Rat Neighbor Narks on Me!

Author Topic: Rat Neighbor Narks on Me!  (Read 4009 times)

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
Re: Rat Neighbor Narks on Me!
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2004 - 05:47:25 PM »
Man, am I glad my parents still own their farm.  I can work on Jess there, and no one will complain (except the people renting it out). ;D

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2004 - 06:16:35 PM »
I would just keep the doors down(and the music) and not give anyone anything to complain about.

If they can't see what you're doing they can't make a call to anyone.

I like to keep teh doors down myself just because I'm parnoid at people seeing what's actually in my garage :outtahere:
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2004 - 06:32:28 PM »
 :dontknow: Sounds like time to break in a cam out of straight headers at about 2 in the morning :laughing: :nono: :beer: :dogpile: :thumbs: :wave:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2004 - 06:34:25 PM »
WSM,
  OHHH, what you just said!!!  :o :o :o

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Steve

• I Love Welding!
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2004 - 06:39:26 PM »
I know it sounds dorky, but I was really out of sorts today over this! Here I am trying to do my hobby, learn a few things, have some fun, and dorkwad neighbor has to stir trouble. Yep, we're going underground. I'm going to finish the body work behind closed doors. I'm betting that I can get away doing the other stuff like the suspension and stuff without getting hassled. I just got to get the obvious stuff done before summer rolls around.

It's good to have support. Thanks for helping my spirits!

Offline Mt.St.BigBlock

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2004 - 07:10:33 PM »
Steve,
  It may take a while but you'll find out who the goof is. They won't be able to keep
their mouth shut complaining about "their neighbor always working on cars" and it will
get back to you via the "friend of a friend of a friend system"!! Worked for me! In the
mean time, business as usual until they come talk to me face to face!! If you're quiet 8PM to
8AM, they can pound sand!!
71 cuda 383 3spd manual gy9

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2004 - 07:33:16 PM »
Steve, that is crap!!  What you do on your own property should be your own business and only your business. :pissed: (as long as you aren't a serial killer :tongue:)  I know a lot of cities pull that stuff on people all the time, so all I can say is it's good to have 40 acres of land surrounding the closest neighbor back home. :grinyes: :tongue:  If I had to live as close to people as I am right now here in college, I'd go nuts having to listen to some of the stuff I hear going on around this joint...Let's just say I can't wait to go back for the summer! :thumbs:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2004 - 07:36:54 PM »
I have had a few neighbors actually move beacuse of us. You should see my place on the weeknds. There are muscle cars all over and people hammering/welding etc. LoL. Most of my neighbors are really nice except for the newest negibor across the street that flipped out about noise . We had to tell him where to put it in a rather (not nice way  ;D ) . never heard anything from him again. Now hes going through his mid life crisis and bought a harley ,corvette etc. Yes you guys got that right, the same neighboor that complained  about noise got a harley and a vette now and cranks down the road. I just think they really have nothing else better to do. :dupe:

lemonboy69

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2004 - 10:31:21 PM »

Sounds like one of my neighbors... she pissed and moaned to my mom because we had 3 of my cars on our property... my 'Cuda in the garage, my BMW (pile of sh!t) before we donated it, and then my Grand Am which I was driving... she complained to my mom that ALL of her kid's had to SHARE 1 car when they were growing up. My mom nicely informed her I was the ONLY child and that it was none of her business... this same neighbor dragged some limbs that she'd cut off her trees ACROSS THE STREET to a city truck that was cutting down our dead tree in our parkway. She was so insistent on getting rid of the limbs that she couldn't wait a few days for the city trucks to come by and pick them up.

When I fire up the 'Cuda to break in the cam (Midnite firing!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:), I know SHE'LL be the one to complain!!! :dogpile: A few of my other neighbors will probably call the cops the first time I make my own asphault on our street... HEHEHEHE!!!! :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

LB

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2004 - 12:04:43 AM »
typical , this is exactly why i bought my acreage , nearest neighbor was over & mile away & it so happened he is big into Mopars too , too bad I couldn`t keep the acreage  :cry:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2004 - 09:13:25 AM »
That is my dream, Psycho!  Acreage with a HUGE garage and no neighbors in sight.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2004 - 10:17:06 AM »
That is my dream, Psycho!  Acreage with a HUGE garage and no neighbors in sight.

Yep Me too . . . . but I want mine to have All Sports Lake Frontage!   Acreage on a lake with a pole barn!!  Maybe someday!!   :tongue:  :tongue:

Offline Mopar73340

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2004 - 11:18:47 AM »
 :iagree: I feel your pain, In the neighborhood I grew up in we had the same problem. I think these people are gealous.  The only problem where I live now is the motorcycle cop down the street that has to wake everyone up with his Harley every morning or evening, but I can live with that.  I can't wait to "break in my cam", He will probably be the first to complain about me though..
73-Challenger 340 727/GearVendors Auto
73-Challenger 408 Pistol-Grip 5-speed

Offline mrdigital

• Nashville / Music City
    • CDs Now
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2004 - 03:28:54 PM »
I had a funny thing happen to me.
I had the fire chief come in my apt. looking for my motorcycle.
i had just got out of the shower and luckily i had a towel on.
i couldn't believe that he just walked into my apt.
i asked him if he wanted to look in the bathroom for it and he did....... :laughing:
i guess someone in the building thought i kept my bike in the room with me. :???: i keep it at a friends house.
some people have nothing better to do than waste other people's time......
1970 cuda / Ducati S4

Offline purple6popper

• pics of my projects
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2004 - 04:33:17 PM »
when i lived in mayport florida, i actually did keep my motorcycle in the house. kitchen actually. would ride around back, open the sliding glass, and ride her on in. room mates weren't thrilled, but i rented the house and let them move in.

where i am now, i have 1 neighbor. out in the country, kind of. all the lots here are 2 1/2 acre plus. guys behind me are behind a big hill, and i own the pasture to the other side of me. neighbor is a car guy wanna be. doesn't know much, can't fix much, but doesn't keep him from trying. at least he's cool.
I found the meaning of life once, but forgot to write it down.