Author Topic: Door glass pieces to attach prior to installing glass in door  (Read 754 times)

Offline femtnmax

Door glass pieces to attach prior to installing glass in door
« on: November 29, 2010 - 04:28:41 PM »
Both doors manual window cranks.  I have one 73-74 glass assembly and one 70-72 assembly.  The 70 style is missing so many pieces no wonder the window did not roll up/down and was installed cockeyed.
So I'm going to make both doors the newer 73-74 style.  BUT... there are pieces missing in this door too. I bought the rebuild kit, but am unsure as to some of the parts locations. 
The rear guide is no problem, the regulator horizontal guide/track is no problem, the two round "upstops" attach to the outside face of the glass no problem, then theres two round wheel type pieces that ride in the forward vertical track...is there extra pieces that go on the opposite side of the glass from the wheel?? 
Any overall pics would be much appreciated.  Thanks.
Phil

Offline femtnmax

Re: Door glass pieces to attach prior to installing glass in door
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010 - 06:29:23 PM »
Here are some pics of one area of question.  Looks like I need 2 of the cone shaped support washers that go under the plastic wheels for forward vertical window track.  The parts kit did not come with the washers, and only included two metal nuts imbedded in plastic to attach the plastic wheel to as shown in the second pic.  There needs to be a 3rd metal nut with plastic to support the forward end of the regulator horizontal guide track.
So where can I get the cone shaped washers??  Do I need to buy a second set of window parts to get the 3rd metal nut w/ plastic...seems they should have been included in the parts kit.
Phil

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Door glass pieces to attach prior to installing glass in door
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010 - 03:08:40 AM »
there should only be 2 of the round sliders / window ,

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t