Author Topic: Side Exit Exhaust On E-Body  (Read 6220 times)

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
Side Exit Exhaust On E-Body
« on: November 03, 2010 - 02:48:35 PM »
Looking for pics of ebodies with side exit exhaust in from of the rear wheels.  Going to go with Moparals advice and run it short. 

Looing for pics of the car and the exhaust system as seen from below.  I will be running a stright through muffler (cherry bomb style or dynomax buttet style) Pic does not have to be your car.  Thanks guys.

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

Re: Side Exit Exhaust On E-Body
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010 - 03:30:03 PM »
here are a few from mine
66 f-100 black  240 straight 6  3 on the tree.....currently blown up :(
70 challenger burnt orange 440 727 3:23-weekend cruizer

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010 - 03:32:21 PM »
Just saw the "as seen from below" comment

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010 - 05:58:24 PM »
Don ,
 If your gonna run it as just a race car that's one thing...But on a street car. I know AAR's and T/A have it, but it is louder and the fumes do come back in at stop lights etc.... I had it on my BB Buick for a year and took it off, couldn't stand it! On the T/A's and AAR's is also was  quite a small diameter pipe and a stock small block so it wasn't as loud also....
Just sayin..... :blah:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010 - 06:18:39 PM »
Cas is going to be a street strip car.  Thanks for posting the pics.  Id like to see how its run under your car too.  Dont jack it up to take the pics but if your under it please snap some for me.  Thanks.

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010 - 06:42:37 PM »
Don ,
 If your gonna run it as just a race car that's one thing...But on a street car. I know AAR's and T/A have it, but it is louder and the fumes do come back in at stop lights etc.... I had it on my BB Buick for a year and took it off, couldn't stand it! On the T/A's and AAR's is also was  quite a small diameter pipe and a stock small block so it wasn't as loud also....
Just sayin..... :blah:

I have a big block with the loudest flowmasters they make, and 2.5in exhaust. Its a loud with the windows when you get on it but other then that you dont hear the noise inside near as much as i thought i would (i was actually dissapointed) with the windows up at 70mph (3300 rpm) you dont hear it at all (that might be because i have a pretty loud sound systems)

Cas is going to be a street strip car.  Thanks for posting the pics.  Id like to see how its run under your car too.  Dont jack it up to take the pics but if your under it please snap some for me.  Thanks.

Don

The mufflers i use have the inlet and outlet on the same side. the exhaust is run like stock into the muffler, which is positioned right before the rear end (not after like the originals), and then goes forward and is then bent back again to get the angle right. I may have a pic from the rear where you can see the mufflers, but i dont have any of underneath the car.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010 - 06:52:02 PM »
Chatty little f'er aren't ya soldier :roflsmiley:   Hooker 2  1/8  tubes 3.5 collectors with 3 inch exhuast with cross over, then the mufflers and turn down tips at the rear axle........Thats my plans staff infected sarge :smilielol:

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010 - 08:54:29 AM »
Great thread Don....Ive been trying to find pics of this as well for my Cuda....I'm wanting the same thing but no round tips showing, I'd like to see the rectangular style...almost like the Mustang Saleen exhaust:

:woohoo:
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010 - 10:46:42 AM »
Have you thought about side pipes? It's a look I've always liked.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010 - 03:37:27 PM »
Hooker 2  1/8  tubes 3.5 collectors with 3 inch exhuast with cross over, then the mufflers and turn down tips at the rear axle.

I've had set ups like this before. They do tend to resonate inside some, but during burnouts the exhaust does a great job of pushing tire smoke away and back from  the car so you aren't breathing rubber dust while trying to stage a car full of smoke.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010 - 04:42:59 PM »
Yeah, the turn downs I actually cut at a 45 rather than a 90 degree, and turn them out on a slight angle out towards the outside of the car towards the tire. It keeps the resonation levels down a bit more