Work Completed Week Ending 10/24/04

Author Topic: Work Completed Week Ending 10/24/04  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
Work Completed Week Ending 10/24/04
« on: October 26, 2004 - 11:04:20 AM »
Well, I can't say I got a lot done this week, but here it is. 

We spent about 4 hours on cleaning, repairing and painting our SE end piece.  Looks pretty good.  We got down and cleaned all of our rear end peices to get them back on the car...bumper, valence, SE peice.

We're kind of in a holding pattern waiting for our engine brackets, vinyl top, and some other odds and ends.  Hopefully will have better updates in the weeks to come.

Would still love to see what everyone else has been working on.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

lemonboy69

Re: Work Completed Week Ending 10/24/04
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004 - 11:47:23 AM »

Well.. I got half of my garage floor finally painted!!! :o 8) 8) ;D :D I've only been SLOWLY working on it since June... tomorrow I'll move most everything else back to the finished side, then clean the other side, and paint her up!!! Should be done by this weekend!! This stuff is REALLY cool!!!! ;D :D

LB

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004 - 12:59:45 PM »
LB that looks awesome!!  WHatever gave you the idea to paint your floor like that!!  SWEET!!  ::)   ::)   ::)    ;D

I have done alittle work preparing the steering column for installation!!  I have also been very busy ordering parts!!  Spent alot of money the last week and half just buying parts!!  I have ordered: Complete exhaust from TTI, Flowmaster Mufflers, Griffin Radiator and a new serpentine kit including new billet power steering unit!!  Gonna look sweet!!  Thinking about what type of battery I'm gonna pick up next!!  Then I'll get REDLINE to help me hook it up to my dash so I can test everything!!  (that is if his fingers aren't broke, haven't seen or heard from him in awhile, wonder if the California sun got the best of him or what?)  Now I just need some time to actually spend working on the car!!  Work has got me really busy!   :P  :P  :P
« Last Edit: October 26, 2004 - 01:31:09 PM by 4cruzin »

Offline onebadhemi

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004 - 01:28:46 PM »
Rev.....would love to see some pics of car
LB....that floor looks sweet!
4C......Got to love when the brown truck shows up!!

I've been working on the fuel cell boxing in the sump area "needs finished" but you get the idea. I just got the OK on all my garage plans so, I will start building in April ;D ;D

Dave

[attachment deleted by admin]

1970 R/T Challenger
1971 Pro street"HEMI" Challenger
2003 V-10 Ram 2500 Q/C
2006 Charger R/T

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004 - 01:32:13 PM »
I installed my rear trunk braces and then switched over to doing more finishing work on the engine compartment.  I can almost say I am done with the engine compartment, except for painting it.  As long as I don't get distracted, I think I can get the undercarriage ready for paint within a couple weeks.  ::)

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004 - 04:38:08 PM »
Well, didn't do anything on the Cuda this past week but my husband and I put up one of those portable garages in our backyard for his 70 Cutlass to sleep in over the winter.  My Cuda is in the garage so we can work on it over the winter.  The garage we put up isn't so bad.  Hopefully we will be able to build our new garage next spring.  I have to go and find out if the town wiull even let us. 

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2004 - 10:28:48 PM »

Mike, Garage is looking sweeeet.  :D Mines small but I make do with what I have.  :)

4C: Sh!t!!! Your getting some awesome parts for your car lately mate, good on ya.  ;)

I'm waiting for my car to be buffed/Polished - Will be back at resto shop next week.  :D 8)

Estimated time of completetion: Early Feb '05.  ;D

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004 - 01:15:12 AM »
Wow, look at all the progress taking place! :o
Rev, what top did you decide on?  I'm sure it'll look awesome either way with the nice work you guys have been doing on it.
Mike, your garage is looking awesome!
4C, that sounds like a ton of goodies for the convert.!
NZ, a few more trips and your car will be ready for you to get back to reinstalling all the fresh components.  That must be an awesome feeling to get that far!
As for myself, does Desktop Dyno count as progress?  I've figured out what route I should go with for my 340...Twin turbos and a 300 shot of nitrous!!! ::) ;D ;D  At an estimated 1,300 hp and likewise for torque.  :o ;D :P
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004 - 02:30:03 AM »

Thanks SC73  ;) But, I'm not doing the reinstallment, this Challenger has been completely professionally restored.
I thought the car deserved it and I couldn't do it myself, my next MoPar in the years a head will be my resto.

But all the engine, trans, interior diff etc etc is already powder coated, rebuilt or restored and bought new - ready to bolt on!!  :D

As for you, are you serious!?!?!?!?! Thats some mean hp/T, obviously a full strip car!?!?!?!  ??? :o 8) :D

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

lemonboy69

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004 - 08:54:21 AM »
As for myself, does Desktop Dyno count as progress?  I've figured out what route I should go with for my 340...Twin turbos and a 300 shot of nitrous!!! ::) ;D ;D  At an estimated 1,300 hp and likewise for torque.  :o ;D :P

NZ... I don't think he's serious... ya know how much $$$ that would take?? More then what I've already got into my car probably... :p :D

LB

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2004 - 11:24:19 AM »
Looking good everyone!

OneBadHemi...I'll have to go out and take some new pics.  It seems when we take pics lately, we only take pics of the piece we're working on...not the whole car.  I'll put some up shortly.

Street...we've decided to go with the gator grain even though it's not 100% like the original, it will still be different.  Hopefully we'll get that next week.

LB...the garage floor is looking great!  We need to do that with ours.  What did you use?

Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2004 - 11:38:04 AM »
Looking good everyone!
LB...the garage floor is looking great!  We need to do that with ours.  What did you use?

Yes LB, Please tell . . . . what did you use!!  ::)  ::)  ::) 

lemonboy69

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2004 - 02:25:44 PM »

LOL guys!!! It's the same stuff 4C has on his garage floor... it's by Rustoleum and it's their Garage Floor Epoxy Paint.... comes in Grey and Brown, bought the 2.5 car garage kit... about $100 bucks at Home Depot... ;) :D ;D AWESOME stuff... and you get to sprinkle little colored paint chips on it while it's wet... hehehe!!

LB

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2004 - 05:18:37 PM »
Does the epoxy roll onto the floor?  I have some imperfections on the garage floor (like chips of concrete taken out) do you think they could be filled in with the paint?  I have seen paint that you can pour out and it helps to level everything.  I saw it a few years ago and now I can't find it anywhere.  Maybe I am crazy!    :-[

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2004 - 09:48:48 PM »
April, I have used the apoxy for a couple years now and it works very well to withstand oil, gas and many other toxic things!! But when you apply it to the floor, it goes on really thin . . . so it's not the type that will fill in the chips and things. Its a 2 part apoxy so you have to mix it and use it within . . . like 4 hours or its not any good.  Still good stuff.  LB came out for a visit and I think I've painted just about every cement floor within my reach with that stuff . . . . mums, office. my garage, basement . . . friends garage . . . brothers house! lol The list goes on.  Now that I think about it . . . where did I get the time!!   :P    ;D   ;D   ;D