Author Topic: The itch got too great.  (Read 3406 times)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Re: The itch got too great.
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010 - 10:57:03 AM »
You would think that people would be even more aware since there are more bikes on the street than ever before.   :screwy:
Nice bike Mike, give some more pics and details of that ride please!
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Challenger III

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010 - 01:14:26 PM »
Quote from: mjb765 link=topic=70763
Nice...what year?? Looks like a Shovel....

You would think that people would be even more aware since there are more bikes on the street than ever before.   :screwy:
Nice bike Mike, give some more pics and details of that ride please!

Killer bike, Brett! I always liked the V-Rod bikes! My rule of thumb is to treat everyone on the road around me like they don't see me. It has worked so far (except for once, many years ago.... knock on wood).
My little project is a '72 Electra Glide that I rode pretty much stock since around '91. Bought a Dyna Wide Glide around 8 yrs ago and decided to turn the shovel into a custom (always wanted an "old school bobber"). Built the engine myself, 89" stroker w/ flowed, dual plug heads. Cut the stock frame to change to rigid. Hydraulic "suicide" clutch. Dual disc front brakes and disc brake conversion in back. It'll be awhile till I finish it, as I'm expecting another sheetmetal shipment for my Challenger.
[

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.....
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010 - 01:17:23 PM by Challenger III »
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010 - 03:18:42 PM »
I got it a couple days ago. Its a really nice bike. Kinda weird turning with the 240 back tire along with the length of it. Have not run it out yet but it has plenty of power imo. I will get some pics soon and post a few.
*Brett*

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010 - 10:55:39 PM »
Just got back online here at the house. My puter died again so I had to save up to buy another one. Of course my daughter blowing her knee out has not been cheap either. New ACL and a shaved miniscus. I did get my bike endorsement a couple of weeks ago. Glad to be back with you guys again but work is crazy right now so not much time. I chose to throw up a response on here because I am having such a great time riding. I have made a few runs and put over 2k miles on the bike in a couple of months. It is definitely recharging my batteries and whetting my appetite for working on my car. I have to look at it every time I get it out of the garage lol.
*Brett*

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010 - 02:42:07 PM »
 :wave: Brett good to have you back.soon it will be time to park your bike for the winter and back to  :working: on your car.  :ylsuper:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline Cuda54

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010 - 09:30:35 PM »
I like your old shovelhead I have a 1978 full dresser with a S&S 93 stroker. You will need a soft seat on that hardtail. Your back will tell you that after you ride 300 miles straight. I would put some good spring under the seat. Trust me I am 56 and I have ridden my share of hardtails. Now I like to drive my 72 Cuda 440-6 the seat is softer on my back.

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010 - 07:18:47 AM »
Nice bike! Have Fun and Stay safe
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010 - 10:56:41 PM »
Thanks Mopar Fanatic! Nice to be back. Hey Gary, how are things going with you? You were going to move to Florida the last I remember. I hope things are looking up for you.
*Brett*

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010 - 09:34:10 AM »
Thanks Mopar Fanatic! Nice to be back. Hey Gary, how are things going with you? You were going to move to Florida the last I remember. I hope things are looking up for you.
Brett - thanks for asking.  Sold my Challenger and am getting ready to head back to Florida.  Plan on being back there sometime around mid-November. Family is going to stay in TX while I find us a place to live down home.  They'll probably join me around Christmas.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010 - 10:43:57 AM »
Sorry to hear you sold your Challenger. You seem to have things moving in the right direction and its good to hear you are upbeat. Good luck on the move to Florida and starting over. Last night I saw your other thread and read all the posts I had missed.
*Brett*