Author Topic: Cuda decisions  (Read 583 times)

Offline MAXcuda

Cuda decisions
« on: October 30, 2004 - 11:50:39 AM »
Guys, I have a dillemma.  My Barracuda came with a 318 and H51 air.  The a/c stuff is now off the car and it has a 340 in it.  I have the old compressor in the shop, and its reeaally crusty looking.  I'm not considering putting air back on the car, as I am going to to do a 440 swap, but I had figured I would leave the vents and stuff alone since thats where the heat comes out.  Well anyway, I have a B5 blue interior and my dash pad is trashed from years of sun.  I am going to change to a black interior, AND install a rallye dash (which I have).  So that leaves me needing to buy an a/c dash pad, paint or dye my dash vents (two of which have broken vanes) and locate one of these extremely expensive rallye a/c controls and bezel.  One just sold for $355 on ebay in another topic, and thats quickly approaching what I paid for the rallye gagues and wiring harness.  Now I'm wondering if i want to just get a no-air dash pad and be done with it.  I have a rallye heat contol and bezel that came with the set.  Then where does the heat come out?  And what about that huge box under the passenger's feet?  What should I do... keep the vents, lose the vents?

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
Re: Cuda decisions
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004 - 04:38:24 AM »
All you need to do is buy one of those dash caps without the A/C holes and take out the hard
plastic parts of the vents and save them somewhere

Then if you want to put the A/C back in someday you can buy the new pad at that time ;)

The dashcaps cost around a hundred bucks and that beats the heck out of $500+ for the full pads

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
Re: Cuda decisions
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004 - 12:21:59 PM »
Tough choices, I wish I had air. Can you build your own bezel for the heater controls?
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat