Author Topic: Couple of stories.  (Read 495 times)

Offline 06Daytona

Couple of stories.
« on: May 20, 2010 - 11:06:54 AM »
I dunno if this is the right area to post these in, but they can always be moved if it's the wrong place.

In 2007 I took my 06 Charger from Calgary Alberta to Jacksonville Florida so I could put it on a boat and ship it to Puerto Rico. When I was driving through Kentucky or Tennessee, don't remember which one it was, I stopped for gas at a little station off the highway. I started chatting with the owner of the station and he started telling me about all the cars he'd had through the years. He'd had old Chargers, Challengers, Novas and all the good old stuff.
He asked if I wanted to see a few that he had sitting in a barn and I said sure. He had one of those huge lots with a little old house and half a dozen barns and sheds scattered around it. He opened the biggest barn and it was full of old classics. It looked alot like the pics that somebody posted a while back. They were bumper to bumper and he had documentation for every car in the place. There was a Daytona, a white 70 Challenger and alot of other goodies. He even had a few Hemi engines sitting on pallets in the corner. He'd been collecting everything he could get hold of of about 20 years. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera to get any pics, but it was still pretty impressive.

Second story happened last night at the grocery store.

I came out of the supermarket last night and there's an old guy walking around my car checking it out. My first though was that he hit it and was checking out the damage.
When I got to the car the guy starts talking to me in rapid fire Spanish until I get a  chance to tell him that I don't speak Spanish. I speak it, but he was going on about how the old cars where so much better than the new ones and I thought it would shut him up.
It turns out that he spoke English, so he started the same rant all over again, telling me how the old Mopars are so much better than the new ones and how he wished that they would stop recycling the names and putting them on inferior products.
After listening to him for 5 minutes (it felt closer to an hour) I finally get a chance to say something. I tell him my other car is a 72 Cuda and I'm going to have it on the road in the next couple of weeks.
All he said was 'cool' before he turned around and walked away, muttering about how my Charger wasn't a real Charger.
1972 Cuda 340 4 barrel 4 speed that looks like a 71
2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4X4
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible (Kidmobile)
1972 Dodge Charger 318 auto
1970 Challenger 440/727 auto
1973 Plymouth Duster 340/auto (Making it Panther Pink for the wife)
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid (It doesn't save gas, it just diverts it to the Cuda/Challenger)
In desperate need of more property for my growing Mopar family