Author Topic: Who goes to a car show to look at new Challengers ?  (Read 5381 times)

Offline acudanut

Who goes to a car show to look at new Challengers ?
« on: July 10, 2010 - 10:56:01 PM »
 We can see those, at a Dealership.  :screwy:

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
Re: Who goes to a car show to look at new Challengers ?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010 - 12:18:57 AM »
I drove 10 hours to the North American Auto Show in Detroit when the Dodge Challenger was introduced.  Well worth the trip since a Challenger was my first car and I''ve owned my current R/T for 30 years now.
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010 - 01:04:03 AM »
Well when modified Mopargirls Chall fooled 2 people today alone thinking hers was the old version LOL :smilielol:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010 - 08:01:25 AM »
People with new challengers do silly.LOL  There were quite a few New ones at Carlisle this year, not sure how many but probably more than the old ones...

Tom
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010 - 11:19:31 AM »
Well when modified Mopargirls Chall fooled 2 people today alone thinking hers was the old version LOL :smilielol:

Can you post a pic of MoparGirl's Challenger?  Some of us don't get to go.
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010 - 11:48:50 AM »
Bone stock new ones are kind of silly to see at shows, but it is nice to see the modified ones.  This is about the nicest one I have seen, yet.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2010 - 11:58:01 AM by 73Chally »

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010 - 12:26:40 PM »
I'll give you my 2 pennies worth. I took my new Chally to Carlisle last year. At least it's modified, so it doesn't look like any other....Still, once I got there I felt it wasn't right. I know your angle is that car shows should be for older cars, and I guess I agree since I took my old Chally this year.     :burnout:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline drewcrane

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010 - 01:44:17 PM »
Humm, Car shows are for CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,DONT LOOK AT THEM IF YOU LIKE THEM.I love the new Challys,

I have said this before,10 years ago alot people said" i wish they would make a new challenger" I know alot of folks have heard that one and there was not even a hint that that would happen

and now there here and some people dont like them,

so who cares I think there sweet no matter what flavor, if we all like the same thing we all would be driving simcas and volvos :2cents:

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010 - 02:36:32 PM »
It has nothing to do with not liking them.  I love them, and would love to have one.  I just think it's silly that people go to the dealer, buy a car, then drive it to a show that night.  I feel the same about the new Mustangs and Camaros, too.

And you're right, I just breeze right past them all when I'm at a show.

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010 - 04:47:07 PM »
I own one but don't believe it belongs in a car show.
I did drive it up to Mopars in the Park last month, and parked it in the show.  It was $15 for the car and included two day passes for me and a passenger.  If I had parked in spectator parking, it would have been $10 a day each for both of us to attend, so it was hard to beat that deal even if I did have to violate my beliefs about new cars in shows!
I hear my friends complaining about how the new Mopars are overwhelming the local shows, there is no doubt it is something that turns off a lot of enthusiasts.
From some pictures I have seen from Carlisle, it looks like there was at least 100 new Challengers on display.  At this rate, in a couple years there will be 250.  That is just out of control. :2cents:

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010 - 05:43:25 PM »
The number will drop off.  How many new 4 door Chargers do you see on display anymore?

Just like the 1st year of the new Challenger at the Nationals. I walked up to the whole row of Orange Challengers, looked at the 1st one then skipped all of the rest of them.
Rob

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010 - 07:37:07 PM »
Humm, Car shows are for CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:iagree: I like to look at them all!
I have more appreciation for the work people put into their vintage car than for the newer cars but I like them all.
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010 - 07:59:39 PM »
The number will drop off.  How many new 4 door Chargers do you see on display anymore?

Just like the 1st year of the new Challenger at the Nationals. I walked up to the whole row of Orange Challengers, looked at the 1st one then skipped all of the rest of them.

There were more than a row(2 sides) of Chargers, Magnums, Super Bee etc.

Tom

They actually encroached on the club tent(at the end of the E-body row)
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010 - 09:44:04 AM »
I took my 2010 Challenger RT to Carlisle this year. Had a great time talking to people about the car, my car has some mods done to it to recall the 70-71 Challengers. Cool to talk with people who know the Mopar heritage and appreciate all the little details I've added to the car. You wont find a car with these details on a dealers lot. It was neat to see how people modded their cars and the different ways they did it. Talked with a lot of new Challenger owners and some people who were considering buying one. Also had two guys ride with me who became converts and by the end of the weekend were talking about buying one. Ended the weekend on sunday with buying a Cervini shaker hood setup for the Challenger, it's going to look good with the shaker bubble painted argent silver with the B5 paint. My theme on this car is to get it to recall the 70-71 cars, so far so good.

Counted 97 Challengers in the new Challenger show field area saturday afternoon, with at least another 10-15 scattered around outside of that.

I gotta laugh at some of the people with the what i can call "old mopar snob" attitude towards these cars. I've owned over 100 old mopars but currently dont own anything older than my 2000 Ram 2500. Sold my 70 Cuda droptop to buy a Viper in the spring of this year. Always wanted a Viper and someone made me an offer I could not turn down on the Cuda.  Never understood that attitude towards the FWD cars earlier either...we are all MOPAR people to me. The couple next to me on saturday who drove their 2010 PCP Challenger to the show also owned a 70 hemi cuda and a 66 Hemi satellite. You would be surprised how many people who own new challengers also own older Mopars. I drove my RT up to Carlisle with the cruise at 75 with the AC on, got 25.8 MPG. Thats a pretty common thread amongst the people who own these new Challengers for why they bought one.

I'm going to get another old school mopar in a bit, probably a Roadrunner or a Cuda. But for now I'll enjoy the Viper and Challenger and take em to shows and I enjoy seeing what people do to their cars and the effort they put into them, no matter how old the car is.

Offline hpe600rt

• how sweet it is
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010 - 11:56:25 AM »
 :iagree: with 71 hemi i have had old ones before also i have about 5k in mods done to my 2010 it all depends on what you like.just be happy and enjoy it as one day they might not be so easy to find.