EXUSE MY MANNERS

Author Topic: EXUSE MY MANNERS  (Read 1556 times)

Offline BKB1

EXUSE MY MANNERS
« on: November 04, 2004 - 02:24:15 PM »
I'D LIKE TO APOLOGIZE TO YOU GUYS,FOR NOT INTRODUCING MYSELF. I GOT SO EXITED WHEN I FIRST LOGGED ON TO THIS SITE ,I JUST STARTED ASKING QUESTIONS.WELL,I AM FROM A SMALL TOWN IN OHIO.
THE MOST EXITING THING ABOUT IS GETTING THIS CUDA.MY OLDER BROTHER TURNED ME ONTO IT.
       I TOOK ABOUT A 70 MILE TRIP JUST TO SEE IF IT WAS TRUE.IT WAS .HOWEVER WHAT A MESS THE GUY ACTUALLY USED THIS CUDA FOR A TRASH BIN. I TOOK 5 BAGS OF LOOSE TRASH OFF THE FLOORBOARDS ALONE.THE FLOORBOARDS WERE GONE.HE EVEN LEFT THE TRUNK UP SO IT WASN'T
          A HASSLE GET THE KEY OUT &OPENING TO THROW IN MORE TRASH.THE TRUNK YOU GUESSED IT
       GONE.1/4'S ALSO. BOTTOM OF DOORS & ROCKERS TOO.FRONT CLIP ALMOST PERFECT!
 THE WHOLE BACK OF THE CAR WAS COVERED WITH A BLUE TARP,EASY ACCES TO THROW TRASH IN.
                THE TRUNK LID ACTUALLY ROTTED OFF ITS FRAME .THE TRUNK ROTTED SO FAR THROUGH IT LAID ON TOP THE THE TANK SO LONG IT ATE ALL THE WAY THROUGH TO THE BOTTOM OF THE TANK.
          IT HAD SAT THERE FOR 20 YEARS LIKE THIS!HE TOLD ME TO MAKE A OFFER CUZ THE TOWN SAID IT HAD TO GO.I JOKINGLY SAID 100.00 HE SAID SOLD!!! SINCE THEN I"VE STRIPPED THE  FENDERS &HOOD AND PRIMED FIXED THE DOORS &ROCKERS REPLACED FLOOR ,TRUNK.NOW I'M EAGERLY WAITING  FOR TAX TIME TO FINISH HOW MUCH MORE $$$$ DO YOU GUYS THINK IT WILL TAKE TO FINISH .I HAVE TO GET 1/4s   TRUNK LID GAS TANK . I GOT A SET OF 73 RALLEYES GAVE TO ME SO THATS TAKING CARE OF RIMS I MEAN. ALSO ,I EITHER HAVE TO REPLACE THE SEATS OR RECOVER THEM.ANY IDEAS GUYS?             

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
Re: EXUSE MY MANNERS
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004 - 02:50:50 PM »
OK....BK, $100??!!  :o :o That has to be the cheapest I have ever heard a cuda selling for!  Good for you!  Would love to see a picture of this "dumpster".  Sounds like you got a great project ahead of you...you sure can't beat the price!  It will probably cost a bit to restore.  If I were you, I'd start learning how to weld as that would save you TONS of money.  What is the engine that's in it? 

Welcome to the board!! 

Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline BB73Challenger

• 2 cars - twice the wrenching... yay?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004 - 02:56:29 PM »
What part of Ohio ya from - I like to keep tabs on everyone

Sounds like you have quit a project on your hands!!

