Author Topic: Ahhh teenagers! Remember those years?  (Read 2967 times)

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
Ahhh teenagers! Remember those years?
« on: September 30, 2010 - 04:20:48 PM »
My oldest son started high school this year. He is starting to get to that age were parents are like...ewwww! ;D I'm OK with it ...I remember those days too.
Yesterday I finished work early, it was a nice sunny day. So I took the Challenger out for a rip. Then noticing the time ,it was just about the end of the day for high school kids . So I decided to go pick him up ( the carnal sin ya know... :roflsmiley:) So I get there early and wait by his bus. Within 5 minutes there was a crowd mostly guys but some girls all looking at the car and drooling. Then I spot my son coming out . He  see's the crowd and tries to look all cool like climbing in! :smilielol: So I held it in first gear a little longer as we took off, to make the engine rev for effect....
 It made me giggle! If I would have picked him up with the Suburban or worse yet the work van , I would have "heard" about it all the way home, but not in the Challenger! :bigsmile: It was fun being a cool Dad...even if it was just for a few minutes! :biggrin:
Made me smile! Just another happy memory I'll always have about this car! :2thumbs:
Gotta love Mopars huh? :thumbsup:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
Re: Ahhh teenagers! Remember those years?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010 - 04:29:31 PM »
WTG Brad  :2thumbs:   nothing like being a cool dad  :bigshades:
*** Bart ***

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010 - 04:35:45 PM »
My Dad would pick me up after football practice is his '69 VW Beetle.    :bricks1:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010 - 04:38:18 PM »
My Dad would pick me up after football practice is his '69 VW Beetle.    :bricks1:

:picture:  :dunno:  :smilielol:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Challenger III

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010 - 07:00:33 PM »
 :thumbsup: That's great! He will never forget that day. My oldest daughter is 28, and still talks about the times when I picked her up from school on my Harley!
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0

Offline Cooter

• There goes the lone Challenger............
    • christinecarclub.com
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010 - 07:43:07 PM »
Cool Story..I remember doing the same thing for m son who's in high School now. He begged me to take him to school in the General Lee, so one day I did. He's now known as the "Dude with the GL"..Then, I decided to take him in Christine...Figures, NOBODY at the school knew what she was or even the kind of car.

Took him to school once as one of the seniors was given him sh*t about his '66 Plymouth and all that "Dude, your car is a POS" crap...SO, Once he showed up in a 650 HP car that idles around 2000 RPM's, that made his day. All he has to do is mention the word DART when that guy opens his mouth and it's instant silence...

It is cool being the cool dad. I only wished I had someone do that for me when I was his age...
1958 plymouth Belvedere 2dr hd top "Christine" [OO)====V====(OO]
1969 dodge Charger "General Lee"         [___|______I______|___]                        
1968 Dodge Dart 2dr sedan 505" Stroker    (O]=0==========0=[O)                
1970 Challenger R/T Clone "Kowalski Special"   (OO) [___________] (OO)

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010 - 07:45:48 PM »
That's way cool Brad. We all know how old MEK is, so a volkswagon back in those days wasn't so cool!! Like mom picking you up in the station wagon....been there!! :22yikes:I work with the youth in my church and most of them love the Challenger and Barracuda. A few years back we had just laid pavement on a HUGE new parking lot which I know must have covered 2 acres as the property was 25 acres. I decided that I could no longer resist the fresh pavement and went to the far back corner of the lot (there were no cars or people on the lot) and did a massive donut with the '68 Barracuda. As I am pulling out a truck rolls in and the driver flashes a badge at me. He was an off duty police officer and pointed to the still lingering billows of white smoke and comments that if I do that again I was going to have a court date. He then looks at the group of cheering teens and admonishes me for being a bad influence on the youth. I know, I know...but it was on private property hundreds of feet from anything. The youth still talk about it!!!

Matt B.
Matt

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010 - 10:36:43 PM »
Brad, that's just awesome. :cooldancing:
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline cj

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010 - 10:52:45 PM »
That's cool...my youngest daughter remembers cruising in the barracuda when she was about 4.  Said she and her friends felt so cool.  Now the guys she brings home are intimidated when they find out that's 'Mom's' car.
Cheryl
"Mopar or No Car"
1973 Challenger
1974 Barracuda
2006 Charger Daytona Torred

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010 - 11:13:14 PM »
Sounds like some really cool dads here  :thumbsup: I have a cousin who used to love picking his daughter up from school in an old like 1980 ford pinto that was rusted to the hilt and no rear shocks so the rear end of it would bounce around  :roflsmiley: He used to think it was funny cause it embarassed her so bad  :lol:
Dennis,Ohio

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010 - 06:52:10 AM »
 :2thumbs:  Brad, you the DAD...............  :bigsmile:  :dogpile:  :ylsuper:  :bananasmi  :clapping:  :woo:  :woohoo:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010 - 07:53:35 AM »
Only one problem your son will be asking for the keys soon to keep up HIS COOL image.   :burnout:
Over here in Australia we drive on the other side of the road and of course the steering wheel is on the opposite side to yours. I picked up my daughter a few years back from high school in the Dodge Coronet 440, bright red and chrome wheels still left hand drive so she gets in the front of what is normally our drivers side, the kids thought she was about to drive home, she was too young for a drivers license but became very cool.   :bigsmile:
Dave

Offline Supercuda

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010 - 08:44:13 AM »
I got to pick up my daugher from high school in my '67 Barracuda, and it was WAYYYYY cool for her. First time, she was having to tell some friends that the cool car they had seen on the road earlier that day was her dad's. It really drove the point home when theysaw her get into it and strap up a 5-point harness for the ride home. Best one was when I picked up her and a friend, and nailed it leaving the school. Tire smoke and noise for a half block, and cheering teenagers the whole way. Too much fun.

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2010 - 09:14:13 AM »
Anybody notice a theme starting here, our daughters are having just as big a blast as our sons do.   :burnout:
Dave

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010 - 09:25:32 AM »
That's just excellent, hope you get a chance to leave work more often on sunny days.

I've done the same with both my boys and got the same reaction. However, I had to stop the younger from from climbing over the door when the top was down.
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon