A Wonderous Homecoming!!

Author Topic: A Wonderous Homecoming!!  (Read 2793 times)

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
Re: A Wonderous Homecoming!!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2004 - 02:06:14 PM »
It's like a spart plug, 4c. ::) grinyes

Sheesh! That is one clean looking car, LB. Can't wait to see it at Carlisle!

Offline budrinker

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2004 - 02:20:51 PM »
that blue is breath taking

that battery looks a little puny hope you aint plannig on running any amps

lemonboy69

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2004 - 02:31:15 PM »

Actually... I am.. LOL.... That's the old one that I had sitting around from when she was running in her past life... I know I'll need to invest in a bigger and better one... (In my best Tim Allen impression) "ooooOOOOO!!!" laughing laughing laughing tongue

LB

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2004 - 03:06:45 PM »
LB, you and NZ are having the most fun goin as far as resto work goes.Are you a lone soldgier working on it, or do you have assistance?
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2004 - 07:31:08 PM »
Mike, I wondered what happened to you last night. dontknow lol  I understand you were excited to get back to work on it. thumbs  Looks like things have gone well for you so far....Congrats on the completion of installing those parts already! thumbs grinyes tongue (smilely overloaded and lovin' it!) guitar
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2004 - 08:37:58 PM »
You must have an ear to ear smile.  She looks great!  If you keep working on her every night the way you did last night she will be done in no time at all.  Keep up the good work and don't miss any pics!!!!!!  You sure have got me in the mood to go and do some stuff to my baby.    thumbs

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2004 - 09:34:20 PM »
Looking good!

I wanna see some pics when that buzzin half dozen gets put back in there. driving
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2004 - 06:57:30 PM »
 :worship:  :cool: JUST SICK COOL DUDE  ;) How do you like that jive coming from an old fart,lol. :beer:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

lemonboy69

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2004 - 10:02:36 PM »
Are you a lone soldgier working on it, or do you have assistance?

Nope... no lone soldier here... a couple of buddies are helping me, but I've put scrict rules on how fast they move in the garage and what they carry and wear around the car... gotta protect that paint ya know!!

Mark... that's what happened to me alright... got the rear speakers secured in now, popped out the left handed rear wheel studs and bought some new ones at NAPA, but tomorrow I have to go exchange them for the right ones (stupid counter people)... :banghead: :banghead: Then I'll be cleaning up the chrome headlight moulding (encircles the actual headlight) and hopefully sandblasting the headlight buckets and painting them gloss black and mounting them in... so much to do still and I don't even know where to continue too!!! :driving: :driving: :driving: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

LB

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2004 - 10:22:32 PM »

Mark... that's what happened to me alright... got the rear speakers secured in now, popped out the left handed rear wheel studs and bought some new ones at NAPA, but tomorrow I have to go exchange them for the right ones (stupid counter people)... :banghead: :banghead: Then I'll be cleaning up the chrome headlight moulding (encircles the actual headlight) and hopefully sandblasting the headlight buckets and painting them gloss black and mounting them in... so much to do still and I don't even know where to continue too!!! :driving: :driving: :driving: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

LB

I figured that.  About those counter people; not all of them are bad. :thumbs:  Well, you could've considered me bad by a Ricer's standpoint.  I used to laugh when they would come in looking for neon lights and body kits at a performance parts store. :dupe: :boxer: :spank:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

lemonboy69

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2004 - 10:50:05 PM »
I figured that.  About those counter people; not all of them are bad. :thumbs:  Well, you could've considered me bad by a Ricer's standpoint.  I used to laugh when they would come in looking for neon lights and body kits at a performance parts store. :dupe: :boxer: :spank:

ROFL!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

LB

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2004 - 11:22:07 PM »

Then I'll be cleaning up the chrome headlight moulding (encircles the actual headlight)
LB

They're probably stainless like ours are.  They clean up real nice.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline moparbowhunter

• MOPARS RULE AND ALL OTHERS DROOOL!!!
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2004 - 04:42:29 PM »
LB that cuda is lookin friggin awesome!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
keep up the good work!!!!!!!! :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:
70 Barracuda

Offline Robb

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2004 - 05:03:02 PM »
You better get your rubber grommets or what ever they are to go over your wires to seal up those holes. you will thank yourself later for it.

:stomp:
THE ABOVE CAN NOT BE STRESSED ENOUGH   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    The battery wires going though the bare metal holes are an invitation to your car burning to the ground.

otherwise looks Darn Nice !! :thumbs:

70 Challenger SE  (440 SIX PACK / Keisler 5 speed, R/T SE replication)       68 Sport Satellite Convertible 383 Super Commando / 727  Survivor

2002 Trans AM WS6 convertible:  DD
1999 4Runner 4x4:  lifted-locked-armored  expedition vehicle
1990 Jeep XJ 4x4:  Front Dana 60, GM-14bolt rear, 3 link, 4link, 5.38 detroits, beadlocked 40's, stretched to 110" wb  Rock Crawler

lemonboy69

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2004 - 06:52:10 PM »
THE ABOVE CAN NOT BE STRESSED ENOUGH   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    The battery wires going though the bare metal holes are an invitation to your car burning to the ground.

otherwise looks Darn Nice !! :thumbs:

Thanks Robb!! Right now there's no juice running through anything... battery is sitting at 9 volts from just sitting around. Need to put it on a trickle charger and make sure she's full of water!! Just realized that I need to use my original clips to hold the junction block to the firewall... so once I get my sandblaster set back up tomorrow, it's go time there!! :grinyes: :grinyes: Little by little progress is made... but right now I'm kinda at a stand still until I can get back to blasting and cleaning parts!!

LB