Author Topic: EASTWOODS NEW Internal Frame Coating GOOD STUFF!  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Risko1

EASTWOODS NEW Internal Frame Coating GOOD STUFF!
« on: August 28, 2010 - 01:28:30 PM »
Used two cans of Eastwoods new frame coating on my 73 Ebody and the stuff works great. Sprays easily in a 360 degree pattern coating everything. As instructed, you have to work the hose back and forth as you slowly pull it back towards you to ensure good coating. Two cans is just barely enough to coat my Barracuda rails going over them twice so I would really recommend 3 cans to ensure 100% coverage. Plan your attack and use an entire can in one go.

Offline Risko1

Re: EASTWOODS NEW Internal Frame Coating GOOD STUFF!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010 - 01:32:40 PM »
Be sure to use newspaper or drop cloth under your rails as you spray because it will find it's way out of every hole or crack onto your garage or pavement and dries very fast!
My wife was very kind to instruct me on that proper procedure after my first can. :swear:
God bless her :scared:

Offline Sean

• My Cuda Restore
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010 - 09:32:12 PM »
I got a can that I will be using shortly on my frame rails.  I also plan to use it inside the rocker panels, cowl, between the roof and roof supports, and anywhere else I can't get to.  Looks like I'll have to buy a few more cans!!!

Sean

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010 - 09:58:20 PM »
Got a link on what this stuff is?

I used 3M rust fighter. http://www.rust101.com/s/10039/rust9.jpg

Its available at most auto body supply stores.
Might be similiar?

Along with the wand they sell.
http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?mwsId=tttttvW9lEgUmy7V5zA_Qy0t2Xwt2D3U3Xut2Xut2tttttt--

The nozzle wand sprays in all directions like what you mentioned the Eastwood has.

Here was my set up

Bought some hard plastic tubing, a brass fitting, and a few small hose clamps at the hardware store. Then adapted it all together. About 3-4 feet long.

Definitely messy stuff that takes quite a long time to dry out.

Mike, Fremont, CA.