Author Topic: Ground Zero Madness  (Read 894 times)

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
Ground Zero Madness
« on: May 23, 2010 - 02:27:58 AM »
Came across an article which as an Australian makes me mad, what does it do for you American's. I hope it is not true but it appears to be.    :villagers:

Mosque madness at Ground Zero

http://www.nypost.com/

A mosque rises over Ground Zero. And fed-up New Yorkers are crying, "No!"

A chorus of critics -- from neighbors to those who lost loved ones on 9/11 to me -- feel as if they've received a swift kick in the teeth.

Plans are under way for a Muslim house of worship, topped by a 13-story cultural center with a swimming pool, in a building damaged by the fuselage of a jet flown by extremists into the World Trade Center.

The opening date shall live in infamy: Sept. 11, 2011. The 10th anniversary of the day a hole was punched in the city's heart.

How the devil did this happen?

Plans to bring what one critic calls a "monster mosque" to the site of the old Burlington Coat Factory building, at a cost expected to top $100 million, moved along for months without a peep. All of a sudden, even members of the community board that stupidly green-lighted the mosque this month are tearing their hair out.

Paul Sipos, member of Community Board 1, said a mosque is a fine idea -- someplace else.

"If the Japanese decided to open a cultural center across from Pearl Harbor, that would be insensitive," Sipos told me. "If the Germans opened a Bach choral society across from Auschwitz, even after all these years, that would be an insensitive setting. I have absolutely nothing against Islam. I just think: Why there?"

Why, indeed.

A rally against the mosque is planned for June 6, D-Day, by the human-rights group Stop Islamicization of America. Executive director Pamela Geller said, "What could be more insulting and humiliating than a monster mosque in the shadow of the World Trade Center buildings that were brought down by an Islamic jihad attack? Any decent American, Muslim or otherwise, wouldn't dream of such an insult. It's a stab in the eye of America."

Called Cordoba House, the mosque and center is the brainchild of the American Society for Muslim Advancement. Executive director Daisy Khan insists it's staying put.
Dave

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
Re: Ground Zero Madness
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010 - 10:14:12 AM »
Helluva Paradox Ain't It. 
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline Challenger III

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010 - 12:53:12 PM »
I can't believe it...  :walkaway:
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0

Offline hebeegbz

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010 - 03:52:16 PM »
Aussie I totaly agree .
 America got exactly what it wanted by aprox 53% vote .
thread gone in 60 seconds

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010 - 10:51:04 PM »
This is very insulting. Choosing that specific opening date is spitting in the wound. And they know it fully well, unless they simply don't take in consideration that non-muslims might have feelings too. After all, infidels are less worth than muslims in their eyes.
I suggest a lot of drawings of their prophet Mohammed (or was it Moooo-hammed?) to welcome them with. Put some graffitti artist to good use.

There are some other things I'd like to say about these "fine upstanding people of peace" (yeah, right), but since I'm at work, and this being a family friendly site, I'll pass. I got on a rant, and decided to not post it.
Let's just say I have no more patience for them and their demands.
Panther Pink '72 Challenger Rallye.
Grey '70 Challenger R/T

-There are two kinds of pedestrians: The quick and the dead.

***Per Arne***

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010 - 11:55:35 PM »
I seriously hope this isn't true. But I wouldn't be surprised if it is. hebee, you said it right. America voted in this unbelievable government.
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010 - 12:06:30 AM »
Dennis Miller compared it to opening a Sushi restaurant in Pearl Harbor.   >:(
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline willhaven

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010 - 02:03:12 AM »
What better way to protect ground zero from future catastrophic attacks than by putting a mosque right there?

Really, I wish that space were used for an actual business that made more tax revenue. Religious institutions are a waste of space that way, especially in a place with a price premium like lower Manhattan.