Oh Yeah!!??

Author Topic: Oh Yeah!!??  (Read 2237 times)

Offline challenger72rt

• My l'il girl w' Dodge hat
Oh Yeah!!??
« on: October 23, 2004 - 10:32:36 AM »
Taken from http://www.allpar.com/cars/lx/dodge-charger.html

If the Charger does well, look for other names to come back - Challenger is reportedly under consideration along with Daytona.
"Once upon a time I had a really bad Monday"

Offline Burpin Chunks

• http://mikescuda.net/cuda-challenger/burpin_chunks
Re: Oh Yeah!!??
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004 - 11:05:42 AM »
I hate the new dodge charger..... ford did a better job with their new mustang in staying true to their first mustang. I am not buying one and it may do well but only has well as a new intrepid can. It isnt retro cept the name. and maybe the roof line sort of. the rest sucks arse. I am speaking out agaisnt the charger hell yes. I am not buying one but to stay loyal to mopar or no car I am not buying a ford or chevy either, I will drive my old car for a few more years and hope they get their act together.

Offline onebadhemi

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004 - 01:17:46 PM »
I hate the new dodge charger..... ford did a better job with their new mustang in staying true to their first mustang. I am not buying one and it may do well but only has well as a new intrepid can. It isnt retro cept the name. and maybe the roof line sort of. the rest sucks arse. I am speaking out agaisnt the charger hell yes. I am not buying one but to stay loyal to mopar or no car I am not buying a ford or chevy either, I will drive my old car for a few more years and hope they get their act together.

I'm with ya burpin!
Ma mopar is really droppin the ball.

1970 R/T Challenger
1971 Pro street"HEMI" Challenger
2003 V-10 Ram 2500 Q/C
2006 Charger R/T

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004 - 01:35:20 PM »
The new Charger looks like a nissan to me,, Altima or something  :-\

The double diamond styling of the original and the late concept car is gone

It's like they forgot >:(

Offline 71'cuda340

• Mopar OR slow car!
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004 - 03:08:05 PM »
It will not do well looking like that.  Muscle cars are not for the whole family.  :-\   That thing is a disgrace to the Charger name no matter how much horsepower it has.  :'(     DC is in the mind set of " Let's put a hemi in a station wagon and market it as a muscle car!".    :'(   

Offline CHARGER_FAN

• Undercover Charger
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004 - 03:41:01 PM »
Taken from http://www.allpar.com/cars/lx/dodge-charger.html

If the Charger does well, look for other names to come back - Challenger is reportedly under consideration along with Daytona.

That wouldn't even be a shocker if they did that. 10 years from now there could be new Chally's, 'Cudas, Daytona's, Darts, on & on. The really horrendous thing would be if they gave some of those names to Mitsubishi (like the Lancer).

'70 Charger 500

Offline challenger72rt

• My l'il girl w' Dodge hat
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004 - 05:07:37 PM »
I find that the new incarnation look slike a 300 with a slanted roof line.  I prefered it when it was the original concept vehicle.  As kind of Intrepid lookin' 4 door with a swooping nose.  I hate the look of this version.
"Once upon a time I had a really bad Monday"

Offline 1973challenger360

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2004 - 05:40:28 PM »
They built the Charger in the 80's 83-90 I think the challenger 78-80 whatever and same with the daytona,

Bring back the Coronet and Savoy           or a riced up neon with a big wing and call it a daytona (ok scratch that Idea)

Super Bee truck, GTX truck.                                   ::) :'(
1965 barracuda. Was 273/2 904 car had 440 360 in plans
1996 Dodge 1500 ST 5.2 Np3500 4x2 club cab short bed

2008 Veracruz AWD Limited     I pay she drives

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2004 - 07:31:40 PM »
If you look closely on almost every new vevicle made, the b or c pillar(depending on 2 or 4 door) have a very thin area for rear quarter connection at the roof line at assembly. This is the reason that most of the new cars will never resemble anything that we love! They're trying to speed up the assembly line to keep production costs down. Back then, they had to slow down to apply lead or wierd type bondo for the vynyl roof. The bottom line is that no matter what they want to re create, nothing will ever resemble what we like from the era that we love!!!
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline MoparMan

• 70 Challenger R/T, 71 Duster 340, 68 Fury
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2004 - 10:53:34 PM »

According to this post on Dodge-Charger.com, there is a particular person that can be thanked for the wonderful (sarcastic remark) Charger re-creation..

http://www.Dodge-Charger.com/Charger/index.php?board=16;action=display;threadid=47792

If Ford can retro the Mustang, Chrysler can retro the Charger.
They built a cockadoody V6 Crossfire 2-door.
Why they can't build a 2-door Musclecar is beyond me! 

MoparMan
(Bob)

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2004 - 01:02:01 AM »
  It's all marketing. Save $$$ by (in most cases) using an existing platform and name already owned by a given Corporation and make money at the sales end. All that's missing are the words "new and improved".

tfn     
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline 71'cuda340

• Mopar OR slow car!
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2004 - 02:52:11 AM »
Looks like everyone at Dodge-charger.com agrees with me.  ;D  I wonder if anyone at DC ever scans over these kind of web sites?  They should, then they would see how mopar fans really feel about thier new products.  ::) 

Offline Burpin Chunks

• http://mikescuda.net/cuda-challenger/burpin_chunks
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2004 - 03:18:42 AM »
Looks like everyone at Dodge-charger.com agrees with me.  ;D  I wonder if anyone at DC ever scans over these kind of web sites?  They should, then they would see how mopar fans really feel about thier new products.  ::) 

We are the guys that talk up the name and love our cars. Sure other people love their mopars. but if they had a chevy they would love their chevy too. HEY MODERATOR, WEB SITE OWNER, WHO EVER IS IN CHARGE, lets get organized and send an official complaint as a club and get all the other clubs in on this. if we get enough names then maybe they will listen. If DC does this time and time again I may never buy a new car again. NOT EVEN THEIR TRUCKS. Ill just rebuild what I got or even go with an older model. F-in pencil pushin never had a go-cart nerd that got beat up by guys like us AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

THIS SUCKS

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2004 - 06:20:30 AM »
I have been buying nothing but Mopar for a long time but I will buy a new Mustang before a four door Charger.I already have a four door Neon-hey,maybe I`l just put some Charger emblems on it and then it will be cool,right? ::)
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2004 - 10:49:29 AM »
hey,maybe I`l just put some Charger emblems on it and then it will be cool,right? ::)

Stickers add more horsepower than emblems!!  Proven fact!! But you could add both!!  ;D