Author Topic: Henessey Viper Cuda Dilemma???  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Green Mopar Guy

Henessey Viper Cuda Dilemma???
« on: June 25, 2010 - 09:33:54 PM »
I'm building a 1970 Cuda shell with a complete 3rd generation Hennessey Viper underneath. Everything was going smoothly until we tried to find a tire/wheel combination that would fit under the fenders.

Can you offer any advice on possible A arm changes or something like that? We could always flare the fenders but I think that would ruin the car.

Me and the people I'm working with are stumped and I'm hoping you can offer some advice.

Thanks!

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
Re: Henessey Viper Cuda Dilemma???
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010 - 08:37:07 AM »
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline JeffAARy

• Orange Mopars Drive Me Wild
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010 - 03:11:45 PM »
Contact Mike Staveski at Time Machines.  They've built a few viperized Cudas:

http://www.timemachinesinc.com/pastcustoms/6shooter/
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010 - 03:13:50 PM by JeffAARy »

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010 - 04:05:35 AM »
I'm building a 1970 Cuda shell with a complete 3rd generation Hennessey Viper underneath. Everything was going smoothly until we tried to find a tire/wheel combination that would fit under the fenders.

Can you offer any advice on possible A arm changes or something like that? We could always flare the fenders but I think that would ruin the car.

Me and the people I'm working with are stumped and I'm hoping you can offer some advice.

Thanks!

I am missing a few things here.Is it a complet Viper chassisand suspension underneath? If so then you may want to ask around on a Viper forum but I have never heard of aftermarket A-arms for Viper. If you are using some other aftermarket suspension you wouldn't be asking and if you are using stock E body A-arms there are plenty of upper replacements, RMS Chassis, Magnum Force, CAP...

The very best thing you could do is get a Percy's Wheel Right. It attaches to thelug bolts and you can set you tire diameter and tire section width to see how much wheel and tire you can get. Then order up a set of custom offset wheels to your liking. You can also do it the old fashioned way and make a jig out of plywood and use a tire in the desired dimensions.

Offline Green Mopar Guy

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010 - 10:35:35 PM »
Thanks for all your help guys. 

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010 - 09:15:49 AM »
Sounds interesting, any chance of posting progress pics?