Author Topic: 1973 Barracuda Restore  (Read 3026 times)

Offline JigSawMan

1973 Barracuda Restore
« on: May 24, 2010 - 08:43:16 PM »
Ok, this is my car as it is now.  It's a 1973 Barracuda.  318 cid auto trans, with matching numbers.  I do not know which direction I'll go yet, as I am still deciding based off of the replies I asked for about this subject.  Some of you asked for pictures, so I figured if I was going to post images, I might as well put them here in the resto forum.  Oh did I mention, I only paid $1500 for the car? ;)

At the end of this post, I am going to include a few of the 1966 pro street Mustang I am also doing.  Yeah, not a Mopar product, but I figured you might want to see some of it too.

Flawless Hood

Front shot

Drivers side roof issues

Rear shot (mustang up front - 460 stroker block for the Mustang at the rear))

Passenger side shot

Passenger roof issues - bleh!

Filthy dirty 318 - Sit!  Bad dog!  Sit!

My 66 Pro Street Mustang - just hung the sheet metal on it

Front shot of the Mustang

The Mustang is back on jack stands as I built a one piece fiberglass front end for it (you'll see it in front of the Barracuda in some of those images).  I had originally had plans for one style but decided against it and moved in this direction which is why it is being reworked.  Like I said, sure it's not a Mopar, but it's still a fun project too. :)

JSM

wagesofsin

Re: 1973 Barracuda Restore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010 - 08:55:55 PM »
looks like a good project, dont be afraid of rust, it happens, heck, anything or anybody 40 + years old is bound to have a few flaws and need some tuning up.  :smilielol:
look at the c pillar pic, it looks toasty, strip it all back, you may be even more surprised.
with gods good graces and some donor parts from members here, i dont see anything scary at all on that car.
the aftermarket is rife with parts now.
youll do fine to build her as you please.
just remember to enjoy it, without passion it becomes a job, and therein lies the failure .
for your only payment is saying... this is mine, and i did it my way.

:2thumbs:

Offline Challenger III

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010 - 09:08:15 PM »
 :iagree: Here Here!  :working:
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010 - 09:29:19 PM »
Passenger roof issues - bleh!

JSM

LMAO!
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...