I need some help with the roof rail seal fitment on my 70 Challenger

Author Topic: I need some help with the roof rail seal fitment on my 70 Challenger  (Read 698 times)

Offline Oz-E-Body

• It's Alive!!
I’m wondering if someone could help me out with some info and maybe some pics of how the roof rail seal is supposed to go in correctly on my 70 Challenger. I have installed the stainless steel trim but I’m not sure how the new rubber seal is supposed to go. IE: when the windows are wound up, is the glass meant to close up to the outside and just press on the rubber seal or is the window glass meant to close into the little groove in the moulding when I shut the door (with the window up).
Thanks
Mike

Offline chaps70rt

• 70 Challenger R/T Hardtop in Progress (Canada)
Re: I need some help with the roof rail seal fitment on my 70 Challenger
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010 - 08:13:27 AM »
I haven't replaced mine yet, but will be monitoring for anyone that has done this.   I would like to know also.
White 1970 Challenger R/T
440 - 4BBL - Shaker
Daily Driver - 2014 Dodge RAM 1500
Stouffville, Ontario Canada

Offline peterro

• 70 Challenger in progress...
    • The Pistonhead
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010 - 11:09:37 PM »
I believe that it goes into the groove. I recently installed new seals on my 70 and it seemed to fit best that way. One thing I did learn was that I should start with the front of the window and work your way back. Also get the front attached in the right spot with the push in plugs but don't go too low. The rest is easy after that and there shouldn't be any trimming necessary as the excess will fit down into the back. Hope that helps.

Offline Oz-E-Body

• It's Alive!!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010 - 08:49:51 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have another go and see how it turns out.
Cheers  :cooldancing: