Author Topic: 2011 Calendar Image Poll  (Read 18797 times)

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
Re: 2011 Calendar Image Poll
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2010 - 08:06:12 PM »
Yes I was across the street and I have now tried to tilt the pic to square and it shows up as railroad tracks.........you know......slanted line kind of thing....so andway they still trimmed the tree.............guess I will have to find another spot.......
Dave or David

Offline bentpshrods

• Almost there, Boise Id.
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2010 - 08:37:40 PM »
    I am always looking for ways to improve my picture taking skills so I apprieciate you guys with a lot more knowlege than I pointing out the things that can make or break a pic. Lots of good advice here. I took over a hundred pictures to get a dozen or so that I really liked. Lots to learn still but thats part of the fun for me--getting out and trying new shots.

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2010 - 08:55:50 PM »
Davey...straightened up the shot, added a few leaves and got rid of the telephone pole shadows on the street, not the best job, just a quickie fix

...JMO...I would look for another location anyway...too many doors/windows in the building...angle the car and shoot the car closer...again, moving the car to the near side of the street would shrink the building and you would get more of the tree in the shot...gain JMO JMO...I wouldn't shoot a yelo car in front of a yelo tree...you want the car to stand out, not blend in with the background...JMO, find a plain brick building as a backdrop, no windows/doors, park the car at an angle about 10-15 feet in front of the building and go for it...look for an overcast day, not bright sun...keep grass/greenery out of the shot completely(or very minimal) with a yelo car...

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2010 - 09:13:29 PM »
or...and with some effort, I could eliminate the traces of the door on the far left

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2010 - 09:17:56 PM »
I took over a hundred pictures to get a dozen or so that I really liked

One of my favorite sayings: the difference between an OK photographer and a great photographer is that the great photographer only shots you his great shots  :bigsmile:

Bentpushrods, and everybody reading, would you guys have any desire for a critique forum?

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2010 - 09:21:38 PM »
here ya go...

ps...I also eliminated a seatbelt buckle from the interior...this could have been a little better, just spent a minute on it...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010 - 09:27:12 PM by DAYTONA »

• Resident
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2010 - 09:25:56 PM »
Looking better all the time.......I can see I got some practicing to do..........I will plan my opportunities better.......fall is on the way so I will be on the lookout for the right spot.........I like your pics..........of your cars........... :2thumbs:
Dave or David

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2010 - 09:32:24 PM »
Dave, there's a lake near Fayetteville, here (if this link works) with parking lots on either side, although the more easterly one is more friendly to musclecars. It's surrounded by trees which should turn some nice colors.

http://mapq.st/h/10-kF47MqcD

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2010 - 09:44:02 PM »
...Dave...looking for a spot to shoot a car can become a hobby...this was always one of my favorite finds...a few days later, the flowers were gone and the home owner has never planted them again...I shot the car in an alley, between light poles and trash cans...don't need much space if the space works...also, I'm not keen on Yelo cars with greenery, but this was so dark, it made the car pop out...a car with a black vinyl top wouldn't work here because the top would disappear

...alley pix
...shot it from the center of the street with telephoto to eliminate the building etc
...friend did the lake, had it blown up for a beautiful shot, all from an alley
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010 - 09:56:07 PM by DAYTONA »

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2010 - 09:50:25 PM »
shot another car there the next day...

...keep colors in mind background distractions and above all, lighting and shadows...notice in the first pix of the Yelo Prowler, there is a big shadow across the trunk...I had to wait a few hours and go back when the sun had moved a little further and the shadow was gone from the shot
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010 - 09:52:31 PM by DAYTONA »

• Resident
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2010 - 10:52:41 PM »
WOW..............the reflection is a very nice touch..........I got to do better in the future...............But......back to the calendar shots for the voting............
Dave or David

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2010 - 09:42:10 AM »
Are you going to post a page with the winners like it was in the past ?
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2010 - 09:56:11 AM »
To tell the truth, it completely slipped my mind. I'm heading out of town tonight for business, but when I get back I'll take care of it.

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2010 - 12:17:44 PM »
Thanks have a safe trip.
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline kmyles

« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2010 - 08:00:47 PM »
How about having runner up pics posted on the day of their birthday in the little square on their special day?

Just a suggestion.....
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010 - 09:53:43 PM by kmyles »
_________
Kevin

Mopar Lover....Cuda's....Challengers Rule!!!!
- 1951 Dodge - 2 door hardtop (Sold!!)
- 1971 Dodge Challenger
- 2012 Dodge Challenger Yellowjacket

Hard to believe what 20 years will do!!!!