Author Topic: cuda-challenger wiki  (Read 1177 times)

Offline peterro

• 70 Challenger in progress...
    • The Pistonhead
cuda-challenger wiki
« on: August 02, 2010 - 07:02:13 PM »
Yesterday (among other times) I posted a technical question about door/window weather stripping after searching for a previous thread. I didn't find one but quickly received a response pointing me to the correct thread. That was great. The question then came up on the thread about how could a user keep track of their favorite/most useful threads on the board to which the answer was bookmark them in your browser.

While that solution works, it's only good for that user and doesn't benefit the site as a whole. I propose we have a site wiki that simply contains threads that are of most use (technically, good vendors etc). It could be categorized by component such as interior/body etc, but also have a search for key words. Maybe it would be useful to have a promotion process or recommendation process to get a particular thread to the wiki. Possibly allow members in good standing with a certain number of posts be allowed to post/modify pages or to convert threads to articles by removing unnecessary thread chatter and leaving all the pertinent info. I could see this growing as a great database over time.

Thoughts?

Alaskan_TA

Re: cuda-challenger wiki
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010 - 07:43:30 PM »
That was the intent of 'The Archives' section at http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?board=22.0

It would be nice if the photos did not drop of the face of the earth every so often though.

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
Re: cuda-challenger wiki
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010 - 02:30:20 PM »
That was the intent of 'The Archives' section at http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?board=22.0

It would be nice if the photos did not drop of the face of the earth every so often though.

:iagree:
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002