what MPG do you get?

Author Topic: what MPG do you get?  (Read 5458 times)

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
Re: what MPG do you get?
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2010 - 11:55:13 AM »
Knowing your air-fuel ratio can't hurt but only help your perfomance and economy.

That autometer wideband is a little more expensive than a narrow band but is the perfect one to use for tuning your 4-bbl.

I just bought one on  :ebay:  I'll install it during the winter....it will give me something to do! :bigsmile:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2010 - 12:41:04 PM »
- G-Tech to show if the changes I made to the carb or ignition made any changes to the speed at 1/4 mile, ie. more hp or less
 :blah: :blah: :blah:

:bricks1:
Did you find  the G-tech a useful tool?
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

sleepychallenger

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2010 - 04:53:57 PM »
let us know how the install goes.

I took a trip to San Antonio from Panama City about 5 months ago or something like that, on the way out there i played a little game....for one tank of gas i rolled the window down and cruised at about 70 - 75 mph on the highway...14.6MPG...the next tank i rolled the window up...15.2 MPG  :bigsmile: i have i guess what you would call a warmed up 383 4 speed 3:23 set up. looking at some of the numbers though...the OD tranny is looking mighty good!

Offline BB 70 Challenger

• Restored Sports Cars
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2010 - 03:23:44 PM »
Did you find  the G-tech a useful tool?

:2thumbs: yes, very much so. MPH at 1/4 mile after WOT acceleration was telling me whether my ignition and card tune settings were going to the right direction, or wrong. I did my testing outside the city, actually on the countryside, between the fields on those looong straights where is no traffic and where you can see miles ahead. That´s where we tuned, and yes, that´s where we street raced, too   :clapping:

In addition the G-Tech is a very good device to teach you the right way to launch your very own car on normal street asphalt and with street tires. Eventually one of my friends ran 12´s (the fastest of us on the street back then) with that G-Tech and he started to question whether that little device was for real, or bogus. So we took that G-tech to the local 1/4 mile strip and verified it´s ET & MPH against the real clocks. We were astonished how close that little thing got: the ET was 0.1 sec or closer to the real 1/4 mile times at the track, and the G-Tech was showing something like 2 MPH too high. But most important: G-tech was/is really consistent, no matter if the figures are not dead-on, but because they are consistent so this makes the G-Tech a very good tuning tool. And fun, too!

Just my two cents.

:cheers:

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2010 - 03:30:46 PM »
wow, went about 82 miles on 16.1 gallons of Sunocos best 93 with the 440-6.
You could say it runs rich.
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline acudanut

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2010 - 01:40:47 PM »
 Gas milage...LOL Who cares. :biggrin: