interesting day

Author Topic: interesting day  (Read 2153 times)

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
interesting day
« on: October 20, 2004 - 05:58:07 PM »
About 3 years ago, I met a guy who was restoring a 1970 cuda hardtop and in conversation . . . told me of a man in Detroit that has a huge supply of e body parts.  Once I secured the mans name, I proceeded to call him since I was in need of a grill for the convert. project.  SO living close to where this man lives, I venture down for a visit and WOW  :o  :o  :o  When I get there, he has an 1970 pink cuda convert with a black top siting in the driveway!!  It was a beautiful car! (sorry no pics  :-\ )  ANyway, I bought a grill and didn't really think about asking for some other parts.  Then the other day I saw some convert. chrome for sale and saw that it was located near Detroit.  After contacting the seller of the parts, I realize that this is the same guy that I bought the grill off of!  SO today I took some time off work and 1 hour later I was at this guys house again . . . only 3 years later.  This time I got more of a tour of some of the work this guy does!!  He had a 1971 yellow cuda convert in the garage and was working on a challenger R/T SE at his other garage where the pink car was at this time.  I'm telling you right now . . . . this guy has more parts that I could ever imagine I could gather in my lifetime!  He worked on the Chrysler assembly line!  And really all I saw that he collected was mostly e body part!! And a sh!tload of them.  For example . . . I went to by the chrome for the top of the window on the convert . . .the wide trim?!?!  He had 5 sets!!  OH MY GOD!  Convert top latches?? Opens a drawer and has about 4 sets!! 6 cuda 70 grills, 4 sets of buckets and parts everywhere!!   NZ I thought of you when I saw all the e body glass lined up in the garage! lol  I asked if he had any tail lights and up in the attic he goes and sends down about 6 pairs, some need attention . . but all in all, when you have nothing . . . one of those would work!    I expect next time I go, I take some pics.  You guys will freak!!  Its a cuda-challenger parts store!!  To bad he has no shaker parts. (that he will admit too) lol  SO anyway I bought a new drivers side mirror NOS Chrome, not a racing mirror but the skimpy single one!! ANd I bought 1 tail light assembly complete, 1 convert. top pin, 2 convert top attaching hardware, and some beautiful chrome for the windshield!!  SWEEEEEEEETT!!   

And lol in talking with this guy . . . he told me about a cuda convert that he bought in NY off of e-bay!!  For 3,000.00!!!  LMAO  That was the car that looked like it was sitting in a tree and we were talking about how little there was to sell!!  This guy bought it and went to pick it up!! WHen he got there, he discovered that the cuda had struck a pole in the front end that was not disclosed to him or anyone else!  He was p!ssed!!  He had to send him 1500.00 prior to going to get the car and told him "this was bullsh!t and I drove all this way just to get here to find a smashed up front end!?! The guys said "couldn't you see that from the pics!!"  lol I remember, you couldn't hardly see the car!! (I went looking for the thread but couldn't find it)  SO the buyer told him he wasn't giving him any more money and either sell it for 1500 or give it back and forget the deal!  So he bought it for 1500 and brought it home to Detroit and cut all the good pieces out and junked the rest.  lol!  Tough deal! 

Offline onebadhemi

Re: interesting day
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004 - 06:35:11 PM »
4C what kind of chally parts did he have?

1970 R/T Challenger
1971 Pro street"HEMI" Challenger
2003 V-10 Ram 2500 Q/C
2006 Charger R/T

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004 - 07:03:35 PM »
Wow Dave, that sounded like E-body heaven.  I frequent there often when I'm asleep ;D ;D  I still can't wait to get back up north and check out this guy's collection of E-bodies/parts.....He said he should have just about anything I'll need for mine. :o :o :P
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004 - 09:12:54 PM »
WoW,
he have a 70 right side chrome racing mirror for a resonable price?
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline cuda

• 1970 340 Cuda, pistol grip 4 speed,3:91 sure grip
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004 - 09:41:29 PM »
Careful JS27NOB you will have to drill a hole in your car !!! :)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004 - 11:24:41 PM »

This guy sounds like the kind-of-guy you want to know.  ;) ;D

4C has the connections.  8) Could you ask him if he hasany good condition 1970Challenger drivers side greent tint windows?
If it's a free call, maye give him a ring if your not busy?  :-\ :D

Cheers,
Carl
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004 - 11:36:27 PM »
WoW,
he have a 70 right side chrome racing mirror for a resonable price?

JS27, did you see that one on eBay for $535.00?!! :o  That's crazy!! :o
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004 - 12:23:00 AM »
Guys make your list!!  He said its cool to forward people to him if he has the parts!!  Tons of parts! WOW!!

Offline 71'cuda340

• Mopar OR slow car!
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004 - 12:39:28 AM »
Wow Dave, that sounded like E-body heaven.  I frequent there often when I'm asleep ;D ;D 

;D ;D ;D

Hey 4C,  I need a 1971 Cuda grille.  See one of those? 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2004 - 12:41:09 AM by 71'cuda340 »

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2004 - 01:18:01 AM »
SE front Valance trim ?

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Burpin Chunks

• http://mikescuda.net/cuda-challenger/burpin_chunks
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2004 - 01:35:13 AM »
Ask him if the Pink Convert 3 years back was used in a magazine. The car was called the Pink Elephant. This man is responsible for my love the cudas if it is the same guy and car. Ask him! ok?

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2004 - 05:00:16 AM »

1970 Challenger drivers side green tint window.  ;D

Cheers,
Carl

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2004 - 10:57:44 AM »
Wow I'm still in AWE!!  onebadhemi,  name it and he probably has it!! js27 I asked about mirrors and he said all he has is driver side mirrors.  :P   CP he had so much trim, I couldn't believe the pile of chrome that he had!  CP I think I know what you're talking about . . . I'll definitely ask!  NZ I have to go out to my brothers house and look in the barn . . . I actually might have what you need cause I think we have a couple chally doors sittin around.  Just not sure if they are green tint or not? But if not, there was alot of glass neatly packed in this guys garage!  71'cuda340 . . .yep he had one of those in the basement that he was working on . . . it was complete with all the trim!  I bet that is expensive though!  Burpin I'll ask about the pink convert!! lol  OK I'm making a list and going to e-mail him!!  Get whatever I can!  SSHHHAAWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTT!

UPDATE:  I sent him an e-mail with a list of all the parts you all asked for!! lol  I'll let ya know!!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2004 - 12:31:25 PM by 4cruzin »

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2004 - 12:59:01 PM »

THANKS 4C!!!!!!!  :D :D :D Your the man with the connections mate. I hope he has all our parts.  :D ;D 8)

Hope either your brother or this guy has my window.  :)

Cheers,
Carl

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2004 - 01:15:45 PM »
Now I know there is a difference between convertible and hardtop glass but cuda/challenger glass??  Are they the same or is the challenger different from the cuda??  Curious  ???