Author Topic: Tubular Upper control arms  (Read 27944 times)

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
Re: Tubular Upper control arms
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2010 - 12:34:00 AM »
It's going to be a little while before I get them, but my Dad's boss helped design them. They were originally for his custom cobra kit cars that he builds (Emerson Motorsports). They are a very quality piece and have worked for years on his cobras on the street and the track. But yes definitely make sure the nuts are tight.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline capautoproducts

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2010 - 09:11:16 AM »
We selll 100's of sets of uppers for street cars, road racing and dirt track raccers. By far we sell more to the street car user than any other. We sell more product than any other manufacturer.

A body Joe enjoys the personal attacks although he has never bought anything from us. He works for our competition....need I say more.

I do not engage in "online disbutes" and simply say we stand behind our product and support the Mopar community and will continue to do so. Thank you for your support.

Offline abodyjoe

• Get It On....
    • A-Body Joe's
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2010 - 11:16:50 AM »
I work for your competition???   I operate boilers,chillers and 20 cyl diesel engines for a living.  Not sure we have any competition in what we heat and cool.

Only reason I posted those pictures is to inform people. I know I would want to see them before buying any product.  Do you deny that those are your parts?  Do You deny that they are broken right  the bad weld?   Kinda hard to argue with the pics man.

And go look at the links I posted. I didn't start any of them. They are from three different guys. All I did was put the links in one place to inform fellow mopar lovers. It is what it is man. hell you already lied to them. you said that no damage was cause buy the failures.  ummmm  that black runner sure looks damaged to me. hey if people  choose to buy your product after seeing what has happened to a few people that have used your parts in the past so be it.   like i said, i posted the information so someone can make an informed decision. nothing more nothing less. i read a lot of threads on different subjects and different mopar boards from day to day. if i see someone thinking about a product that has had multiple problems with the part or even customer service or whatever it may be i'm going to speak up because that person may not have see the threads.  i would hope someone would do the same for me if i was thinking of buying a product that has had problems in any way.  that way i can take everything into consideration to make an informed decision on weather or not i still want to purchase said part.    hell thats what i thought  all these forums were about .  mopar guys sticking together and letting each other know what is what and who is having problems with what and what parts worked for them..
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010 - 11:55:20 AM by abodyjoe »

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2010 - 08:34:16 PM »
Very interesting, ever hear anything good or bad about the Just Suspension UCAs?

Offline abodyjoe

• Get It On....
    • A-Body Joe's
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2010 - 07:05:05 AM »
Very interesting, ever hear anything good or bad about the Just Suspension UCAs?

no, haven't read anything good or bad  about just suspensions arms believe it or not..

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2010 - 02:07:01 PM »
 Joe, you have to figure your motives will be questioned when the majority posts you've put up here are defending Alterkation and bashing CAP auto. Perhaps CAP is confusing you with dartgt who works for XV, but since your both such outspoken advocates for the respectives systems you use/rep, and you both have built A bodies, it is possible an outside source might confuse the two of you.

Offline abodyjoe

• Get It On....
    • A-Body Joe's
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2010 - 08:11:01 PM »
question my motives??  only one that seems to be doing that is the guys selling control arms with bad welds...  hey man you can use cap parts all ya want.  i'm just pointing out facts and used pictures to back me up. cap even said they had failures for god sakes..  pics make it a lot more real.   i'm just looking out for the guy who is thinking about buying this stuff.  don't want to see him total his car because of a failure or worse get seriously hurt.   and trust me cap knows i'm not pete (gmachinedart).  only reason i know about this thread is someone pm'd me at another site asking me to post the pics i had of the cap arm failures. so i did :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010 - 08:17:18 PM by abodyjoe »

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2010 - 08:15:49 PM »
I think HP is just pointing out why CAP might be suspicious. I don't think he was questioning your motives at all.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline 73EStroker

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2010 - 02:24:44 PM »
I bought these. Nothing against any other product except this one corrects some steering geometry.

I got them from Matts Classic Bowties - $644 + shipping.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010 - 10:09:41 PM by 73EStroker »
Barry (Salmon Arm)

Offline ajantics

• Yeah......Im a drummer!
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2010 - 02:54:22 PM »
I bought these. Nothing against any other product except this one corrects some steering geometry.
:iagree: I also have these!
70 Barracuda
73 'Cuda
2003 Dodge Ram 3/4ton
2009 G37s

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2010 - 03:23:31 PM »
Well, they look bad-a$$. Where did you get these?

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Challenger III

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2010 - 08:58:14 PM »
 :popcorn:
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0

Offline mojavered

• Someday!
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2010 - 09:21:13 PM »
They say Hotchkis on them and they do look pretty tough.  I have a buddy who bought a whole set up for his 68 Camaro.  They gave him a free pass to go take his car to their track so he could feel the G's. 
I bought the Just Suspension ones about 2 years ago when they had a big sale going on.  They seem pretty strong and they look good!  Don't have anything good or bad to report as I just started driving my car about 120 miles ago.
Jason

Offline 73EStroker

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2010 - 10:11:36 PM »
Ajantics - how much difference did you notice. I plan to run 4+deg caster and up to 1 deg - camber with 1/8" toe in.
Barry (Salmon Arm)

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2010 - 09:05:04 AM »

I got them from Matts Classic Bowties - $644 + shipping.

Out of curiosity, what is the measurement from the centerline of the heims to the centerline of the ball joint?