Author Topic: Production number question  (Read 5687 times)

Offline beekppr

• Dodge Challenger Project
Re: Production number question
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010 - 10:39:43 PM »
I can't find the VIN I wrote down. Wife might have tossed the paper. I thought is was JH23. I saw no overhead console. I think the door panels are plain. I'm attaching a pic of the rear window if that helps. Don't SEs have small windows?

So I take it the two tone seats could only come in SE models?

This is all great info. As soon as I get it home, I plan to strip out the interior. I'll look for those tags attached to the seats.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010 - 10:57:36 PM »
OK, so no overhead console helps to confirm that it was not an SE.

Cloth or leather 1970 Challenger interiors (SE or not) included the lower carpet on the door panels & the rear ashtrays, so for whatever reason it appears that your car got custom seat upholstery at some point.

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2010 - 01:59:20 PM »
I have seen this seat upholstry kit several times.  I believe it is a kit that was sold wholesale to automotive upholstry shops in the 80'S.
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline beekppr

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2010 - 08:43:23 PM »
I could see that. I like the look so maybe at some point, I will have the inserts replaced with something orange to match the paint.

Just got off the phone with the seller and he is delivering it tomorrow morning. Can hardly wait. It's gonna be like an early Christmas present unloading a trunk full of extra parts and stripping the interior in search of build sheets.

Offline beekppr

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2010 - 11:28:14 PM »
Got the car but the weather doesn't want to cooperate with me.