Is the car complete?
Is it just need body work?
Got pics?

lay it on us  ;D
Jeff from Cleveland, Ohio

Plum6Pak

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004 - 04:53:48 PM »
Wow!!! Now that's a steal for sure!! There are parts on the car that are worth much more than that if you threw the rest away! I don't care what it looks like, how rusted it is, how dirty, I love pictures of these as found! Got pics??  ;D

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004 - 05:32:42 PM »
Ok guy,
  If funds are short, just throw some seat covers on yours for now. The outside is most important because it costs the most. This is truely a sad story. Don't you want to just strangle that previous owner??? You haven't mentioned anything about the engine or drivetrain. I'll assume it doesn't run, but what engine does it have in it? Anyway, worry about the engine/drivetrain, and the outside, before you get into the interior. Yes, it might take you quite a while, but there are people on this site that have taken years to reach their goal. I'm not trying to discourage you, but quite the opposite. It is quite a feeling to accomplish such a feat :D Good luck, and ask away with any questions.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 71'cuda340

• Mopar OR slow car!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004 - 05:52:59 PM »
Welcome!  You've found the right place!  These guys can answer any questions and locate just about any part for you! ( Just from my experiences here.)    ;)

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004 - 06:05:25 PM »
Funny, you describe yours as a garbage pail & it sounds like a decent car, I paid quite a bit more for the 73 , it looked decent on the outside, but I worked on everything you mentioned, plus fender patches, home made cowl patches(both sides behind the front wheels) and a few on the roof, you got the deal of the century there, get some progress pics up, always like the before & after stuff myself, don't think about the money(it will be a lot) just do a little at a time, it don't hurt so much & don't add up the bills till your done, sticker shock is best taken when you have a beautiful car to look at! ;DRich.

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2004 - 07:19:45 PM »
Welcome to the board.  I have never heard of a Cuda selling for 100 bucks!  Thats awesome.  It will be worth all of the work when you are finished.  What year car is it?  Do you have a vin?  Best of luck and ask away with all of your questions!

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2004 - 07:52:09 PM »
Hey BK.....Welcome ;). Love those Cheap parts

I noticed you mentioned that you have '73

Love those round tailights
Go ahead and post the first digits  of the VIN  "minus the six digit sequence number of course" so
we can get a better idea of what you got

maybe the fender tag codes too

Pics? ;) ;)

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2004 - 08:15:18 PM »
Welcome BK. We'll all help any way we can but we needs pictures of the patient ;) ;D
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2004 - 09:37:52 PM »
Welcome!! Nice find. just STOP YELLING AT US ;D

BTW, we would really love to see some pics!
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2004 - 02:08:54 AM »
Welcome aboard and congrats on probably the deal of the century, even with a rather rusty 'Cuda. :o :o 8) 8) 8) 8)  I'd say it's hard to tell an accurate price without seeing a few photos of the car's current stage.  Do you happen to have any photos available? :P  We're big on pics here, if you haven't noticed already. ;) ::) :P ;D
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2004 - 02:21:32 AM »

Welcome BK.  ;)

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline BKB1

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2004 - 07:09:41 AM »
what do men yelling ?do you mean capital letters,if so sorry.well,it looks like a 318 , thats what the guy saidtoo
 and that he had the motor pulled and bored  when he was younger and just got the car himself. and i'd have to believe him ,when i pulled the valve covers off it was as clean as a whistle.and it started when i put gas in the carb.it was a stick at one time cuz i took out the clutch pedal now it auto on floor .and i forget to mention i
have to replace all the wire harnesses.i dont have a digital camera yet.and your right $$$ ain't main topic when consider how long i waited.
                            for the guy who asked ,sorry i forget who,i am from newcomerstown.
                     heres the fender tag                               i'll send vin later
                                                   m88 r11 v6x en2                       
                                        j54 l 25 l31 m21 m25 m31
                                ew1 u b41 c16  c56 g35
                                        ew1 a6x9 000 719 511466
                                  e44 d13 bs23 g3b 576228

lemonboy69

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2004 - 08:48:05 AM »
bs23 g3b 576228       

No need to send the VIN later... it's right there... the last part of the fender tag! ;) Welcome aboard!!

And you've definately got a 318 by the numbers in your VIN!! Enjoy the car and keep us updated!

LB