Author Topic: Sound deadener  (Read 767 times)

Offline peterro

• 70 Challenger in progress...
    • The Pistonhead
Sound deadener
« on: June 29, 2010 - 01:11:39 AM »
Hey all,

I'm getting ready to install the sound deadener in the car (floor/ceiling/firewall/doors etc) and was wondering about the outer door skin. I'd like to put it on there but there looks to be a layer of undercoating that is already there and I think is original. Any thoughts about attaching the stick on deadener so it will stay and not fall off?

Thanks

Alaskan_TA

Re: Sound deadener
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010 - 01:46:52 AM »
Any chance the car may ever be caught in the rain or washed?

With the doors open at the top water can get in. I would be worried about watter getting trapped in any voids between the sound deader & skin & causing rust.

If you use it, use it behind the inner door panel, even on the back of the plastic panel itself so you do not have to remove it from the door frame for any repairs / window adjustments.

Offline shawge

• Zoiks!!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010 - 11:56:45 PM »
If you use it, use it behind the inner door panel, even on the back of the plastic panel itself so you do not have to remove it from the door frame for any repairs / window adjustments.

That sounds like a good idea.  Has anyone tried it?
- Jerry

Offline peterro

• 70 Challenger in progress...
    • The Pistonhead
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010 - 12:35:39 AM »
That's probably a good idea since it looks dirty from the original water getting in there. It's not really easy to get to the outer skin. I think I'll stick to the inner door for now and see how much material I have left after doing the rest.

Thanks.