News Flash - Barracuda Revived???

Author Topic: News Flash - Barracuda Revived???  (Read 7758 times)

Offline 1ownr

Re: News Flash - Barracuda Revived???
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010 - 12:10:29 PM »
 :iagree:

71 all the way and if it were to be a drop top.... it would be the perfect Anniversary gift... :woohoo:

judy

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2010 - 01:38:40 PM »
Sheesh people? It could be worse? They could be bringing back the Omni, and K-cars?
 :puke: :smilielol:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline wunderless

• But existing is basically all I do!
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2010 - 01:42:08 PM »
Hey to each their own.  I'm fully aware it's all about money. Just like when they were slapping Super Bee and Daytona stickers on trucks... nothing more than a money grab.

I'd rather see innovation and a new exiting product with a future, rather than an updated carbon copy of a great classic car. 

I'll be over here in the corner...
But existing is basically all I do!

Offline inviolet

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2010 - 01:49:29 PM »
Hey to each their own.  I'm fully aware it's all about money. Just like when they were slapping Super Bee and Daytona stickers on trucks... nothing more than a money grab.

I'd rather see innovation and a new exiting product with a future, rather than an updated carbon copy of a great classic car. 

I'll be over here in the corner...

I agree, If they choose to remake the Barracuda/Cuda, it should have some heritage from the past BUT NOT A CARBON COPY.....Or a rebadging of the current Challenger.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2010 - 11:49:41 AM by inviolet »

Offline Road_Runner

• Mopar Owner & Standard Bearer Since 1974
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2010 - 08:08:09 PM »
I'm curious if this is a generational thing.  I was 10 years old when the 70 Cuda came out, when I think of Plymouth its these cars & Roadrunners, 340 Dusters that I think of and identify with.  For them to use the Cuda name on some futuristic view of what it could have grown into over time doesn't interest me nearly as much as much as a visually similar version with modern day performance, handling & comfort.  Although I really like the new Camaro, its the Challenger's closer to original interpretation that charges my batteries.   :2cents:

Later, Jim
1970 383 Roadrunner Tor Red
1973 318 Barracuda Mist Green
2014 Mustang GT/CS Convertible All Black

Offline burnt orange

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2010 - 08:22:25 PM »
I'd like to see the Challenger  evolve each year, not just change the stripes and present a new colour and call it "new".  Lets see a change to the grill and taillights at least, as in the 70's.  Heck, they could even start changing sheet metal and slowly modernize the look year by year.

A new Cuda could fit into that scheme as well.  Use the same platform and modernize the look, along the lines of the Charger concept that got us all excited a couple of years ago - before the new one actually hit the showrooms. 
4-door   :puke:

They HAVE to build it  (in Burnt Orange of course!)
< ° ) ) >< 

Offline Challenger III

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2010 - 11:27:34 PM »
I dont know about you folks, but I think the Mr. Norms 'Cuda conversions are downright sharp!!! The E - Body Barracuda and Challenger were basically the same platform.... I think they can pull it off!  :2cents:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010 - 11:32:51 PM by Challenger III »
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2010 - 11:30:45 PM »
Personally I don't think the market can truly support a new cuda, especially considering the most likely if it were to return it would simply be a rebadged Challenger, which the aftermarket has already hit big time. The other option is a totally new car on a new platform, which would probably result in a car priced between the SRT-8 Challenger and the Viper, which of course will extremely limit the already small market.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline Road_Runner

• Mopar Owner & Standard Bearer Since 1974
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2010 - 07:45:55 AM »
The other option is a totally new car on a new platform, which would probably result in a car priced between the SRT-8 Challenger and the Viper, which of course will extremely limit the already small market.

Totally agree, unless they want some super low numbers 'limited edition' they need to keep the price no higher than the SRT8 which is already higher than similarly performing Camaro SS & Mustangs.  I'll pay a slight premium to get the car I want, but if the difference starts pushing $10k or more, I'd have to either start looking at the alternatives or just pull the plug on a new car, period.  Chevy started with a blank sheet with the Camaro and you can get a reasonably optioned SS for well less than $40k.  That same level of performance & trim in an SRT8 built on a less than optimal LX platform is $45k plus.  That's the maximum premium this consumer could bear.  :2cents:

Later, Jim
1970 383 Roadrunner Tor Red
1973 318 Barracuda Mist Green
2014 Mustang GT/CS Convertible All Black

Offline hotrod98

• Maniac Musclecars
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2010 - 08:06:17 PM »
Dodge stated that they would only build the Challenger for five years and no longer. That means that they will no longer build them after 2012.  They say that sales are down yet the dealers still aren't giving discounts and other than Accessory dollars, there have been no rebates. Something doesn't add up. Maybe the new Cuda will actually be the replacement for the Challenger.
1971 Cuda, Tor-red, Bench seat
1971 Cuda Drag Car
1973 Cuda Clone, EFI/OD Limelight
1970 Superbird (Yes, it's real) Black Ice
1971 Barracuda Sassy Grass Green (sold)
1970 Challenger RT SE 383 Plum Crazy
1969 Road Runner Hardtop
1968 Road Runner Coupe (sold)

www.maniacmusclecars.com

Offline scatpack_69

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2010 - 01:01:14 AM »
The new challenger already looks more like a cuda than a challenger.

How so?? :dunno:

The new Challenger potentially has a very limited production run. Where do you go from here, as it is now? A redesign? Meh...I don't know about that. And if it's an absolute abortion like the new Camaros trying to harken back, skip it.

On the Cuda...there's no Plymouth, so why? Mopar Cuda? Nope. Dodge Cuda? Nope. Chrysler Cuda? Best of the three, but...really?
07 Ram 3500-Built 5.9 Cummins-Billet HTS trans-Smarty TNT/R
70 Challenger 318/auto
68 Roadrunner 440/auto
68 Satellite 318/auto

Offline hotrod98

• Maniac Musclecars
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2010 - 06:41:55 PM »
The new Challenger has a header panel like a Barracuda. Change the grille, quarters and taillights and the car will closer resemble an e-body Cuda than an e-body Challenger.
The header panel was the first thing I noticed when they first released the concept pics.
1971 Cuda, Tor-red, Bench seat
1971 Cuda Drag Car
1973 Cuda Clone, EFI/OD Limelight
1970 Superbird (Yes, it's real) Black Ice
1971 Barracuda Sassy Grass Green (sold)
1970 Challenger RT SE 383 Plum Crazy
1969 Road Runner Hardtop
1968 Road Runner Coupe (sold)

www.maniacmusclecars.com

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2010 - 05:18:47 PM »
I think they should build a hi tec cuda complete with 425 hp. electric motor  :burnout:
*** Bart ***

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2010 - 11:04:26 PM »
Trouble with electric motors they develop max torque at just above zero revs, you wouldn't be able to slam the throttle down, shredding the tires would be common.   :burnout:
Dave

Offline Sleepychallenger

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2010 - 12:39:10 AM »
i hope they make it...and my biggest hope is that they get the body lines right. I know everyone saw the cuda conversion for the new chally, but the side body line is not right.

and as for the ding dong on the usa today site that said cuda and chally were the same with different name plates, thats like saying the charger and the chrysler 300 are the same car with different name plates, similar layouts, but very different styling.  :swear: