Author Topic: Roof patch  (Read 1841 times)

sleepychallenger

Roof patch
« on: October 09, 2010 - 04:19:22 PM »
Does anyone make patch panels for the roof? i have  a lot of spots that need to be replaced in the roof by the windshield. Just wondering if anyone makes patches or if i have to make my own.

Offline HP2

• Resident
Re: Roof patch
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010 - 08:44:46 PM »
I'v never seen patch panels, but I think AMD has come out with an entire roof skin. If you were closer, I'd offer to sell you a spare roof I have.

sleepychallenger

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010 - 10:05:01 AM »
i dont have enough bad roof to want to do the whole skin so i am trying to avoid that. When i get back from the desert i will be moving to Texas and Colorado will only be 10 hours away, but i would hate to take a good roof and cut it up if you or someone needed it. I have emailed a couple of wrecking yards to see what the price would be for a couple of sections of roof. Thanks for the inputs though

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010 - 09:41:59 PM »
I'm in Colorado and I am replacing my whole roof with a new skin. What do you need? Cuda or Challenger? My old roof is actually really good minus a couple of minor spots.

Wes

sleepychallenger

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010 - 02:35:57 PM »
i need right along the front of the roof, from the windshield channel about 4 inches back and a section above the passenger side door. Please PM me with prices. I wont be back in Colorado for a bit but my inlaws live there and will be driving down to texas to see me when i get back from deployment. Thank you so much! If you need pics to see where i am talking about let me know and i will come up with something.

Thanks again,

Drew

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010 - 02:17:50 PM »
Drew,
PM or email me some pics. How soon do you need the skin? I have to weld on my new skin and I'd like to keep it until I'm done for reference measurements, etc. It may not work for you since the passenger side is where mine had problems also. Send me pics and I'll compare the areas.

PS. Sorry I hadn't replied sooner. I forgot about this thread.
Wes

sleepychallenger

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010 - 02:26:01 PM »
No prob on the delay. I have another 3 months before i even get back to the states. I would love to have the parts when i get home but if your not done then that is ok. I will send you an email soon with a pic of the area that i need.

Offline E-Body Products

• E-Body Products
  • American Jobs Are Our Children's Future!
    • E-BODY PRODUCTS
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010 - 07:53:22 AM »
You could also weld in small pieces a couple inches at a time formed to fit.  This is the way some people have fixed the window channels.  Just my  :2cents:

sleepychallenger

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010 - 03:38:10 PM »
i have been doing that with other small patches that i have had to put in, but if i can find patches from other roofs i would prefer that. There are a couple of wrecking yards that i have contacted and they sent me pics of what they have. Part of the problem is buying parts while i am deployed and wondering if they are any good. If they get shipped to the house and then i get back 3 months later and the pieces are crud, i am kindda shafted.

sleepychallenger

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010 - 09:31:15 PM »
pictured are the 3 sections that i am looking for.

Offline E-Body Products

• E-Body Products
  • American Jobs Are Our Children's Future!
    • E-BODY PRODUCTS
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010 - 12:45:23 PM »
Just buy a new roof skin (I give 15% off on AMD) and cut the pieces you need from it.  I also carry a roof skins from Sherman that costs much less than the AMD piece if you are going to cut it up..  Might be a good option.

sleepychallenger

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010 - 04:07:22 PM »
No money or time for a new skin. I am limited on funds and when I get back from the desert i am moving so hauling a new roof skin is going to be kindda hard. patches are easier to move.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010 - 04:35:32 PM »
that`s a lot of patching to a roof.  Gonna be a challenge to keep straight. Take a LOT of time to do your welding and also the grinding.  I would definately use cooling paste on that one.
*** Bart ***

sleepychallenger

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010 - 06:10:04 PM »
i dont need all that, just trying to get a bit extra to be on the safe side. the pieces that i have to replace are maybe 2" X 4" but they are in the window channel  and bend areas. hope that makes sense.

Offline Challenger III

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010 - 08:59:07 PM »
 :lol: I'm guessing the pictures on this post are not of your roof!  :icon16:
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0