Author Topic: Put yours to bed yet?  (Read 5248 times)

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
Put yours to bed yet?
« on: November 07, 2010 - 11:14:16 AM »
Well its about that time to put the girls to bed for the winter. Been lucky here so far this fall, only a few COLD days so far. Should be about 50 or so here this afternoon and I'll be outa here next weekend so today's the day. I'll probly do the BIG GIRL first as she's in a different garage. Then get NIKKI tucked in and drag the snow blower out. See you in spring  :sadwavey:   
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline B5barracuda

Re: Put yours to bed yet?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010 - 11:17:43 AM »
i usually put the cars to bed for the winter after thanksgiving,we have had some pretty decent TG days around here and i usually take it out for a ride in the am,a lot less traffic to deal with.
2010 CHALLENGER S/E DEEP WATER BLUE
1970 CORONET 440 FOUR SPEED 30K ORIG MILES
1969 SUPERBEE 383 AUTO 99 PAINT CODE
1996 INDY RAM PACE TRUCK

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010 - 11:19:16 AM »
Not quite yet . . . suppose to be 60* here in Michigan on Monday and Tuesday.  Trying to get all my work done so I can have some time with the convertible.  Then the end of this coming week I will do the deed and prepare the car for the winter hibernation.   :walkaway:

Offline 72bluNblu

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010 - 11:55:59 AM »
Nope! In fact, its getting to be the time of year when I ride my motorcycle less and drive the Challenger more.  :burnout:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010 - 12:48:17 PM »
usually by mid sept it is parked , been a nicer fall this year but because we never got summer the car was never plated this year at all due  to poor weather

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Belgium Cuda

• Living in Belgium but beeing Swedish
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010 - 01:05:46 PM »
Took the Charger to wintersleep already a month ago, only did 154 miles the first
summer because of the tranny and brakeproblems. :(

Per
1970 Challenger Convertible - to become a Hemi tribute
1968 Charger R/T 500 cui stroker

Offline Tonefiend

• ▬▬▬▬ ♫ ♠ ♫ ▬▬▬▬
  • '70 Challenger
    • Ian A. Guitars
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010 - 02:38:43 PM »
Nope! In fact, its getting to be the time of year when I ride my motorcycle less and drive the Challenger more.  :burnout:

Me too. I am glad car weather is finally here.   I actually fired up the Challenger for the first time since August.  I took it out for a spin and worked on it a bit.  I finally installed my ralley hood.  It's the first weekend I have not ridden the MC since about April. 

Offline Cuda Commando

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010 - 03:06:39 PM »
Made the most of a fine sunny day today and took the Cuda out for a run.First time out for a month,what with all the rain we have had lately.We get more than our fair share of the wet stuff here in Lancashire,uk.

Offline bentpshrods

• Almost there, Boise Id.
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010 - 03:27:01 PM »
  Here in Idaho we have had unusually warm fall weather. Yesterday it was 70* so I got one last run in with the car. Got up this morning and went elk hunting it was 58* in town but a cold front was coming in fast.  It was raining most of the morning and the weatherman was saying a possibility of snow down low by Tuesday---go figure      :clueless:    So it looks like the car will be put away for the winter.    :crying:

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010 - 03:39:32 PM »
Even though my car isn't running, it's in cozy car covers. 2 plastic tarps over it then 3 car covers over that.

It's raining here today but shes staying dry as a bug under a rug.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010 - 04:44:53 PM »
Still drive my toys when i can  :icon16: The weather has been unreal for this time of year here
Dennis,Ohio

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010 - 05:30:15 PM »
I noticed salt on one road today, so that ends my season I guess! It's still pretty warm around here though? Above freezing anyhow?
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010 - 05:50:37 PM »
My 2009 Challenger has to eat whatever nature throws at it. It's my daily driver.

My 70 gets out often in the winter as long as there isn't several inches of salt on the road. So, basically I drive it year round.    :burnout:

A pic from last winter...    :eek7:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010 - 05:52:33 PM »
My Cuda went to bed 3 weeks ago.   :crying:

-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010 - 06:46:53 PM »
My convertible is in hibernation as of last weekend.  I had a little misadventure in the process, while changing the oil and filter, the seal on the filter failed when I started it up, dumping 3 quarts or so of oil on my driveway!!
No damage done other than a mess, but since the seal failed on a Wix filter I don't think I'll be too eager to buy those any more!! :swear:
I just dumped a couple gallons of 100LL gas in the tank to top it off, its covered up, and now all I can do is wait for spring.
My new V code is signed up to appear in the 2nd annual Musclecar and Corvette Nationals in Rosemont IL on the 20th and 21st of this month. A national show with 500 cars from around the country, I hope anyone nearby will make a trip to the show, it's a very impressive show and you'll be glad you went.  I am worried though, I have no trailer, so if the weather is bad either Friday when I drive the car there, or Sunday evening when I drive it home, that will be bad!!
Mark at Blue Star was nice enough to volunteer to help me get the car home Sunday with their trailer if the weather is bad, since I live 8 miles from the convention center.  :2thumbs: I am still apprehensive though, time will tell!
Thanksgiving weekend I'll get it packed away for winter, I still need to buy a car cover for it.