Looks Like JimmyCuda's Car is back up for sale on Egag!

Author Topic: Looks Like JimmyCuda's Car is back up for sale on Egag!  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Jimmycuda

• I'm a llama!
Re: Looks Like JimmyCuda's Car is back up for sale on Egag!
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2004 - 10:40:10 AM »
FYI:

1  I bought the car with intentions of restoring it, bit off a little more than I could chew, decided to re-sell it, at a loss.
  2  The gentleman who purchased the car had the same intentions, but plans and situations change.
  3  I know the guy and he's not trying to "flip" the car,and everything in his auction ad is 100% truth, I know, I owned the car. Also the reason for him selling it is truth.
  4  The car was at a GOOD home when it was with me, its at a GOOD home now, and hopefully, it will go to a GOOD home in the future.  It is a good car totally worthy of a resto.
  5  This car is definately worth it, it has alot of options, and other rare stuff for a plain Challenger.  I could not get a T/A, or an R/T for that matter, so this car is definately worth it, considering what some of the junk that has been out there for sale.  As we all know e-bodies keep going up, especially the '70-'71's 
  6  If I remember right, i saw a post about a 2 million dollar Cuda, which I thought was absurd, but some people were posting the likes of "  Hey, if someone wants to pay that much for it, more power to him".  Well if you feel somethings worth it, you'll pay for it, and if the seller makes a profit, than good for him too!  A little thing called Capitalism, whats wrong with that??
                            Just setting the record straight.....

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2004 - 11:50:29 AM »
Thanks for clearing that up for us, JimmyCuda.  Here we guessed what the majority of eBay sellers normally do with decent sales, so it's good to know he really isn't out to make such a profit off your lower selling price. :thumbs:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2004 - 06:59:39 PM »
Good to hear. Yes things do happen, but like street said, the majority of people flip it for profit.
that car needs to go to a good home for someone to do her right. :thumbs:

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2004 - 09:28:13 PM »
 :thumbs:
I've traded e-mails with this seller...he's a good guy. I'm trying to work something out now....if i did not buy this 71 R/T this Challenger would be mine.  :madvibe:

We'll see how this plays out....I'm working on it!

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2004 - 09:35:19 PM »
Best of luck to you Hemi71!!!!!!!!!!! :grinyes: :wave: :thumbs:
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Offline Jimmycuda

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2004 - 09:50:44 PM »
  Yeah, just wanted to let all of you know the story thats all...but I will say, that car is definately worth it, besides the options,,, the frame and the floor pans are absolutely intact!!  So this car is worthy of getting work done on it, she's definately worth it,,, I just didnt have the time or really the money right now, although that was in the back of my mind when I bought it, but I couldn't resist buying it!  To whomever gets it, you will not be dissappointed, and I hope the car gets a deserved makeover!!  And it is a cool car , despite it not being an R/T!!  For plain Janes, this one's not bad at all!

Offline moparbowhunter

• MOPARS RULE AND ALL OTHERS DROOOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2004 - 04:54:54 PM »
Isn't it funny how some people can buy something at a reasonable price and try to sell it right away to make a profit?  It's a shame he didn't keep it for himself to restore cause it'd be an awesome car when it's all fixed up. grinyes
well we dont know anywone that would do somthing like this do we Burpin?  lol  J/K
70 Barracuda

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2004 - 08:22:49 PM »
Auction just ended on e-Bay...7,000 reserve not met.

Let the games begin!  LOL

Now I'm going to set up a look at it this upcoming weekend....see if we can come up with a deal involving my 71 R/T.

Thats an intresting car...I love those wide hood/fender mouldings....and a shaker conversion with argent bubble and dual exhaust valance would look good with the B-5/white/blue int combo. Got a nice set of 15 inch rallyes for her too.

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2004 - 07:46:41 PM »
I'd like to have it but,he seems to be putting alot of focus on all the options,which are nice,but to me i could put those in any challenger.If it aint numbers matching,does it really matter?
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2004 - 08:36:48 PM »
A lot of the options will be called out on the fender tag....but some only can be documented thru the broadcast sheet....even a non #'s car,, if you can document the options makes it more valueable. Lets face it, as a non-numbers 71 Challenger, (NOT an R/T), it's not an investment type car. But I'm not looking at it that way....I see it as a nice well optioned car that I can add what i want ( shaker, dual exhaust with chrome tips, etc) and if all the options are intact on the car, thats a lot of $$ today to go buy that stuff. I happen to love those wide fender/hood mouldings on the 71's...never owned one either, so thats it's appeal to me. If the cars solid, and i can get it at a reasonable price, I'll give it a shot. And the color combo appeals to me also...blue/white top with blue interior. Besides all that...I'd then have a pair of 71 E-bodies!

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2004 - 08:58:49 PM »
Keep us updated 71Hemi!!!  And as before, good luck with it! :thumbs:  You'd definitely be the person the car deserves. ;)

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2004 - 09:00:44 AM »
 :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
 :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
 I wanna go for a ride!! LoL ,One of my favortite cars you got there!  :driving:

Plum6Pak

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2004 - 09:34:09 AM »
Hope it works out Hemi71, that sounds like a very nice Chally to do what you want with it!!  :thumbs: 
It looks like there are two major sides to this hobby, the correct class and the anything goes class. Whatever turns your crank is how it should be and usually is. I am not in this hobby for an investment, I am in it because of my passion for these awesome classic Mopar Musclecars! I believe both sides have the same passion, just different things turn them on. When I see someones hot looking e-body, I don't ask them why it doesn't have the correct radiator hose or that it has the wrong color in the tail panel. Sometimes it seems to get a little too nit picky for my taste. For any of you that have one of these awesome numbers and correct down to the lug nuts beauties, (and I can think of a few right of the bat) your rides are beautiful,    :drool:    :drool:  over them every time I see them!!!

Here's my version of correct!  :worship:

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2004 - 02:43:57 PM »
 :iagree:

74 Chall....next car-b-Q I'll bring it over and we can take a spin.

The way i look at it is like this:  It's your car, so whatever you do with it is up to you. as long as the owner is happy with his/her car, thats all thats important.  If you don't happen to like what someone did, keep your opinion to yourself. Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one but the only one that counts is your own!

I can appreciate any type of Mopars...bone stock survivors and inspection mark correct restos, lightly modified cars to Pro-street...they're all good!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2004 - 03:07:15 PM »
:iagree:

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one . . but the only one that counts is your own!

:iagree:   And mine is a one way street!    :grinyes:  :grinno:  :grinyes:  :grinno: