Author Topic: Need a good dealer for rear quarter skins  (Read 5458 times)

Offline aris_unlimited

• Project in full swing
Need a good dealer for rear quarter skins
« on: August 31, 2010 - 04:08:27 AM »
Well I guess I spoke too soon. Not long ago I was defending year ones credibility. And now they are giving me issues. So the question remains anyone know of a good seller than can get me rear quarter panel patch/skins?
Cuda is gone :(

74 satellite, daily driver/project now

wagesofsin

Re: Need a good dealer for rear quarter skins
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010 - 07:27:45 AM »
mopardave!!!!!!

Offline aris_unlimited

• Project in full swing
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010 - 09:55:16 AM »
I just checked out rosevillemoparts.com wow are they overpriced. Charging about $150 more for the set of rear 1/4s than year one does. I'll deal with year one.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010 - 10:05:09 AM by aris_unlimited »

wagesofsin

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010 - 10:10:06 AM »
ummmmm , he gives a discount to members here , so dont be so hasty until you contact him. you cant just go by the site pricing.

Offline aris_unlimited

• Project in full swing
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010 - 05:23:08 PM »
Well I need these parts asap. Considering my 'cuda is in the body shop right now. So I'd much rather deal with contacting someone and fixing something. Than contacting someone and finding out the price isn't better.

I just don't seen him giving members on here a 25% discount.

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
  • 1973 Challenger F8 in and out, 68 383,727 3.23 pos
    • rosevillemoparts
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010 - 05:40:54 PM »
Over priced, Dont think so, i didnt see 150 difference more like retail to retail is 235 vs 299.  Depends on what skins your looking at from year one, there YO class 4 panels are hand rolled thats why they are 235.00. but if you call them, most of there sheetmetal is discount exempt. I have the AMD skins in stock.
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
70 FC7 70 Road Runner - Sold
71 FM3 Challenger RT
71 Cuda (in process for restoration)
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab
2010 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd - sold
2015 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd Black Out

Offline aris_unlimited

• Project in full swing
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010 - 06:34:31 PM »
I'm getting a pair of their rear quarters for $468, and I got a 20% discount off of them. Brings them down to $374, if you can beat that let me know.

wagesofsin

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010 - 08:22:55 PM »
best of luck in whatever vendor you pursue.
i have dealt with david on all my projects , and can say not an ill word toward him.
his customer service skills are second to none , and the products are as described.
i dont mess around haggling , and i didnt have to on any front with david.
year one is a site sponsor here , yet i have yet to see year one respond to any question in the integrity of their products , customer service , or pricing. and as have many inquiries been made , even the thread bashing them after paddock was found to be closing...
still no response.
the more valiant , concerned , we are bigger than the complaints and have been proven to make it right unquestioned ?
i doubt it ,
the more disinterested?
i believe so.

im shopping dave.    :bigsmile:

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
  • 1973 Challenger F8 in and out, 68 383,727 3.23 pos
    • rosevillemoparts
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010 - 09:01:04 PM »
Thanks John for the vote of confidence. You know i do what i can.

Aris-
purchase from who you like, I can only offer and have no issues with that, As for the panels i will not match pricing when comparing apples to lemons, The yo class 4 panels are inferior junk, the difference in price you find out when your blocking and fixing those panels.

Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
70 FC7 70 Road Runner - Sold
71 FM3 Challenger RT
71 Cuda (in process for restoration)
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab
2010 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd - sold
2015 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd Black Out

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010 - 09:28:26 PM »
I've used YO class 4 floor boards and door repair patches and they were total junk. That little money you save up front will cost you most likely 10 fold in body work. The old saying penny wise but a pound foolish honestly applies to the YO class 4 products.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010 - 11:04:23 PM »
I'm getting a pair of their rear quarters for $468, and I got a 20% discount off of them. Brings them down to $374, if you can beat that let me know.

Man, are you going to be disappointed with that crap from YO. Not to mention the handling fee's and outrageous shipping costs. You will get what you pay for. If you can't afford decent parts then wait until you can. You will be very disappointed, no question about it. My vote goes to Dave (or any of our vendor sponsors for that matter.) And yes, there is a big difference in sheetmetal stampers. I have only dealt with Dave, partially because he is only an hour from me, but Nicks might be closer for you, or E body products. But DO stay with our GOOD sponsors, they will take care of you as best as they can.
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010 - 11:09:41 PM »
no problem on the hardware, check when you can, On the top which one did you get. i have been getting the tops with in a week or two from Legendary, let me know if i can help you with that.
Report to moderator   Logged
 Here is a perfect example of customer service ( you can't get this service from YO ) Dave is willing to get parts faster when a member is in a jam. :jumping: :crazy: :swaying:   GOOD JOB DAVE  :cheers:
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010 - 01:16:21 AM »
MoparDave has treated me very well in the past and bent over backwards to make sure I was happy.  I would recommend him to anyone.  :clapping:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline aris_unlimited

• Project in full swing
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010 - 02:39:13 AM »
Aris-
purchase from who you like, I can only offer and have no issues with that, As for the panels i will not match pricing when comparing apples to lemons, The yo class 4 panels are inferior junk, the difference in price you find out when your blocking and fixing those panels.

I don't have to worry about blocking and fixing these panels. I have a body guy around here, that is one of the best around. And we have already settled on a price.

Man, are you going to be disappointed with that crap from YO. Not to mention the handling fee's and outrageous shipping costs.

The shipping costs do kind of bug me. They shouldn't be as high as they are.

You will get what you pay for. If you can't afford decent parts then wait until you can.

The cost of any mopar replacement parts are so ungodly high that I don't honestly see how anyone can afford to restore one of these things. I had a 69 camaro before this and parts were amazingly cheaper. Now don't get me wrong, I prefer the 'cuda. It has better lines and you don't see many of them around. I am just not willing to spend top dollar on every single piece that goes into this car. If I did that I would probably end up with more in the car than it is worth. This is a build on a budget and I am going to do what my budget allows me to do. On the other hand if people have too much money sitting around they are always welcome to send it to me so I can afford the better stuff.  :bigsmile:

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010 - 02:22:18 PM »
good luck :dunno:
Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!