Author Topic: Alaskan_TA hey Barry  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Alaskan_TA hey Barry
« on: October 23, 2010 - 09:45:42 PM »
what about the 73/74 challenger in MCG that was in your neighborhood?  Seems Randy or Rob wood of contacted you before the article. Or you would of atleast tried to get the t/a hood off of the car.  says it is setting in your home town in the weeds :clueless:   seems they would know the year by the bumperettes. It has a 4 speed to

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
Re: Alaskan_TA hey Barry
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010 - 10:11:18 PM »
I thought the same thing!
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010 - 10:26:43 PM »
I let all my magazine subscriptions lapse long ago. I have a very low opinion of MCG & that started long before they lied about me.

That said, the car sounds like my old '73, if so I put the T/A hood on it myself, it was an aftermarket piece.

Black car? Taillights facing the sidewalk on Deermount St? I may have a photo of it somewhere........

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010 - 10:28:30 PM »
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/1973/challenger/73challenger015.jpg

That was taken in 2006, it was moved into his driveway shortly after.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010 - 11:11:01 PM »
I found my bill of sale. JH23H3B sold to JJT in 1998. He sold it when he went into the military not long after. The current owners name is Jereme, but he dropped the R & likes to be called Jeeme. Assuming nothing has changed anyway...

I bought a '71 Charger from him after that. He did a burnout with the car, it had no lube in the rear end. Only 8 3/4" I have ever seen explode.   :22yikes:

I popped a new center section in it then sold it, I think it is in one of the private salvage yard collections now.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010 - 10:03:23 AM »
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/1973/challenger/73challenger015.jpg

That was taken in 2006, it was moved into his driveway shortly after.

This pic reminds me of when I first had my car. I lived at the end of a one mile private road (i.e., no state maintenance). It was hilly, and full of ruts, and on the day I had a big date we got hit with six inches of snow. My Challenger became a snow plow that day  :grinyes:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010 - 07:27:48 PM »
I knew that you would know all about that car. The write up is kinda flakey, they mentioned some mopar yard sale lookers. I wonder if you know them.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010 - 09:06:15 PM »
Are there photos in the mag?

The cowl screens in the thing were so hideous that I filled them in. That should be obvious if they show it. I painted it too, I think it was a Suzuki color similar to Petty Blue. I have not seen the front of it for ages so I do not know if it still looks the same.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010 - 09:22:40 PM »
Hi Barry,
The photo was taken from the passenger side rear of the car. It has a vinyl roof and the T/A hood is blue in color. It kinda looks like a Petty Blue. The tail light panel appears to be the black-out color and the car looks to have been blue at one point. Pretty faded now. Looks like a '74 to me. The article is on page 25 of MCG "Cars in Yards" section.

Matt B.
Matt

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010 - 09:42:47 PM »
It was blue originally but had been sprayed in black primer, likely after the driver's side quarter panel was replaced. I bought it from my brother, I seem to recall that he bought it from someone in WA state & had it shipped up. I'll ask him about it when he gets back to town.