2011 Calendar Image Poll

Author Topic: 2011 Calendar Image Poll  (Read 18800 times)

Offline DAYTONA

Re: 2011 Calendar Image Poll
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2010 - 05:00:51 PM »
JMO...

#4...I basically liked the shot, but somehow the angle of the car seemed awkward
#5...very nice shot, lighting could have been a little better, shadow in the rear instead of the front
#6...harsh lighting and shadow on the wrong side
#7...my car...too much green in the shot...I never take pix of a green car with grass in the background...I just took a bunch of pix when I purchased it and this was the best one, I'm not overly pleased with the pix
#8...my car...one of my all time favorite pix I have ever taken of a car

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2010 - 05:08:09 PM »
JMO...

#9...minor problem with shadow on wrong side of car...all in all, a very nice shot
#10...should have closed in on the car and eliminated so much pavement...make the car bigger in the shot...nice color selection
#11...nice shot, almost too much color...nice posing etc...well done
#12...nice car, wrong location...ya gotta get em out of the driveway
#13...I would have parked the car at more of an angle and closed in on the front of the car  making it larger...great colors and location
#14...lighting the wrong direction and a cluttered/busy background...beautiful car
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010 - 05:14:07 PM by DAYTONA »

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2010 - 05:08:47 PM »
I wish I had of took more then one pic of my car, it was a quick last minute drive and I shot 1 pic for the calendar, I had lots of time, should have shot a bunch more, lighting and background was good, but I just didn't spend the time to position the car. Not to mention I didn't shrink or crop the pic to make it look more centered which would have helped a lot more, the uncropped pic shrunk down made my car look tiny...which is my own fault.   :banghead:  This is a quickly cropped pic, which IMO looks better then the same pic I submitted, but still not the best shot.

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2010 - 05:11:00 PM »
I agree that #8 is my favorite composed shot, along with the Beck car #32.
If that isnt photoshopped, he put a LOT of effort into that one.
My favorite all around car, but not necessarily the picture, is Confederate cuda's #5.
Beautiful.
And about #17, whatta ya mean...I was bringing a palm tree home in my trunk that weekend :bigsmile:
Believe it or not, I was aware of the trees when I took that shot, but there were just too many palm trees there. I thought it was the best of about 20 shots I took that day.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010 - 05:32:23 PM by tommyg29 »
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2010 - 05:25:28 PM »
JMO...

#15...cool shot, too much glare and too many poles in the background
#16...other than being a little closer to the car, it is a nearly perfect magazine shot...well done
#17...I like this shot, but I would have tried to find a place with no trees sticking out of the roof...and same as my pix #7, less grass in the shot...takes away from/doesn't compliment your car
#18...a little shadow problem, but the shot still looks great...one of my favorites...well done
#19...beautiful car, terrible background
#20...also one of my favorites, well done

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2010 - 05:36:03 PM »
JMO...

#21...green car, too dark of a background...shadow on the wrong side...I would look for a plain background, choose a nice 45 degree angle and get the light on the nose of the car...
#22...great potential at that location...pull your car across the street, therefore shrinking the building...pick a good 45 degree angle, again making the car larger and the building smaller...nice color selection(can't go wrong with a pink T/A)...shoot the car low (just above eye level with the headlights) looking up...take a couple hundred shots, ya can't go wrong
#23...very nice shot,
#24...another of my favorites

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2010 - 05:41:58 PM »
JMO...

#21...green car, too dark of a background...shadow on the wrong side...I would look for a plain background, choose a nice 45 degree angle and get the light on the nose of the car...
#22...great potential at that location...pull your car across the street, therefore shrinking the building...pick a good 45 degree angle, again making the car larger and the building smaller...nice color selection(can't go wrong with a pink T/A)...shoot the car low (just above eye level with the headlights) looking up...take a couple hundred shots, ya can't go wrong
#23...very nice shot,
#24...another of my favorites

Great pointers Larry, wish I had of spent more time, I wanted to shoot my car in that location for the calender all year and at last minute I shot one pic, submitted it and wasted my shot...guess I have to find a better location for next year..lol.

