Author Topic: Please take this poll---> New Cuda  (Read 6239 times)

Offline DMZ73

• http://www.pbase.com/dmz73/
Please take this poll---> New Cuda
« on: November 05, 2010 - 11:11:29 PM »
One E body saved, 7 years and counting.

Offline inot2old

Re: Please take this poll---> New Cuda
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010 - 03:28:10 PM »
If they do I hope it is more the size of the Mustang then the Challenger.
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010 - 03:35:18 PM »
If they do build it I'm 99.9% sure it would be built on the same platform as the Challenger to keep development costs down. That would rule out a Mustang sized car!
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010 - 03:37:01 PM »
Change it all you want, the mustang and camaro still have it beat on every aspect but style. Wish mopar would "get in the game"  :sadwavey:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010 - 03:41:57 PM »
What would be really cool is if the 1970 was just beafed up with some changes and reproduced.   :2cents:
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010 - 03:53:11 PM »
Change it all you want, the mustang and camaro still have it beat on every aspect but style. Wish mopar would "get in the game"  :sadwavey:
I agree somewhat, it's too heavy. and bulky looking. It needs a trip to Jenny Craig! :grinyes: and get the price down more.
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010 - 04:12:42 PM »
 The new Challenger is a slab sided whale. If they do a Cuda & want to sell a lot of them, they need to get the size down.

Offline TorOrange

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010 - 04:20:44 PM »
What would be really cool is if the 1970 was just beafed up with some changes and reproduced.   :2cents:

That's exactly what I rather not see  :smilielol: There should be one 70/71 not a lookalike then it wouldn't be as fun to own a cuda since there would be a very similar new one. Unless of course they use the challenger platform and make it fatter like how they have with the new challengers then wouldn't mind much  :2cents:
WANTED 71 cuda / barracuda project. Prefer Black but open.

Offline aris_unlimited

• Project in full swing
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010 - 05:34:29 PM »
According to the pole so far everyone would like to see a new cuda.........so long as it's not just a rebadged challenger lol. I don't count the votes that say no......tree hugging hippies don't get an opinion lol.
Cuda is gone :(

74 satellite, daily driver/project now

Offline EB3-GranCoupe

• BP23 U0B
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010 - 06:18:59 PM »
Make it compete with this car:

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2010/07/09/486375.html

but just make it look a helluva lot better, and with no de-tuned option.  A barracuda is a mean little fish, the new 'cuda needs to be a mean little car!!

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010 - 07:16:40 PM »
At the very least, the 'Cuda has to have a straight middle body line, and a different hood.  :2cents:
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline MizzouRT

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010 - 08:34:51 PM »
The name and styling on the modern Challenger say pony car but the platform mean it is really like the old school intermediates, such as the Charger, Road Runner, GTO, Chevelle, 442 and Torino.  Yes, the extra size and weight are a clear drag on performance and the new 5.0 Mustang has the best performance bang for the buck.  But the Challenger easily has the best interior and is the most comfortable.  The Camaro provides poor visibility in all directions, cheap seats and an uncomfortable steering wheel.  After further review, the Camaro has fallen to last place in most comparison tests with the 5.0 as the clear favorite.

I agree the old school cars are slimmer, sleeker and better looking.  At the same time, I am impressed with how good / true the modern Challenger is to the old school, given the limitations of the LX platform and meeting modern bumper and safety standards.

Somebody ran this R/T into a parked semi and walked away with no injuries.  Tons of damage to the car, but when you look inside the passenger compartment is basically intact, although the force was great enough to eject the radio from the dash.  See pix...
Daily Driver: 2013 Challenger SRT 6 speed
Toy: 1970 Challenger

Offline bandt

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010 - 09:19:55 PM »
Agree with others, needs to to go on a diet, get some more HP, and be more competitively priced. This is sad to watch but

Offline Road_Runner

• Mopar Owner & Standard Bearer Since 1974
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010 - 03:24:06 PM »
Maybe because I'm your typical ex-football player big guy size-wise, but I'm not as excited about Chrysler shrinking the Challenger or Cuda sister car to the size of a Mustang.  Reduce weight where it can be done intelligently?  Absolutely.  Make it a tight fit for us XXL guys, not so much.  You know, Cudas & Challengers were a little bigger than their contemporaries back in 70-74, why do they necessarily have to be the same size today?  I like big, they just need to lose the family car underpinnings and sport more of a modern racecar oriented suspension like the Camaro. 

Also, I'd be happy to see a Cuda trim package based on the 6.4 SRT8 Challenger.  Think Norm's Cuda like the article shows.  That is something that would get me to the Chrysler/Mopar/Dodge/SRT, whatever showroom floor for sure!  Just don't make it some low numbers limited edition that would keep average Joe Mopar fan from being able to get one.  We don't need another Viper (but do bring it back!).

Later, Jim
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010 - 07:51:55 PM by Road_Runner »
1970 383 Roadrunner Tor Red
1973 318 Barracuda Mist Green
2014 Mustang GT/CS Convertible All Black

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010 - 03:36:23 PM »
If the Cuda gets remade there's one more thing it needs changed if copied from the Challenger. Don't have the same elephant ear sized side view mirrors.
Mike, Fremont, CA.