Author Topic: The itch got too great.  (Read 3408 times)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
The itch got too great.
« on: August 04, 2010 - 11:14:33 PM »
Been kinda bummed out that my car was so close but yet so far from being finished. I am looking hard at a 2007 Harley Night Rod Special that a guy is selling. The financing is lined up, just taking car of the particulars which hopefully should be settled in the next few days. Really cool bike with race tuner, dyno tuned by Harley, 3k in extras all in all. 4000 miles. Hopefully I will be throwing up some pics real soon   :naughty:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
Re: The itch got too great.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010 - 09:08:51 AM »
Congrads on the new purchase! I do hope you get your car finished soon. Best of luck with both.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010 - 09:18:33 AM »
That might be just the thing to help you relax and re-charge your batteries.   :burnout:
Dave

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010 - 10:58:49 AM »
I must of missed a post you did on your car problem?  Was it the engine or a wreck or what?  Glad you found a way to relax and vent. Just be careful

Offline mjb765

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010 - 11:46:10 AM »
Nothing wrong with that itch. My other relaxation ride is a 2010 Screamin Eagle Street Glide. if you get a chance stop by www.cvoharley.com   great people and great info about the bikes. Just like here except for Harleys.....

I'm MJB765 on there too.....

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010 - 01:12:53 PM »
I must of missed a post you did on your car problem?  Was it the engine or a wreck or what?  Glad you found a way to relax and vent. Just be careful

Not a problem with the car Alan, just going through the normal cycle for me of being frustrated and burnt out on it. Taking a short break from it is all. An engine, trans rebuild and interior pieces is all that it needs......and some re-assembly time. This bike deal was a surprise but a pleasant one. Could not pass it up and I think I will enjoy riding a street bike again. Thanks for the comments mjb765, I will check that site out soon. Rare_T_A, thanks for the thoughts, I will get it done this winter and be ready for spring.   :2thumbs:
*Brett*

Offline Slotts

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010 - 05:40:24 PM »
Hey Bret,  :wave:

It sounds like a real nice bike. All blacked out, right? Please post some pictures when you can.  :2thumbs:

Slotts

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010 - 02:09:58 AM »
Hey Bret,  :wave:

It sounds like a real nice bike. All blacked out, right? Please post some pictures when you can.  :2thumbs:

Slotts

Yes thats the one Jim. Blacked out with red Harley Davidson on the "tank" and thin red stripes on the rims. Comes stock with a 240 tire. Its nice and I will close on the loan Monday. Should be able to post up some pics after I wash it. Been sitting for a long time and has a coat of dust on it.  :jumping:
*Brett*

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010 - 02:38:17 AM »
This the model, but not the same bike I am buying. I really dig it!

*Brett*

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010 - 08:32:23 AM »
This the model, but not the same bike I am buying. I really dig it!
You better be careful so your around to finish that Chally,but have a blast

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010 - 12:52:11 PM »
 :thumbsup: brett,looks like that harley should hall A$$.Just be very careful and keep an eye out for all those idiot drivers out there.i moved from michigan to st paul years ago and don't think i could handle riding a street bike around here.i have a susuki under my deck that i was trying to get running a couple years back even though i probably wouldn't have riden it.  :lol:

be safe................

:cheers:

Dave.................
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010 - 08:14:32 PM »
Thanks guys. The last time I was on a street bike was 1998 and I was almost killed by an idiot that made a u-turn in front of me. I know how easy it is to get in a bad way with any bike but especially a street bike. I love riding bikes and at 41 I think I have the patience and maturity to handle it. Always gotta watch out for the other guy though.   :wave:
*Brett*

Offline Challenger III

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010 - 12:12:20 AM »
I know what you mean about the bikes... For the last couple of months I,ve been bouncing back and forth between this project:

and this project:

« Last Edit: August 07, 2010 - 12:14:35 AM by Challenger III »
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0

Offline mjb765

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010 - 12:16:54 AM »
Thanks guys. The last time I was on a street bike was 1998 and I was almost killed by an idiot that made a u-turn in front of me. I know how easy it is to get in a bad way with any bike but especially a street bike. I love riding bikes and at 41 I think I have the patience and maturity to handle it. Always gotta watch out for the other guy though.   :wave:

Be carefull....I have been riding almost 30 years and have noticed that the general public has become less aware of motorcycles now than they were 10 years ago. Last year I had a woman change lanes right into me because she claims "she didn't see me"..... WELL I WAS RIGHT NEXT TO HER!!!!!!!  Now how did she not see the 800LB, bright blue, fairly loud Harley?? Beats me??? Guess the "noise" didn't bother her.  She hit my right floorboard and pushed me over into another bike and we hit handlebars and we both went down. Luckily neither of us was hurt and the bike got fixed.....it was my first and only time down on the street in my life--not fun.

This was not meant to discourage you--I wouldn't give up riding for anything--just be aware--this world is filled with stupid people with drivers licenses.

Offline mjb765

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2010 - 12:17:35 AM »
I know what you mean about the bikes... For the last couple of months I,ve been bouncing back and forth between this project:

and this project:

Nice...what year?? Looks like a Shovel....
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010 - 12:21:12 AM by mjb765 »