Author Topic: Anyone live near Scranton, PA?  (Read 666 times)

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
Anyone live near Scranton, PA?
« on: May 19, 2010 - 05:45:43 PM »
I started a new job up here and am staying in Clarks Summit. This place is kinda boring, I was wondering what there is to do! Is there any dragstrips close or anything like that? Weekend cruises? I like to fish too, although I don't have any fishing gear because they fly us up here. Thanks for the help
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
Re: Anyone live near Scranton, PA?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010 - 06:27:40 PM »
No personal experience, but you can look up Michael Scott at The Office.  You could probably get some sight seeing tips from the show, also.  The plus side is you are only about 2 1/2 hours from Carlisle.

Offline bordin34

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010 - 06:33:09 PM »
I have a house around there, right by Lake Wallenpaupack. If you like to fish check out Lake Wallenpaupack, its 13 miles long. There is the Steamtown Mall in Scranton for shopping and stuff, and at Montage Mountain there are concerts all summer long. If you ATV there are probably plenty of places to do so. If you like the outdoors there are probably alot of places to go hiking and stuff.

1973 Charger SE Brougham Black 400 auto
1974 Charger SE Brougham Blue 318 auto-SOLD

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010 - 02:18:01 PM »
I was born in Scranton and lived there my whole life from 1955 till 2002 when we sold our house in Clarks Summit and moved here to Summerville SC. I started a Mopar Club there in 1994 The Pennsylvania Pentastars.  Lots of nice cars up there. My mom stills lives in Scranton and my sister lives in Clarks Summit. The drag strips are Great Medow (Island Dragway) in NJ about 90 minute ride and in Bloomsburg (Numedia Dragway) which is also about 80 minutes and of course you have Maple Grove ( my favoriate) which is about 2 hours and Englishton NJ which is about 3 hours. Englishtown has a hugh ALL MOPAR show around this time of year. I use to go all the time and won 1st in class in 1999 and 2001 with my 1967 GTX. Fishing is good. I use to trout fish in streams but there are a lot of good lakes and dams there. Where are you working??
If there is anything I can help you with just let me know...
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.