Author Topic: They don't make parts like this anymore!!!  (Read 540 times)

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
They don't make parts like this anymore!!!
« on: June 28, 2010 - 08:53:08 PM »
I decided to take my Cuda down to a friend of mines Mopar shop about an hour away. Upon leaving my work I dropped the hammer to show off a bit. At some point under my full throttle run I thought I saw something fly off the car. I pulled over and went all around the car and didnt see anything out of the norm so I continued on my way. After getting to my buddy's shop I opened the hood to show him some work I wanted done and when I went to shut the hood low and behold the grill insert to one of my scoops was gone!! :swear: Never noticed it was loose before. Oh well I thought. Guess I need to find other one since I was sure it was destroyed. As a last ditch effort I went back to the place I thought I saw it fly off and sure enough there it lay at the side of the road. I was shocked to see that it was barely hurt!!! It took twenty minutes of sanding and repainting and it was good as new!! Needless to say it is reattached and I made sure it will never come off again. :burnout:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010 - 08:55:16 PM by cudadave72 »
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline AARCUDADEN

Re: They don't make parts like this anymore!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010 - 11:51:56 PM »
That was pure luck glad you found it and was fixable. I worked on my Cuda one day shut the hood and went for a drive when suddenly my hood flew up  :scared: Yea stupid me forgot to put in the hood pins  :pullinghair: Little fiberglass repair and good as new again. So now i make sure i put those hood pins on  :grinyes:
Dennis,Ohio