Charlie and Bandit fundraiser?

Author Topic: Charlie and Bandit fundraiser?  (Read 1834 times)

Offline go-fish

• Resident
Charlie and Bandit fundraiser?
« on: September 03, 2010 - 04:15:22 AM »
I was wondering if I could put out the word on the site and try to bring awareness to my unit's dog's here in Iraq. We have raised these guys from puppies and they will be destroyed if we don't bring them home.
There is a program ran by SPCA International called Operation Baghdad Pups that actually does the logistical work of bringing the dogs home from Iraq. They ask that the service member pay $1000 per doge. It costs them over $2000 of their dime alone.
I've posted before about Charlie and Bandit. I don't expect to raise a whole lot of the money and just ask people to consider giving a few dollars or whatever they can.  Charlie and Bandit mean an awful lot to all of us here.
I am working with a animal rescue shelter back home and they are helping with fund raising as well. The SPCA doesn't take multiple donations for a single "mission" for particular dogs, too big of a task I guess (?). They suggested working with smaller groups or people back home to help with fundraising. This is where the rescue shelter comes in. People can donate to them and they will "earmark" all the donations for Charlie and Bandit, then pay the single fee. I just want to get the word out and wanted to run it through the Administrators first.

Thank You,
John

Offline ajantics

• Yeah......Im a drummer!
Re: Charlie and Bandit fundraiser?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010 - 04:32:45 AM »
 :useless: All kidding aside just let me know where to send the donation. Maybe you could set up a paypal so people can just send you money that way? :thumbsup:
70 Barracuda
73 'Cuda
2003 Dodge Ram 3/4ton
2009 G37s

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010 - 07:22:30 AM »
This might be better put in the Off Topic section, it is sad that these dogs are trained and protect the troops and then discarded.    :villagers:
Dave

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010 - 09:53:53 AM »
  Maybe you could set up a paypal so people can just send you money that way? :thumbsup:

I agree with this. I don't know what the process is, but I think if you can get them to understand that this is for a charity cause they will forgo their cut.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Challenger III

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010 - 10:59:43 AM »
If the SPCA doing the fund raising will set up a bank account for this charity, it would make donations easy. Count me in.
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010 - 06:05:25 PM »
Get a Paypal account and I`ll donate whatever I have in mine to your pups or give us the info on where to send $$$.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010 - 02:38:28 AM »
If the SPCA doing the fund raising will set up a bank account for this charity, it would make donations easy. Count me in.

I am waiting for some people at Saving Pets At Risk to get back to me with Pay Pal account details. I am working through them because SPCA Operation Baghdad Pups doesn't take donations for specific dogs. They said to work through friends back home or a shelter to fundraise. They said it would be too much to take many donors money and divvy it up between different troops dogs.
This way I don't have to have people send money to my personal Pay Pal so people know, without a doubt, that this money is going to Operation Baghdad Pups. The money donated won't be used for any dogs except Charlie and Bandit unless something unforeseen happens to them, then the money will used as general donations for the whole Baghdad Pups program and will help other troops animals. If you donate to SPCA Intl. directly the money won't go specifically to Charlie and Bandit but will be spread throughout the program.

When I get the Pay Pal account from SPAR, I will write up a post stating all the details and give links to SPAR and SPCA International's "Operation Baghdad Pup's". Keep in mind, it costs SPCA thousands of dollars to bring just one dog home and ask the servicemember only pay $1000. The rest comes out of regular donations. $2000 for 2 dogs seems like alot of money but I can get the help of the online community I think we can do it. SPAR is holding a fundraiser back home too. They're helping out alot.

Offline cwestra

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010 - 09:22:05 AM »
I am waiting for some people at Saving Pets At Risk to get back to me with Pay Pal account details. I am working through them because SPCA Operation Baghdad Pups doesn't take donations for specific dogs. They said to work through friends back home or a shelter to fundraise. They said it would be too much to take many donors money and divvy it up between different troops dogs.
This way I don't have to have people send money to my personal Pay Pal so people know, without a doubt, that this money is going to Operation Baghdad Pups. The money donated won't be used for any dogs except Charlie and Bandit unless something unforeseen happens to them, then the money will used as general donations for the whole Baghdad Pups program and will help other troops animals. If you donate to SPCA Intl. directly the money won't go specifically to Charlie and Bandit but will be spread throughout the program.

When I get the Pay Pal account from SPAR, I will write up a post stating all the details and give links to SPAR and SPCA International's "Operation Baghdad Pup's". Keep in mind, it costs SPCA thousands of dollars to bring just one dog home and ask the servicemember only pay $1000. The rest comes out of regular donations. $2000 for 2 dogs seems like alot of money but I can get the help of the online community I think we can do it. SPAR is holding a fundraiser back home too. They're helping out alot.
Just curious.  Why does it cost so much?
Corey - in Northern Indiana

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010 - 10:25:06 AM »

I was wondering that too. Might be that they have to pay for all sorts of admin stuff on either or both ends, and they probably need to put the dog up in a kennel for some time when it arrives to satisfy customs.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010 - 04:52:48 PM »

Because these dogs are in Iraq. The Operation Baghdad Pups site has a detailed description of expenses. Food, keneling crates, airfare, quarantine, medical, security contractors to go get the dogs and transport them to Baghdad.....

I'll get the link soon.

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010 - 05:01:35 PM »
           Airfare to get team member to the Middle East  $1,100 approximately per person
Ground transportation, hotel, meals, tips, VISA in Kuwait $300 for a 24 hour stay
    Airfare to get team member from Kuwait to Baghdad     $650
    Airfare to get team member from Baghdad to Kuwait     Free – Donated by Gryphon Airlines
         Security Company Cost to Pickup Animal in Iraq   $2,000 to $4,000 depending on location
         Airfare to get team member from Kuwait to U.S.   $1,400 approximately per person
                       Airline Charge to Transport Animal $500 for dogs and $250 for cats
The above listed expenses do not include administrative costs, such as staff time, phone calls, internet
usage, website maintenance, postage, office supplies, printing, gasoline, etc. These are all necessary
expenses in order for Operation Baghdad Pups to function.

http://www.spcai.org/baghdad-pups/requesting-help.html

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010 - 12:24:17 PM »
Is this moving along?

- Han Solo, Star Wars