73 Cuda

Author Topic: 73 Cuda  (Read 3918 times)

Offline 73_Cuda_4_Me

Re: 73 Cuda
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2004 - 05:59:09 AM »
Plum... WOW! K-member turned out sweet! Thanks for the kind words on fabbing... got some more done this past week, but not on engine, other than cleanup of heads... havent' got pix yet of the heads, where I found broken exhaust stud that caused a lot of leaking, but I can get that taken care of pretty easy...

Thanks all others for your thoughts!

Work update... how many of you out there with Cudas/Chally's have had probs with driver's door window regulators... (Manual)..?

I pulled mine out, as it was stripped on the upper 1/3, and couldn't get window up unless 'helpin' it by pullin up on it with hands...

here is my fix... teeth were all gone on upper stroke of pivot gear... took wire welder, and built it up by 'spottin' it along where old teeth were, ground it back flat, then scribed tooth root and crown on surface, and the spacing between teeth. Took a small triangle file and filed the tooth shape back in... WORKS like NEW!!! I can even crank window up with door closed, against the window molding...  8  )   Total cost... $0 and about 2 hours work. The whole blued area was toothless... figured it was time for some dentures... will look at passenger door window regulator this weekend.

Will keep posting updates and pix on work as I find time (and $$$) for engine... or 'workarounds' that don't cost much.

Have great weekend all, and keep on tinkering!!! Nice Cars, people!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
1973 Plymouth Cuda BS23H3B567783

R11 V6X EN2
M21 M25 M31 M88 N41 N42
V1X U B41 C56 G37 J54
JY9 A6X9 0 703 501616
E55 D34 BS23 H3B 567783

Plum6Pak

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2004 - 07:23:06 AM »
 :o That's waaay cool to be able to repair and fab stuff up like that. The thing that makes us all hooked to these classics at the hip is this type of thing. The more labor of love into them the more addicted we all get. At least that is how it is for me. My precccccioussss has the power to run my life lately!  ;D  Well, I do have something else in my life that comes first and I am sure anyone else out there that is a Grandpa knows what I am talking about!!  ;) The family always comes first. Keep up the good work 73_C4_Me!

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2004 - 08:11:06 AM »
NICE JOB!!! :o
Hey Plum what kind of material are you using in your glass beader for blasting the suspension componets?

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2004 - 11:25:05 AM »
Also, it appears that the 1970 340 ws originally red, and not orange, even though current color is orange.. you can see some red showing through here...

Bear in mind that the Cuda the way it is is my BEGINNING point! I bought it September 6th, just as it is... since then, have fixed tranny link shift shaft, as was bent from rubbing on top of header, got all the lights working, re-worked the front disk brakes (bleed scres had been stripped, so caliper pistons rusted to cylinders), fixed gas tank sending unit, got radio working, sandblasted headers and installed new exhaust gaskets (they had 3 gaskets each), put in new valve seals to try to stop the oil-burning (to no avail), but compression is 130 to 150 on all cylinders on the original engine.

Have a set of 360 heads for the spare 70 engine... would they be advisable to use (once get new valve seats installed and new valves all around)?

This was a deal I couldn't pass on... to get this good of a starting point for the money was one of those once in a lifetime deals for a numbers matching 73....

;)

That one freeze plug on the right has me perplexed. I have'nt seen one with that type of configuration
Mike, Fremont, CA.