Author Topic: Challenger on French curvy road  (Read 4185 times)

Offline EB3-GranCoupe

• BP23 U0B
Re: Challenger on French curvy road
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010 - 09:28:48 PM »
very nice!  makes me think of a few roads in the southern part of the Appalachians here in the states, say north georgia, and western north carolina.  :smokin:

Offline Road_Runner

• Mopar Owner & Standard Bearer Since 1974
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2010 - 01:43:09 AM »
Very cool!  I wish there was video when I was a teenager!  The autobahn video brings back memories when I would tune the sixpack on the Roadrunner by timed runs between exits on I285 in Atlanta, Georgia!  On a much straighter entrance ramp I'd usually be doing well over a hundred before entering the highway and wouldn't lift til the next exit.  Needless to say I was running a 3.23 highway gear at the time, the 4.10 would have blown the engine if I'd held it down that long.  The stuff we do as kids.... The curvy road video was very cool but it was hard to get a sense of the speed you were going.  It appeared you were behaving more or less and/or didn't want to push a nearly 2 ton car too far around the twisties.  I totally understand, trust me!

Thanks again, Jim
1970 383 Roadrunner Tor Red
1973 318 Barracuda Mist Green
2014 Mustang GT/CS Convertible All Black

Offline Pale Rider

• Pale Rider
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010 - 02:46:28 AM »
.... The curvy road video was very cool but it was hard to get a sense of the speed you were going.  It appeared you were behaving more or less and/or didn't want to push a nearly 2 ton car too far around the twisties.  I totally understand, trust me!...
Max speed on that road was 90 km/h (56 mph). Indeed it's hard to see the speed (same story as the Autobahn vid). Most of the time I drove in 3rd gear (3.23).
I didn't push it but I certainly drove way faster than you're supposed to drive there  :naughty:
I still have my manual stock disk brakes and stock power steering. As we speak/write Wilwood disk brakes and an 'extra extra firm' power steering box from Steer & Gear are on a boat heading for Holland.
With those items I would feel more comfortable to push it a little further.
Perhaps I'll return to that road once more with 3 camera's; 1 on board, 1 for the speedo/tacho and 1 somewhere in the front and mounted very low (bumper?) to give that sense of speed.

Offline Aloid

• Simi Valley, CA
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010 - 03:18:59 AM »
I enjoyed the hell out of that.  Great work on the video and audio.
'73    (O[   ]||||[   ]O)

////  NAME CHANGED TO 360FISH  \\\\

Offline Tonefiend

• ▬▬▬▬ ♫ ♠ ♫ ▬▬▬▬
  • '70 Challenger
    • Ian A. Guitars
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2010 - 03:11:50 PM »
Awesome!  Your videos are great. 

Offline ajantics

• Yeah......Im a drummer!
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2010 - 04:20:47 PM »
 :eek2: Great videos and thank you for sharing them! :thumbsup:
70 Barracuda
73 'Cuda
2003 Dodge Ram 3/4ton
2009 G37s

Offline Road_Runner

• Mopar Owner & Standard Bearer Since 1974
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2010 - 11:57:25 PM »
Max speed on that road was 90 km/h (56 mph). Indeed it's hard to see the speed (same story as the Autobahn vid). Most of the time I drove in 3rd gear (3.23).
I didn't push it but I certainly drove way faster than you're supposed to drive there  :naughty:
I still have my manual stock disk brakes and stock power steering. As we speak/write Wilwood disk brakes and an 'extra extra firm' power steering box from Steer & Gear are on a boat heading for Holland.
With those items I would feel more comfortable to push it a little further.
Perhaps I'll return to that road once more with 3 camera's; 1 on board, 1 for the speedo/tacho and 1 somewhere in the front and mounted very low (bumper?) to give that sense of speed.

Sounds cool, I eagerly await your return with the extra hardware & cameras.  The low mount camera should do wonders for that sense of speed! I'd also love to see close-ups of the faces of the people in the small cars as you thunder by in your Challenger.  Its unreal the reaction I get when people here see me in the Barracuda, I can only imagine how yours stands out in France & Germany.  I'll bet it gets plenty of attention from the local police, too.  Where I live is about three hours from the North Georgia mountains and a little farther to the Dragons Tail (Google it if you haven't heard of it) and at some point I'd like to try my hand at making a video from the Barracuda on that road.  I've been on it on my Harley but that's hardly the best ride for a road like that.  I've bookmarked both your videos and thanks again for sharing!

Later, Jim
1970 383 Roadrunner Tor Red
1973 318 Barracuda Mist Green
2014 Mustang GT/CS Convertible All Black

Offline D70challenger

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2010 - 04:07:37 AM »
awsome vid, love how she sounds, i was going to find an older 440 from the 70's and rebuild it, could i make an old motor sound as good as that?

1970 Dodge Challenger
2005 Ford Mustang

Offline Pale Rider

• Pale Rider
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2010 - 04:16:15 AM »
It would be kinda cool if these videos initiate a new wave of muscle car videos. No more burn out or walk around videos, but videos where you experience the driving (at least that is what I try).
(And yes, I admit, I made 1
walk around video
, but that had a purpose)
So Jim and Drew (and the rest of course), lets fill YouTube with some better videos!

Yeah I know, I sound like an idealistic hippy now. I look that way, why not act that way?  :biggrin:

Offline Bluemonster71RT

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2010 - 11:20:06 AM »
Great vids. Off topic though.... What are the wheels on the Chally? Those look like what I am looking for. 
1971 Challenger RT 383 4spd

Offline Pale Rider

• Pale Rider
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2010 - 11:44:27 AM »
.... What are the wheels on the Chally? ...
17" American Racing AR500

Offline Bluemonster71RT

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2010 - 01:42:02 PM »
Awesome! Thanks. I wanted something that looked like my 14" road wheels. I think that your wheels look mean and classic. Fantastic :thumbsup:
1971 Challenger RT 383 4spd

Offline Pale Rider

• Pale Rider
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2010 - 01:50:00 PM »
... I think that your wheels look mean and classic...
I wanted the looks of a Magnum (love those) and the handling of a low profile tyre. These affordable AR 500's made that possible.

Offline Tonefiend

• ▬▬▬▬ ♫ ♠ ♫ ▬▬▬▬
  • '70 Challenger
    • Ian A. Guitars
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2010 - 03:19:43 AM »
It would be kinda cool if these videos initiate a new wave of muscle car videos. No more burn out or walk around videos, but videos where you experience the driving (at least that is what I try).
(And yes, I admit, I made 1 walk around video, but that had a purpose)
So Jim and Drew (and the rest of course), lets fill YouTube with some better videos!

Yeah I know, I sound like an idealistic hippy now. I look that way, why not act that way?  :biggrin:

Your vids are very inspiring!  Once I get my car and camera together I will get some videos up.   I have alot of great twisty mountain roads here around the San Diego back country and desert. 

Offline drewcrane

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2010 - 04:19:54 PM »
(And yes, I admit, I made 1
walk around video
, but that had a purpose)

yea we do need more in car vids i have a slew of em on you tube, and so does Roland its cool its a great way to show off your area where you live,so we need more i like Them much better than burn outs, and walk around vids

here just one company of the many that offer cheap mounting kits as well as cameras

http://www.goprocamera.com/video,of as i did in one of my vids my brother did a great job of just simply holding the camera(with image stabilization) and it came out great i have had tons of hits :cooldancing:
 and there cheaper on e bay