International MXT Anyone seen one in person?

Author Topic: International MXT Anyone seen one in person?  (Read 4564 times)

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
International MXT Anyone seen one in person?
« on: October 23, 2010 - 09:52:36 PM »
I'm looking for a new truck (or used) and I'm trying to find something neat and different.  I found these MXT's, but really do not know much about them (besides what I can find on the internet).  Anyone seen or driven one of these?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_XT

« Last Edit: October 23, 2010 - 09:57:25 PM by C O D Y »
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
Re: International MXT Anyone seen one in person?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010 - 01:40:48 AM »
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010 - 01:42:19 AM by Bullitt- »
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010 - 03:15:15 AM »
I have seen the CXT  , very HD truck , all the International I have driven have been very reliable & efficient fuel wize

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline BadJoey

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010 - 08:35:10 AM »
Seen the International at a thruway rest area one time . He was pulling out of a parking space and the steering radius SUCKED really bad . Poor guy went forward a few inches then had to back up, then forward and so on . Sharp looking truck I believe they cost big $$$$$$ . But I couldn't get past that steering of course that could be corrected on newer ones but beware . For the kind of money they cost I would want it to steer kind of a big thing .

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010 - 12:16:28 PM »
Is there anything special about a Sterling or is it a re badged Dodge?  I like the Dodge trucks, but wanted something a little different. 

Seen a Sterling/Dodge?

http://www.9truck.com/details.php?MID=25509
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010 - 12:31:51 PM »
I think they only made them for one year (2008) so I'll be sure to test drive it first.  It is a big truck so I would guess it's not going to turn very tight.  But it got to be better than this other one I was thinking about.... A Sportschassis

The thing I liked about the International MXT was it is small (compared to the other big custom trucks), has 4 doors, looks unlike anything else on the road and can still function as a truck.

Seen the International at a thruway rest area one time . He was pulling out of a parking space and the steering radius SUCKED really bad . Poor guy went forward a few inches then had to back up, then forward and so on . Sharp looking truck I believe they cost big $$$$$$ . But I couldn't get past that steering of course that could be corrected on newer ones but beware . For the kind of money they cost I would want it to steer kind of a big thing .

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010 - 06:27:40 PM »
Is there anything special about a Sterling or is it a re badged Dodge?  I like the Dodge trucks, but wanted something a little different. 

From what I've read they only make chassis cabs, to get a pickup someone has to add the bed.
  Dodge/Cummings drive train & you can see it's Dodge sheet metal
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline BadJoey

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010 - 08:07:47 PM »
I think they only made them for one year (2008) so I'll be sure to test drive it first.  It is a big truck so I would guess it's not going to turn very tight.  But it got to be better than this other one I was thinking about.... A Sportschassis

The thing I liked about the International MXT was it is small (compared to the other big custom trucks), has 4 doors, looks unlike anything else on the road and can still function as a truck.

Either there is more then 1 year or more then one model . Looking at the 2 you have pitchered I see many differences , hood, grill , headlights/ signal lights .Don't get me wrong I worked as a owner operator for FEDEX Ground for 17 years where I drove a International . I got over 750 thousand miles and 17 years on it before putting it down . The new motor 350 thousand miles and the rest on 2 rebuild motors . Never touched the trans or rear end except changing oil . Had a 7.3 diesel in it . Great truck . The steering could be fine if you want it for a working truck but I do not think it is a comuter truck . My 2 cents .

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010 - 05:36:24 PM »
Funny you ask about this.  I just saw one last week.  Those things are huge, look like Hummers on steroids.  I was asking people about them and they have no idea what they are.  I snapped a pic on my phone and I'll load it when I get a chance.  It was at a stop light and the Suburban in front of it was dwarfed to the size of like a Honda Civic....
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010 - 07:55:46 PM »
That would be great!  Please post them when you have time.

Thanks!

Funny you ask about this.  I just saw one last week.  Those things are huge, look like Hummers on steroids.  I was asking people about them and they have no idea what they are.  I snapped a pic on my phone and I'll load it when I get a chance.  It was at a stop light and the Suburban in front of it was dwarfed to the size of like a Honda Civic....

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010 - 09:02:09 AM »
I only go the one shot with my phone camera.  Not real good but compare it to the cars around it.  When I saw it rolling by, it just caught my eye because how massive it was.  I thought it was a military truck but it had too many shiny/chrome items on it. 
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010 - 09:05:45 AM »
I think that's a Suburban in front of it and a Nissan something or other to the left of it.  Keep in mind the camera angle from which the picture was taken.  Either way...it's big and probably will not get 40mpg inthe city...  unless it eats a couple Toyota Prius cars...  :roflsmiley:

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010 - 12:57:47 PM »
That's a great picture.  Thanks.

I'm having a hard time finding anyone who knows anything about these trucks.  Seems they were going to try and compete against the H1, but they came in right as the market went away.  They wanted to build 1,500 a year but after 300 they shut it down and move production over to military vehicles (that was what was selling at the time).

Offline burnt orange

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010 - 02:53:10 PM »
You won't see one of theses every day....made in North Vancouver, Canada for a few years in the 90's.  I've seen them in person and they are, to say the least, striking and unusual!

http://bo-bay.com/grizzly/grizzly.htm

Check the link, this one is for sale.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010 - 02:54:42 PM by burnt orange »
< ° ) ) >< 

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010 - 03:07:49 PM »
Very cool truck!  That would turn heads for sure.  I'm looking for a truck that has a few more creature comforts.

Thanks!

You won't see one of theses every day....made in North Vancouver, Canada for a few years in the 90's.  I've seen them in person and they are, to say the least, striking and unusual!

http://bo-bay.com/grizzly/grizzly.htm

Check the link, this one is for sale.