Winter storage??

Author Topic: Winter storage??  (Read 1623 times)

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
Re: Winter storage??
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2004 - 04:36:48 PM »

You know, in the winter, with the storage, and the not driving... what most people in Joisey do... ::)

If anyone wants, I have a walk-through on "Prepping your car for Winter Storage". It has one GM A-Body specific reference, on Jacking points, but otherwise is universal to all cars. Just send me a PM with your e-mail address, and I'll send you the file.

Im in Joisey and Don't Need no StinkiN Wint'ta Stoorage. Main.  bs
Drive Drive Drive. Unless there is snow on the ground! burnout 1st  burnout 2nd burnout 3rd  dogpile

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2004 - 10:22:09 PM »

No snow down here in Wellington I have to drive about 3 hours to reach some ground level snow which gets pretty bad and usually closes the roads down. So there will never be any winter storage for my Challenger, it was built to drive and thats exactly what she'll do.  8)  ;)

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2004 - 10:26:04 PM »
No snow down here in Wellington I have to drive about 3 hours to reach some ground level snow which gets pretty bad and usually closes the roads down. So there will never be any winter storage for my Challenger, it was built to drive and thats exactly what she'll do.  8)  ;)

So you get to drive it "year round"??  That would be COOOOL!  I wish I could do that! And . . . .  to be able to use the boat all year long would be spoiled!  Love the WATER!   :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*   grinyes  grinyes  grinyes

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2004 - 11:41:45 PM »

Yip ALLLLLLL Year.  ;D drool There of course are some bad storms that come up from the Pole but they pass witin days and you can usally go out and play after that. Boating/Fishing all year round too.  thumbs You have a boat? I remember you saying that. Photos?

worthless  laughing
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Plum6Pak

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2004 - 07:45:07 AM »
 dontknow What about carbs? I agree and understand all the things to keep the cylinders in good shape and all, turning the engine over once in a while but the carbs will be just sitting for several months, any ideas? My engine is still on the engine cart and has only been dyno'd several months ago. Should they come off and emptied or filled or? Don't want these new carbs going bad before I get the chance to even use them!  gripe  banghead  grinyes

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2004 - 08:23:00 AM »
I would reccomend draining the bowls on the carbs plum. Maybe hititng the carb with some carb clean too. Im sure you wont have a problem.  thumbs

Offline 1973challenger360

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2004 - 09:42:06 AM »
I have never heard this before but with tension on the springs and valves open there letting in atmosphere into the chambers would taking the rockers off help.  you couldnt run it in the off time. 
1965 barracuda. Was 273/2 904 car had 440 360 in plans
1996 Dodge 1500 ST 5.2 Np3500 4x2 club cab short bed

2008 Veracruz AWD Limited     I pay she drives

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2004 - 12:36:42 PM »
I have never heard this before but with tension on the springs and valves open there letting in atmosphere into the chambers would taking the rockers off help.  you couldnt run it in the off time. 

Thats where the fogging oil helps!!  Spray it right in the carb and into each cylinder for protection!