here at Sema, Dynacorn has a challenger body in their booth

Author Topic: here at Sema, Dynacorn has a challenger body in their booth  (Read 13465 times)

Offline Tubbed440

• Suspension NinJa
Re: here at Sema, Dynacorn has a challenger body in their booth
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010 - 12:35:54 PM »
I`m also wondering how many top condition hemi & 440-6 cars will suface in the time to come.....  :sly:

Yep, same here.   
74 Dodge Challenger
500 inch stroker, Full cage, ladder bars,
coil-overs, 4L80E, 325/50 M/T DR's....street car!
(work in progress)

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010 - 03:27:54 PM »
No more than surface now days through vin/body swaps. These don't have the stamped vins that are original, they will be registered as kit cars in the year they most closely resemble, and there are enough registries/watchdogs out there to dispute a sudden increase in primo units that show up.

While $15-17k seems like a steep number up front, you have to figure it will cost about that much to take a $2000 basket case to like condition, so why not start with a a good body to begin with.

Offline gkring

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010 - 03:17:17 AM »
I talked to the guy a little today. The car in their booth is a 318 car with some of their reproduction sheetmetal so it is not a 100 reproduction body. He did say they are on their way and they are also going to offer the 71 tail panel as well. On a related note goodmark was their offering ready to go Camaro bodies with vin and titles from donor cars. Very interesting.
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010 - 03:35:02 AM »
Interesting  :popcorn:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010 - 03:45:22 AM »
Still...not as good as OEM thicker guaged steel was when it was new.
Wavier, needing skin coats. Not like you can just shoot paint on it just like it is and not see imperfections. Taiwan steel will never match up to what U.S stampings once were.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010 - 07:23:43 AM »
I talked to the guy a little today. The car in their booth is a 318 car with some of their reproduction sheetmetal so it is not a 100 reproduction body. He did say they are on their way and they are also going to offer the 71 tail panel as well. On a related note goodmark was their offering ready to go Camaro bodies with vin and titles from donor cars. Very interesting.

Ah so they "DON'T" have a body yet then? :clueless:  I would think with prices falling through the floor , now wouldn't be a good time for them? This fact could sink a company or the idea?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010 - 07:26:38 AM by brads70 »
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010 - 07:45:08 AM »
Interesting, do we have the aftermarket to buy everything needed for a challenger build now?
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010 - 08:49:53 PM »
On a related note goodmark was their offering ready to go Camaro bodies with vin and titles from donor cars. Very interesting.

Very interesting indeed. Did you get any photos of the VINs / titles or of them being advertised that way?

Offline gtx6970

• A+M Hightech Automotive
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010 - 09:15:26 PM »
Interesting, do we have the aftermarket to buy everything needed for a challenger build now?

I seriously doubt it
Bill Allphin
A+M Hightech Automotive
What can we do for your car.

Offline Belgium Cuda

• Living in Belgium but beeing Swedish
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2010 - 03:24:25 PM »
that looks good from the picture  :clapping:   I`m looking forward to seeing someone build one of those with original parts... wonder how it will all fit.  I`m also wondering how many top condition hemi & 440-6 cars will suface in the time to come.....  :sly:

Maybe they have good controle in US like HP2 says but overhere it will surely be the fact with hemis and other nice stuff since those cars aren't that famous by the inspectors here and numbers can be fixed.

Per
1970 Challenger Convertible - to become a Hemi tribute
1968 Charger R/T 500 cui stroker

Offline ek3

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011 - 11:34:38 PM »
i know its old but i think its been coming for a while!! read my post on real fake cars!!!!

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011 - 12:04:27 AM »
i know its old but i think its been coming for a while!! read my post on real fake cars!!!!

you can take it either way!

The new repro bodies will dilute the value of the originals. (not my theory but what others say)

Or...

Help promote the Mopar resto parts even further with competitional prices.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2011 - 09:33:09 AM »
Repop Camaros and Mustangs have done nothing to dilute the original values, I don't see why Challengers would be any different.

Creating fakes is always a risk, even without complete bodies. Do your research, ask questions, and be diligent about checking out purchases.

Offline ek3

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011 - 10:54:51 PM »
i think it is good to have those shells ! they will make some nice  '' driver '' cars ... without claiming the real rare cars.. just keep some distinct  [remanufactuer] factory ids on the shell to tell it is a repop or a rebody of an orig!!   it is priced way to high for a small budget  build though!!  as for '' fakes '' this would be another area in which cars which have been wrecked and rusted beyond reasonable repairs [ basicly just the vin and part of the shell] could be rebuilt as  ''THE REAL DEAL''   with paperwork,fender tags , and some history of the real orig-cars ... even though it is only a vin and about 100 lbs of steel from the orig. car !!! i know good home work is going to pay off, but , there are some pretty slick dealers out there!!