er someday..... what a waste..
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline cudachall74

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010 - 01:34:23 AM »
ha ha love his sign wonder how many people have stoped to try and buy it before he sprayed that on.
74 barracuda
74 challenger

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010 - 02:43:08 AM »
Drive by again next year and it will still be there slowly rotting back to earth  ;)
Dennis,Ohio

Offline Sean

• My Cuda Restore
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010 - 11:36:03 AM »
 :roflsmiley:

Funny graffiti but too bad it's just sitting there!

Sean

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010 - 12:37:59 PM »
It seems to me like the person could have just moved the car behind the barn or something but instead would rather flaunt it in some strange kind of way. Do they think the car adds to the scenic beauty of their land where it is, do they think it looks better with the signage spray painted on?
Don't get me wrong, I think people should be able to do anything with their land, as land ownership is one of our three most important rights, but this says something more about the person than the fact that they have a 'cuda that is turning into junk by the roadside. I've met people that take pride in having something that others want, even junk, and would rather not sell simply because they have something others would like to have, no other reason.

Offline acudanut

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010 - 09:07:51 PM »
 I think some guys love flaunting their toys to add misery to those who want the car, but can't have it.  It gives the owner some kind of sick satisfaction.  :stomp:

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010 - 11:07:48 PM »
Nice pic.
When I lived in Wisconsin there was an AAR Cuda along side Interstate I-94 going south to Madison and it had the same painted "not for sale" on or near (can't remember) on the car. When I moved to Boulder, CO in '94 there was a GTO Judge next to a garage and the guy had a big Not For Sale and arrow pointing to the car spray painted on the run down garage. I few years later the Judge and garage were gone. I never did hear where they went. Robert (Boulder) do you know where they went? The car was on South Broadway 93 right after the Marshall/Eldorado Springs road before Rocky Flats.

Wes

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010 - 08:33:34 PM »
That's too weird. I lived in wisco too. Saw that dang. AAR   Not sure on that GTO. I know of both those cars though. Wut a small world.   Ya' know...   There are still cars out there...   Waiting to be found.  I drove up North in between Longmont and Greeley and found several (over 20) Mopars. All kinds.  I know of 2 round tail light cudas sittin' right out of Boulder. :naughty:   I pull up from time to time just to check up on them.   R/T
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010 - 08:55:15 PM »
Yep--there are a few left. A used to know where there was a nice 69 Charger on Valmont east of Bould, not sure if it's still there. Also I just found a very nice 70 Mach 1 Mustang next to a garage needing a full resto a few weeks ago. Yeah, not a Mopar, but still a nice car. There is a fastback early 68-69 Cuda near Louisville (Colorado-not Kentucky) also along with one off of I-70 toward Georgetown.

Colorado has a few left but they are getting snagged pretty quick.

Robert that is amazing that you've seen the AAR in Wisconsin also! Your the only other person I know of that remembers that. I wonder where it went......

Wes

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010 - 11:33:29 PM »
Hey Robert,
So did you ever chase down the orange 440 Superbird in Greenwood, WI in a trailer park or the 70 Plum Crazy Hemi Cuda with only 11,000 miles on the clock in XXXXX, WI? I chased the hemi cuda hard but it may still be in the lonely field I saw it in back in the late 80's. I'll have to check when I'm back this year. The guy was in prison last time I checked on the Cuda in the early 2000's. All original, shaker, dana, hemi, white interior, auto, not for sale, rotting for no reason except pride........what a waste.........

Wes

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010 - 12:03:15 AM »
femtnmax,
Looks like the car is a 71 barracuda.  No closer pics I assume.?

MoparCar,  I would gladly drive to WI to go look in a yard to see if a hemi cuda is there.  Just give me the info, I would be glad to go there this weekend.   :bigsmile:
How could someone let a hemi just sit outside and rot? 
  Funny, about two years ago I went to Denver and stripped a 69 Grand Prix for it's parts.  The guy who had the car(and crushed it) had a white 69 judge he picked from an old garage with a not for sale sign.  Forget his name, he's over on Performance Years.  Might be the same one.   Was it white? White repaint I believe.   
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010 - 02:54:03 PM »
Cuda Hunter,
The Judge was orange when I used to drive by it.

The Hemi Cuda (legit car) originally had been bought in 70 and drag raced on and off for only a year or so when the guy traded it to the second owner for a 340 Duster and I believe $600 cash or something like that. The 2nd owner then drove it till the gas crunch in the 70s. He pulled the hemi and stuck a 318 in it for fuel economy....but he took all the original hemi specific items off the car and stored them. When I saw the car, the car was in a field, and the hemi, shaker, hood, tranny, etc. where all sitting in a side shed/barn. He filled the hemi up with diesel fuel so it wouldn't rust up inside. Like I said, I talked to him in the early 2000s and at that time he still had the car, but I've since heard he may have sold it. Who knows what was even left of the car. When I saw the car the first time years ago in the field the car had 11K on the odometer and perfect in-violet paint in the door jams and trunk, weathered exterior paint and hockey stripe, cracked rocker gills, and the interior had been destroyed by mice. I almost had him selling the car to me but he said he had registered the title in his mothers name years ago to save insurance/age group money and she was already an elderly woman so he always was going to get the title the next time he visited his mother. This is one car that isn't an urban legend because I actually saw the car in person. I wish I would have gotten the VIN off of it at that time to see if anyone every restored it. I got side tracked in chasing it back then because I moved out of state and bought a house.

This guy also had a true GT500 Shelby in that same field but I never got any info on that car.

Wes

Offline femtnmax

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010 - 09:18:45 PM »
femtnmax,
Looks like the car is a 71 barracuda.  No closer pics I assume.?
I have one closer pic, but the license number shows, and figured it was not my place to spread that around.  I'm not an expert at making parts of pics fuzzy.
The car has large rear bumper guards like 73/74, no front bumper guards, has sun visors that do not step up over the rear view mirror.  Hood appears to have Cuda type scoops.
Phil

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010 - 04:19:18 PM »
I know of some birds...    Those are secret.There are a bunch in Wisco.Got to cruise a yellow 440 on my birthday.It was sweeeet! A long,long time ago. I knew of a purple 71'HEMI vert,Purple interior,Billboards. The story was his dad bought it right before going to Nam. He never came back.It was immaculate.His kid got it eventually. I've seen it a few times. He got on her in third and put it in the gravel right in front of me. WoW what a sight! I do know of a really old junk yard with a bunch O' MoPaRs out  past Hawthorn hills park.Way out on Hwy.I. Got some fond memories of seeing all those old muscle cars back in the day.  They are out there. Waiting.    The 68' Charger is gone. The guy moved I think.   That AAR was gone ages ago. Not sure what happened. I'm stalking a white AAR now.Guess it's been disassembled. And separated.  Got a tip from a guy doing carpet. Like i said... They are still out there!     I'm always looking. It's like a 6th sense. You just get on a roll sometimes. A vibe.  My girl has it BAD! She can find em quick! Now she wants a Duster for a daily driver too.  :bricks1:     I sure do love these old carz.   R/T
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"