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2010 - 05:47:53 PM »
JMO...

#25......nice car, all the magazines I ever worked with wanted the mudflaps removed...also the ball on the antennae...turn your wheels hard to the left
#26...nice car, nice pose, just the wrong location...find a spot without other cars etc in the background
#27...nice shot, I would try to avoid the wires/poles in the background
#28...nice car, poor lighting and poor location choice...take a few minutes and go for a really nice shot...that car will look outstanding with a little thought/work on the location

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2010 - 05:59:08 PM »
...sorry if I whizzed anyone off, I just love auto photography...I'm not picking on anyone, just trying to help...I've been involved in Foto Shoots for magazines for almost 25 years and have had a few published myself (which still doesn't make me an expert)...I know what they look for, how they pose cars etc and I am just trying to give an extra eye to help you make better shots in the future

...another key, I usually take 150-200 pix per Foto Shoot...luck of the draw, you are always gonna get a few good ones, LOL...my camera is one my wife won in a drawing...imagination, color selection, location selection, posing the car, background trees.wires/buildings/other cars/mail boxes etc... all those things are important

...again, sorry if my opinion pissed anyone off, just trying to help

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2010 - 06:15:46 PM »
I agree that #8 is my favorite composed shot, along with the Beck car #32.
If that isnt photoshopped, he put a LOT of effort into that one.
My favorite all around car, but not necessarily the picture, is Confederate cuda's #5.
Beautiful.
And about #17, whatta ya mean...I was bringing a palm tree home in my trunk that weekend :bigsmile:
Believe it or not, I was aware of the trees when I took that shot, but there were just too many palm trees there. I thought it was the best of about 20 shots I took that day.

...there are all kinds of rules, shoulds and shouldn'ts, but sometimes the best shot you can get isn't a perfect shot...ya gotta work with what you are dealt..I liked the shot in general...the perfect shot may not exist at that location, or you may already have the perfect shot at that location...ya can't always get what you want...I liked it and I voted for it

...did you take the tree home for a Christmas tree ?

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2010 - 06:30:09 PM »
Great pointers Larry, wish I had of spent more time, I wanted to shoot my car in that location for the calender all year and at last minute I shot one pic, submitted it and wasted my shot...guess I have to find a better location for next year..lol.

...I would watch that same location...how the shadows fall /morning/afternoon...different seasons the sun comes from different directions...you want a lot of distance between your car and the building, angle your car, pose the wheels, watch for pedestrians/other cars etc...pick up any trash at the curb/in the shot, front windows down, parking lights on if it is an overcast day...clouds in the sky are nice...all kinds of things to look for, thats what makes it fun...use pix #8 pose with your car in front of the building way in the background and I think you'll have a real winner

Offline sprecks

« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2010 - 07:45:36 PM »
Hey Daytona, Thanks for all of the insite. I personnaly appreciate it. My picture (#27) was a last minute thing I did in my driveway trying to get in under thedeadline. I had been out of town and had to hurry. I like the way you fixed the picture and am not at all offended. If Dave wants to use the your fixed up picture it is OK with me.
you can call me Jay
I've seen sicker dogs get well.

1971 Challenger Vert - 472 Hemi EFI
1969 Road Runner 440/Auto
2017 Ram Laramie 1500 - Hemi

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2010 - 08:04:23 PM »
Hey Daytona, Thanks for all of the insite. I personnaly appreciate it. My picture (#27) was a last minute thing I did in my driveway trying to get in under thedeadline. I had been out of town and had to hurry. I like the way you fixed the picture and am not at all offended. If Dave wants to use the your fixed up picture it is OK with me.

...for just backing it out into your driveway, you got a very very nice result...you can print this shot and have a very nice "powerline free" pix for your office wall

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2010 - 08:16:11 PM »
...painted over the yellow line and swept the leaves away for you

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2010 - 08:24:18 PM »
oops, forgot pix #30...might as well make everyone mad :bigsmile:

...biggest problem with this one was the flash reflecting off the stripes...I would love to see this shot with the car posed differently...putting the driver side front tire on the green grass, more of a frontal view, and possibly back up a little...then turn on the parking lights...