Author Topic: hammer dolly set  (Read 819 times)

sdbilyg

hammer dolly set
« on: September 18, 2010 - 09:14:10 PM »
I am looking for a hammer and dolly set would like some feedback on this set to see if it has what I need or see if somebody has a better set

hammer set

Offline MoparCar

Re: hammer dolly set
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010 - 10:55:55 PM »
I have this set from Dagger Tools. I bought it from the Autobodystore.com but you can buy direct or other dealers. I really like them. Very well balanced and a very fine polished finish on the dollys. These are not roughly produced like some cheap sets. The case is very sturdy also. I'm always grabbing for something out of the kit. It's amazing how little effort it takes to work metal when you have the right tools! Highly recommended.

http://www.daggertools.com/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=CP07K

Wes

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010 - 08:39:56 AM »
Harbor Freight carries almost the same set for 45 bucks or so. You might spend a few more bucks for the extra piece or two but nowhere near 350 bucks
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline buddydog

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010 - 12:39:00 PM »
For what it is worth,

I cannot think of a shop I have been in that didn't have a set like the one you asked about. Hickory handled and well balanced is the norm. I know the Harbor Freight set works just fine if you aren't in it for the long run. After all, how bad could a simple chunk of metal be? The dollies are soft, the hammer faces are not true and even though both can be cleaned up to a degree but you are probably better off buying a better set to begin with.

Geoff

sdbilyg

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010 - 07:45:14 PM »
thanks for the all the info now I have to decide what I need to buy