Magnumforce vs Reillymotorsports

Author Topic: Magnumforce vs Reillymotorsports  (Read 15114 times)

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
Re: Magnumforce vs Reillymotorsports
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010 - 07:07:55 PM »
I have Bills Alterktion in my Challenger and love it.  :2thumbs: If you have any more questions ask away  :bigsmile:
Ill be adding the 4 link over the winter in the back.
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010 - 08:14:30 PM »
You know guys I called Reilly talked to the owner and was sold. He assured me if there was ANY failure he would take care of it, that there had been none to date, and that he welds all the A arms himself. I dont know the man but any man that would tell me that either speaks from his word or is a bad businessman. I am satisfied, if there is a prob when I get them I will let everyone know.

I don't know squat about either company, and he may be the greatest guy in the world and true to his word. That being said, my first thoughts on reading this were 1) you don't have that promise in writing, 2) if there is a failure, it'll likely happen while you're driving, 3) if there's a failure when you're driving, you could total your car or lose your life, and I'm not sure that he's promising to replace either of those.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline torqueaddict

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010 - 08:30:35 PM »
Seriously no matter what we are talking about on this forum it's a out cars( a mechanical object that can fail and I mean any part of the car). Whenever you buy something aftermarket for a car you run the risk it may fail and in some cases injure you or someone else. This guy has been in business over a decade and nobody has used the court system that we Americans love so much to bring a suit against this guy and put him in the poorhouse. So that means something I have know about rms and  magfor for some time now and been at least reading up on them if his product was that crappy peoe would talk about it. Look  brother anyone who makes a part  like this understands peoples lives are at risk, just like the people who buy them realize the same thing. If you have better suggestions or you make your own a arms let me know so I can support your business or if you have some info about either company let me know but you shouldn't be so smug we are all just trying to worship Chrysler Corp afterall right
1972 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O) 1970 clone

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010 - 09:50:07 PM »
Nothing smug about it, and if it came off that way I apologize to you and Reilly both. I'm just pointing out that a verbal promise is worth the paper it's printed on.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010 - 11:03:46 PM »
The Reilly stuff can fail, it might not have yet, but it can.  Just like the Hindenburg flew tons of flights back and fourth before it burned to the ground, his stuff is not meant for a daily driver in long term.  I've talked to experts that build Mopars everyday at not one will put one in for a daily cruiser because it uses points that were never meant to take the stress of the ENTIRE car's front suspension.  That's what the torsions bars are there for, to distribute the energy to the rear of the vehicle.  If you want to use it in the front end of your vehicle, you need to significantly strengthen everything.

If he said he will pay for any failures, GET IT IN WRITING.  If your car wrecks, he'll be on the hook for it.  Just hope you are around to enjoy it.
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010 - 11:17:00 PM »
 :walkaway: :walkaway:
I was wondering when this thread would get flamed  :22yikes: just because some magazine guy does not like it that makes him no expert,  :pullinghair:

It's funny really  :roflsmiley:  :horse:
Go Fast & Have Fun...

Offline torqueaddict

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010 - 11:53:45 PM »
I don't know squat about either company, and he may be the greatest guy in the world and true to his word. That being said, my first thoughts on reading this were 1) you don't have that promise in writing, 2) if there is a failure, it'll likely happen while you're driving, 3) if there's a failure when you're driving, you could total your car or lose your life, and I'm not sure that he's promising to replace either of those.

My bad I thought you said I didnt squat about either company. Sorry brother thats why it sounded smug.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2010 - 12:01:30 AM »
just because some magazine guy does not like it that makes him no expert, 

Who's the magazine guy?

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline Devil

• Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010 - 12:07:56 AM »
All the magazine guy from Mopar Action to Mopar Muscle don't believe it is a good setup for a cruiser without serious strengthening of the front end.  You might see it on a project drag car, but not on a cruiser or anything seeing the streets for any period of time.

Don't believe me?  Email them, Mopar Muscle, Mopar Action, Mopar Collectors Guide.  They all say the same thing.
Ryan's Cars in Barns

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010 - 12:21:15 AM »
My bad I thought you said I didnt squat about either company. Sorry brother thats why it sounded smug.

As Carl would have said, no worries. I am very arrogant, but all in all I have nothing to be smug about  :grinno:

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010 - 12:23:28 AM »
I like my rms  stuff.  Drive it a lot on the street.and up in the canyons.
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline torqueaddict

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010 - 12:26:06 AM »
The Reilly stuff can fail, it might not have yet, but it can.  Just like the Hindenburg flew tons of flights back and fourth before it burned to the ground, his stuff is not meant for a daily driver in long term.  I've talked to experts that build Mopars everyday at not one will put one in for a daily cruiser because it uses points that were never meant to take the stress of the ENTIRE car's front suspension.  That's what the torsions bars are there for, to distribute the energy to the rear of the vehicle.  If you want to use it in the front end of your vehicle, you need to significantly strengthen everything.

If he said he will pay for any failures, GET IT IN WRITING.  If your car wrecks, he'll be on the hook for it.  Just hope you are around to enjoy it.
D

Dude ANY PART can fail it doesnt matter if Chip Foose or John Hotchkis made it themselves!!! Chryco said they make quality stuff and it will be ok with street duty, he knows what he is talking about and has nothing to gain by me buying it. If something bad happens I will do all in my power to get the word out.

Offline Devil

• Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010 - 12:53:45 AM »
It isn't the manufacturer that is the issue, it is the design.  If someone builds something with a fault in the design, it doesn't matter who makes it.  See: Hindenburg, Titanic, WWII aircraft carriers (wood landing decks BIG issue), etc...

I've read up on Mopar Chassis designs in all the books, studied the way the Mopar front end absorbs and distributes energy through the suspension.  Talked to people that build Mopars for a living.  And they all say the same thing.  The front frame was never built to take the constant full stress of the front suspension on just the K-member bolts. 

Can it work, yes, but with significant strengthening of the front frame rails and upper shock supports.  Otherwise it can fail.  Has it?  I don't know, I don't work for the company and don't go to every board looking for failures.  I've just taken the information that has been provided and learned and come to a logical conclusion and I'm trying to pass that onto you so you aren't the first one with a failure.

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010 - 07:07:44 AM »
Ryan the Alterktion does not use the upper shock mount:)
So what you have is one persons  :2cents: and many happy owners with no failures reported.
You can't quote the mag guy unless he steps up and post here or in their rag it's just hearsay with no proof.

There is a reason xv built and offers extra bracing and it's probably a good idea to use it  :thinkerg: on any of our cars it's like the subframe connectors a little extra bracing really helps.    IMHO  :bigsmile: 

Yes our cars are over 40 years old put one on a frame lift and see it sag  :22yikes: that will make you wonder about the quality Chrysler had back in the day :screwy:
But we still love em
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010 - 07:14:09 AM by thedodgeboys »
Go Fast & Have Fun...

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2010 - 08:58:17 AM »
Ha ha.   Now look. The rms is not going to fail.the frame will bust before that.just because some dude says it will...does not make it so.I have tried.  Railroad tracks,potholes,the roads here are bad. Not to mention the canyons and mountain driving. I've beat the crap out of it more than most.the disclaimer is the law.for you to think it will fail is close to dumb.just looking at the rms you can tell.Original is not the best.it's just the starting point for some.I drive it everyday. Over 14000 miles so far. I'll drive it today too...   Bet my life it don't bust. You think it's just going to snap in half? Ha.  Anyone who knows anything about these cars would know they need frame connectors.crazy talk there devil. I'd concern myself with my car not everyone elses.to me ,  there is no question . Only another turn.
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"