Author Topic: Need a good dealer for rear quarter skins  (Read 5462 times)

Offline aris_unlimited

• Project in full swing
Re: Need a good dealer for rear quarter skins
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2010 - 08:58:01 PM »
Hey Airis_unlimited, Have you tried to call member AZNICK here?  He is a vender and not but a days drive away from you. I believe he would be close to the price you need for skins. So there's still a chance you may get this issue behind you.  Best of luck

I'll send him a pm and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up!
Cuda is gone :(

74 satellite, daily driver/project now

Offline aris_unlimited

• Project in full swing
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2010 - 10:08:42 AM »
I ended up scrapping my order at yearone and purchasing everything on ebay lol. I was able to get AMD rear quarters, for $40 more than year one (they had a lot cheaper shipping) but I ended up coming out with the same price for everything total because the other stuff I ordered was cheaper on ebay.

Offline Belgium Cuda

• Living in Belgium but beeing Swedish
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2010 - 02:03:06 PM »
I ended up scrapping my order at yearone and purchasing everything on ebay lol. I was able to get AMD rear quarters, for $40 more than year one (they had a lot cheaper shipping) but I ended up coming out with the same price for everything total because the other stuff I ordered was cheaper on ebay.

Are you sure it's AMD your ebayseller is providing and not Goodmark?

Per
1970 Challenger Convertible - to become a Hemi tribute
1968 Charger R/T 500 cui stroker

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2010 - 02:44:10 PM »
Remember the suppliers on here will also give you "free" advice / help that is worth way more than what you saved buying from ebay.  Good luck and keep us updated with pictures as you go.  It's an exciting time to see the panels go on.

BTW, Dave told me about a little trick with the brake cable (while I was placing an order) that saved me from having to cut and weld on my freshly painted car.  He not only sells great products, he's used them and knows what to look out for.

Can I ask you a question?  How much have you budgeted to complete your restoration?
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline E-Body Products

• E-Body Products
  • American Jobs Are Our Children's Future!
    • E-BODY PRODUCTS
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2010 - 11:07:55 PM »
 Good luck with the cuda build.  Lots of good folks on here.  All of the advice I have heard is spot on.  Let us know how things turn out.

Offline aris_unlimited

• Project in full swing
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2010 - 08:59:08 AM »
Can I ask you a question?  How much have you budgeted to complete your restoration?

I haven't really set a budget. I have more like set a timeline, because I know how long it will take me to get the funds together for certain things, although it will go on hold for a while now so I can pay off some loans and put more money towards it later.

I have figured out the funding 2 different ways, and neither one is down to the dollar (obviously). I figured if I wanted to do a budget build and get the bare minimum done to make it a complete driver in good shape it would cost me about $15k. Doing everything the way I want to do will cost me closer to $30-$35k.

Offline 383DART

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2010 - 12:35:24 PM »
 :working:I HAD REAR 1/4'S ROOF SKIN & TRUNK FLOOR. FIT LIKE A GLOVE FROM AMD.

Offline aris_unlimited

• Project in full swing
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2010 - 05:01:46 PM »
Are you sure it's AMD your ebayseller is providing and not Goodmark?

Per

The ad on the ebay page said AMD, and when I talked to the guy on the phone (he called to confirm shipping) he confirmed that they were AMD as well.

:working:I HAD REAR 1/4'S ROOF SKIN & TRUNK FLOOR. FIT LIKE A GLOVE FROM AMD.

Glad to hear that! I'm sure it will make the guy doing the body work happy lol.