Help with wiper mechanics

Author Topic: Help with wiper mechanics  (Read 854 times)

Offline mrwfp

Help with wiper mechanics
« on: June 27, 2010 - 05:51:51 PM »
My windshield wipers did not work when I needed them yesterday.  When I opened the grille in front of the windshield, I saw the wiper motor with a nut on the shaft.  The long wiper arm was sitting in the drain well unconnected.  It appears to me that this long arm does not connect directly to the wiper motor shaft but there must be a shorter arm that does and helps to rotate that long arm.  Am I correct and where can I get the rest of the wiper assembly so the wipers will work?  If I am incorrect, does this long arm connect directly to the wiper motor shft? Thanks!

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
Re: Help with wiper mechanics
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010 - 05:57:50 PM »
Hi
you are corect there is a small crank arm that bolts to the wiper motor and then the linkage clips to that.
3 speed and 2 speed wiper motor use different arms and linkage so you need to find out what parts you have to make it all work .

Call Kim tell her your from C_C.com she can fix you up.
http://www.passion4mopars.com/products/wiper-motor-crank-arms
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline mrwfp

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010 - 07:11:10 PM »
Thank you! I will do that.  I looked at the web site and it looks like the wiper motor itself may have come from her business.  Hopefully, she will eb able to set me up with the arm and any other bushings or parts that I need to make the wipers functional.  I appreciate your help! 

Offline passion4mopars

• Passion4mopars
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010 - 09:49:27 PM »
mrwfp can you give me a little more info on the wiper motor that you have on your car currently, 3 speed/2 speed, etc. and I'll see if I can help you out with the parts that you seem to be missing??  Feel free to email me, call me or pm me and we can get ya all fixed up     :2thumbs: