Author Topic: QUAD WEBER RB INTAKE  (Read 4988 times)

Offline ozrt4406

QUAD WEBER RB INTAKE
« on: August 29, 2010 - 01:29:57 AM »
HEY GUYS, DOES ANYONE KNOW IF SOME ONE MAKES A QUAD WEBER INTAKE MANIFOLD 'FOR A RB ( 440) SPECIFICALLY  DOWNDRAFTS, EG,48 IDA'S OR 44/48 IDF'S? ..I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING BUT TO NO AVAIL.THANKS
T/A AND R/T............... IM GREEDY.

Offline HP2

• Resident
Re: QUAD WEBER RB INTAKE
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010 - 11:47:22 AM »
Can't say I've ever seen one for a 440. At one time, someone made about a dozen of these for the Hemi engines, but they are rare, rare, rare and hugely expensive if you can find someone willing to part with it.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010 - 12:00:26 PM »
I saw one on ebay a few days ago  nos  but no carbs

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010 - 04:03:25 AM »
i missed out on a complete set up a couple of years ago on ebay us, i havent seen one since, maybe i might have to fabricate one instead.

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010 - 09:02:03 AM »
Have you considered making the manifold so the webers are on a longer manifold like the Ram Chargers had with the carbies on opposite sides and siting flat instead of upright. It would look impressive and if you did a few calculations the runners could be tuned for the right RPM range.   :burnout:   :2thumbs:
Dave

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010 - 01:40:37 PM »
Here is the only Weber application I've seen on a mopar; http://www.glennbunch.com/ .

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010 - 03:06:44 PM »
I've never seen one setup for webers on a b/rb block. Maybe contact TWM, Inglese, Hilborn and see if they make something. Considering the money an intake from any of those companies costs, maybe it would be worthwhile to talk to Hogan's about whipping one up from scratch.
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline 73EStroker

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010 - 09:49:41 PM »
Horrible setup to keep balanced. I had a Lotus Cortina in NZ when I was a teen. that car had 2 x 45DCOE Webers on it and it was a bear to keep the 2 carbs balanced. Can't imagine trying with 4 carbs.
Barry (Salmon Arm)

Offline ozrt4406

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010 - 07:54:31 AM »
Have you considered making the manifold so the webers are on a longer manifold like the Ram Chargers had with the carbies on opposite sides and siting flat instead of upright. It would look impressive and if you did a few calculations the runners could be tuned for the right RPM range.   :burnout:   :2thumbs:
theres a guy here in oz with a 70 roadrunner using that exact setup , with quad 45 /48 dcoes ( sidedrafts ) i really would like down drafts ( idf/ida) type carbs, the sidedraft setup is very intrusive looking , overhanging the rocker covers etc , very similar to the early long rams, ( i sold my long rams ) cause they dont fit e bods, so im specifically looking at going the  down draft route , tuning really isnt so much of a problem to me.

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010 - 08:25:42 AM »
I know it exists because I have seen it in person, but can't for the life of me remember where. There is a guy who does fuel injection that looks like the down draft Weber's and he has a 440 setup, but I can't remember his name either. I'll take a look and see what I can find.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010 - 12:59:04 PM »
*** Bart ***