Decoding the Broadcast sheet

Author Topic: Decoding the Broadcast sheet  (Read 4654 times)

Offline Burpin Chunks

• http://mikescuda.net/cuda-challenger/burpin_chunks
Decoding the Broadcast sheet
« on: October 17, 2004 - 01:24:54 AM »
I am tring to figure out how to decode the broadsheet on the 71. I am not sure how to do this and cant find anything on the net. The fender tag is missing. I was told the build sheet has everything that the fender tag has and more. Also there is an aluminum tag clipped to the springs on the rear seat on the back side. What was this for?

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
Re: Decoding the Broadcast sheet
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004 - 10:00:17 AM »
   First go to the far left of the broadcast sheet where you'll see numbers 1 through 11.

1 - Vehicle info. As in the sequence it was built, it's order number, VIN, delivery and handling such as built to Canada or US specs.

2 thru 5 - Items listed as individual components. Such as steering column, radiator, even idle and tire pressure labels. If the item was to be a particular color there would be more than one code under it's "tab". For instance a black horn pad will have a two digit number/paint code of 02\X9. 02 will be the last two digits of the part number and X9 indicates black. Some assemblies show three digits such as the engine and these would of course be the last three digits of the part number.

6 thru 11 - Sales code items. Don't let yourself get tunnel visioned on these as they're easy to decipher. They would have matched your missing fender tag - just know that the fender tag won't have every code that the build sheet indicates. If one is missing, it's better to have the build sheet than the fender tag. Lesser of two evils so to speak. For example the first code on line 7 will have "F" listed in it's tab and show "Police Engine" with an "01" right under it. Immediately below the tiny "01" would be a printer generated "8" if it's a Trans Am car. The "8" replaces the pre - printed "01" and the code is now read as "F08" meaning a Trans Am engine.
Just follow the tabs for the first letter and look below it for the printer generated number and put them together.

This should get you through the sheet fairly well. Some of the more knowledgable members may be able to further clarify things as i used a 70 Broadcast Sheet since i don't have a 71. Guys...Gals ::)

tfn
(Russ)         
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004 - 10:03:50 AM by twofornow »
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline camjam

• Rare-it-T
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004 - 11:46:46 AM »
Try this web site. They have all the codes for all mopars.
http://users.erinet.com/30561/broadcast.htm
You will notice that there are letters above most of the numbers on each line on the your buildsheet. The is also a number that is above a typed number then the typed number. So "N" is the letter "9" is the number on the buildsheet. "4" is the printed number. This adds up to N94 and in my case a fiberglass hood that was never installed. One of ma mopar's quirks.
71 Challenger R/T 383 4spd - 1 of 10 known to have been built for canada - restored
70 Charger R/T SE 440 auto - restored

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004 - 09:01:32 PM »
And the metal tag clipped to the seat springs is the trim code for the seat.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline Burpin Chunks

• http://mikescuda.net/cuda-challenger/burpin_chunks
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004 - 08:36:31 AM »
yall are the best, gay hugs and kisses for everyone.  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Did Burpin go too far... Just kidding guys. ;D :P

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004 - 12:05:02 PM »
yall are the best, gay hugs and kisses for everyone.  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Did Burpin go too far... Just kidding guys. ;D :P

UUUUMMMMMMMMM   Yeah!!  He did!!  :o   :o   :o   :o  Maybe some high fives??   ;D   ;D   ;D

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2004 - 04:13:40 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D  I need some of those rolling, laughing smileys here...  Burpin....you have been a great addition to the site!!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!